Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Denerick wrote: »
    troll troll troll
    Ah, now I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Studying in the postgraduate reading room the other day, looked at the guys/gals stuff next to me and he/she had a stack of notes, a bag and two condoms sitting on the top....
    durex extra safe btw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sorry about that, library can get a bit hectic you know

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

the guys/gals stuff

Sorry about that, library can get a bit hectic you know

The "Tar's sexuality" debate rages on...

(Tar's sexuality also rages on)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

More blood being stolen from me tomorrow! :(

Oh and did we have a beers?/Can we have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

andrew wrote: »
    I'm going to find your desk, and take a massive shit over all your stuff while you're away.

Why wait till he's away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

5 simple suggestions on how to use the library:

1. Friends

Do not sit next to your friends, do not sit in a row full of your friends. Your constant nattering to one another about how you can't concentrate today is, as well as stating the obvious, highly irritating to those around you.

2. Phone

Put your phone on silent. Especially if you're going to leave your desk for ages at 10 a.m. while leaving your phone behind in the library.

3. Personal space

You have a seat in the library (if you're in early!), use the desk space in front of that seat, stop encroaching on your neighbour's space. Also, the person opposite you probably does not want to play footsie.

4. Food

Eat foods that are highly pungent/aromatic/stinky or particularly noisy to eat away from the library.

5. If you need to be able to do any of the above things in order to study, then go study somewhere else. Far, far away.

penguin88 wrote: »
    5 simple suggestions on how to use the library:

1. Friends

Do not sit next to your friends, do not sit in a row full of your friends. Your constant nattering to one another about how you can't concentrate today is, as well as stating the obvious, highly irritating to those around you.

2. Phone

Put your phone on silent. Especially if you're going to leave your desk for ages at 10 a.m. while leaving your phone behind in the library.

3. Personal space

You have a seat in the library (if you're in early!), use the desk space in front of that seat, stop encroaching on your neighbour's space. Also, the person opposite you probably does not want to play footsie.

4. Food

Eat foods that are highly pungent/aromatic/stinky or particularly noisy to eat away from the library.

5. If you need to be able to do any of the above things in order to study, then go study somewhere else. Far, far away.

6. If people in the library seem gloomy (for example if they aren't very talkative) then sing them a song to cheer them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Hope you're not implying I'm gloomy! I've actually had a very good couple of days in the library this week, it was more based on the cumulative experience of the last month in the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

First exam in three hours or so. Guess I'll find out whether I actually do know anything about Competition Policy by about twelve o'clock.

But on a plus side...what a tune.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvULQgSzQ4&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I know there's a recession, I know we're all f*cked for money, I KNOW. However, I need to buy materials for my research project otherwise my PhD will be a complete waste of time. SO GIVE ME MY GRANT MONEY AND LET ME DO MY WORK! :mad:

Printed off a massive stack of legislation that I never touched in the exam. Kinda annoying.

dan719 wrote: »
    It's pretty good alright. I hadn't given it a chance until now because that tourism ad pisses me off, it's so ****ing long.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

penguin88 wrote: »
    2. Phone

Silent as in NO VIBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

GOD DAMNIT, THIS ****ING MEATSACK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Think I may have put the wrong exam number on two papers :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The state some ladies leave the toilets in the Hamilton is absolutely disgusting. Seriously! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Larianne wrote: »
    The state some ladies leave the toilets in the Hamilton is absolutely disgusting. Seriously! :mad:

And do you know what, it's been like that since I came to TCD in 1998. It used to be absolutely foul in there. People are really pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

First exam in 13 minutes. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

librarians! Hamilton library desk closed at 6!..in Trinity Term, during exam weeks that is ridiculous. I don't care if they need a bank holiday I need my chemistry book!:(

(i know i know they have lives yadeee yadaaa....i know i shouldn't left it late but :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I just bought GRID on Steam when I don't have a computer capable of playing it. The temptation of hypothetical online DORIFUTO was too much.

Anyone know if the library will be open tomorrow? Particularly the Ham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Baza210 wrote: »
    I just bought GRID on Steam when I don't have a computer capable of playing it. The temptation of hypothetical online DORIFUTO was too much.

My computer can play it. Full settings and HD all up in my grills. DirectX 11 is lovely. So much tessellation.
    Take that headphone boy..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

phlegms wrote: »
    My computer can play it. Full settings and HD all up in my grills. DirectX 11 is lovely. So much tessellation.
    Your pc would still be in the box if I hadn't shown you how to assemble it.
    Take that history boy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

phlegms wrote: »

But can you sub 3:00 Akina? Huh? Huh?

No, neither can I.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jammyc wrote: »
    Anyone know if the library will be open tomorrow? Particularly the Ham?
    http://www.tcd.ie/Library/opening-hours/

Why wouldn't it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

the notice i saw said nothing about changes to todays /sunday timetable, but still can't understand why they changed fridays opening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

The issue desk now shuts early on a Friday - at 5.45pm - but the Library opening time is unchanged.

The Library will be open 9.30-16-00 on Saturday and 11.00-15.00 on Sunday.

The Library will not open on Monday but the 24-hour reading room in the first floor of the Ussher will remain open.

• Advertisement

Cheers all. I just thought with the bank holiday or whatever it might be different. Was open anyway! Got the book!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement