Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just downloaded Chrome on my Mac, along with a loada extensions, and I can't for the life of me figure of Gestures, so now everything I try and open a thread in a new tab blue swirly lines go everywhere, and Smooth Scroll means the page scrolls to fast to read threads...I think I'm doing something wrong here. :mad:

Opera. On any OS solves everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

amacachi wrote: »
    Opera. On any OS solves everything.

You've never tried Chrome for Mac, it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Things I'm missing by going to the All England :
    Panda Bear concert
    Drinking with Engadget's Ross Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Sorted out my Chrome troubles and now it's delicious...You want Smooth Gestures, not Chrome Gestures, silly me.

Em rant? 2 essays and 10 assignments due on Monday, and I've only got one essay done so far. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

broke laptop. :mad:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    broke laptop. :mad:

What happened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Baza210 wrote: »
    What happened to it?

I dunno. I turned it on last night and Startup Repair came up. Then that failed. I turned it on again this and the same thing. I'm trying all the hardware diagnostics thingys from the recovery centre. I'm scanning the hard disk now. I think it's something to do with that. Me having no clue about computers I'm hoping it will miraculously sort itself out.

I only have a presentation, assessment and spot exam to do this week. Having a laptop would be quite handy. :mad:

Could be OS trouble. If you have access to another computer and a USB key, you should try a Linux LiveUSB and see if you can get access to the data on your harddrive that way.

21 ****ing years old and I start getting acne, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Essay due tomorrow that has yet to be started.

No headphones.

:(

• Advertisement

inb4 inb4 baza saying something about headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ARGH you beat me to it, ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Giving blood samples tomorrow, and needles are shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just ran out of notes for this essay (due tomorrow) and I'm 600 words short of the word count...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

dan719v2.0 wrote: »
    Essay due tomorrow that has yet to be started.

No headphones.

:(

Stupid essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I've an Anatomy exam in the morning... not cool.
    Luckily though, I know this diagram like, really really well. Really well. So if anything gets asked on this kinda thing, I'm all set.

hello_kidney_design_white.png

tumblr_kybhlniPJJ1qzpwi0o1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Well done. Combining two things I absolutely do not understand: Schodingers Cat and the merchandising might of Hello Kitty.

Who'd have thunk the same simple picture of a kitten produced again and again and again would command such universal adoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

amacachi wrote: »
    21 ****ing years old and I start getting acne, ffs.
    Do you sleep on your stomach/side? If so go to Dunnes, buy a bunch of pillowcases. Change your pillowcase every two days. Launder them with the rest of your clothes instead of periodically with your bed sheets.

Works a treat.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Do you sleep on your stomach/side? If so go to Dunnes, buy a bunch of pillowcases. Change your pillowcase every two days. Launder them with the rest of your clothes instead of periodically with your bed sheets.

Works a treat.

Yeah usually sleep on my belly, and it's all just on one side of my face. Think there's Clearasil in the house somewhere so I'll try that for a week, anything beats spending money if possible. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

If you're living at home pillowcases (or even a clean towel you can wrap around) should be easy to come by. Dunnes pillowcases are cheap btw. Clearasil only works as well as regular soap imo

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    If you're living at home pillowcases (or even a clean towel you can wrap around) should be easy to come by. Dunnes pillowcases are cheap btw. Clearasil only works as well as regular soap imo

Aye, found a coupla pillowcases anyway. :)
    I wouldn't know, never needed to compare. :pac:

4am aircoach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Final year project demonstration date changed; I now have four days less than I I did yesterday. Huzzah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

i-am-indifferent-to-your-suffering.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deedletwee

Fecking idiots who come to the library just to go on facebook/youtube. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

deedletwee wrote: »

or boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

deedletwee wrote: »

I have a tab open with an Ethics lecture though, so it's ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

people who cant use google to find out how many hours the courfse they will have has in it.;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Bloody library online system that won't let me renew books but will fine me anyways. FFS.:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement