Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Unshelved wrote: »
    The issue desk now shuts early on a Friday - at 5.45pm - but the Library opening time is unchanged.

The Library will be open 9.30-16-00 on Saturday and 11.00-15.00 on Sunday.

The Library will not open on Monday but the 24-hour reading room in the first floor of the Ussher will remain open.

Is the library not usually open until 5pm on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

Larianne wrote: »
    Is the library not usually open until 5pm on Sundays?

yyyyaaaaa i thiiinnnkk so, the BLU was open til 5 last Sunday, I'm assuming its the same for all libraries? (on second thoughts maybe it did close at 3.....)

I really don't understand why communication about library opening times is so bad, they have a website, which they update regularly, yet the updates seem to be missing vital information....

If there is no update on the website, students/library users assume they are opened according to the timetable on the website...which apparently is not the case. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

poppy08 wrote: »
    yyyyaaaaa i thiiinnnkk so, the BLU was open til 5 last Sunday, I'm assuming its the same for all libraries? (on second thoughts maybe it did close at 3.....)

I really don't understand why communication about library opening times is so bad, they have a website, which they update regularly, yet the updates seem to be missing vital information....

If there is no update on the website, students/library users assume they are opened according to the timetable on the website...which apparently is not the case. :confused:

Firstly, the BLU was open until 5 last Sunday as normal.

Secondly, have you checked the library website? The opening hours page has a comprehensive breakdown of times the libraries are open as well as times that the various services operate until. It also had Monday listed as closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

penguin88 wrote: »
    Firstly, the BLU was open until 5 last Sunday as normal.

Secondly, have you checked the library website? The opening hours page has a comprehensive breakdown of times the libraries are open as well as times that the various services operate until. It also had Monday listed as closed.

I did/do check the website, I just never noticed it closed at 6 on a friday though. I(incorrectly) assumed it was regular library weekday hours. I went up and saw just a piece of paper posted up saying the desk closed at 6, i thought it was a once off. ...kinda regretting my rant now, i'm over it, (googled it instead :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

Electrotech etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Apparently the 24hr room was packed full at 7.30 this morning. I'm very glad I didn't get up at 7 and walk in for 8 as I'd planned.

Seriously though, would've thought they'd leave a library or two open somehow during exam time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

yeap it was indeed. a lot of people went into the museum building and studied in one of the lecture theatres that was left unlocked - cant imagine that was fun those wooden benches are so uncomfortable. i went to use the laser huts to print off notes but no chance. every computer was taken up people studying there too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Apparently the 24hr room was packed full at 7.30 this morning. I'm very glad I didn't get up at 7 and walk in for 8 as I'd planned.

Seriously though, would've thought they'd leave a library or two open somehow during exam time...

Yeah, I was talking to people who were in there at 7.30am and got the last of the seats. Shocking really.

I was in Hammo computer room all day today and it was full too.

Word of warning - a girl got her purse stolen today in there so people, don't be so lax with your stuff lying about the place.

I know it's a cost issue but could they not have opened the Hamilton Library and just have a security guard on?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My parents are supposed to be coming over to London tomorrow for my brother's graduation. First, a high court judge decided that my Dad needs to give evidence tomorrow and told him to change his flights. Now the unpronounceable volcano in Iceland has sent ash into our airspace again, so they've booked on a ferry. Gah. Hopefully nothing will happen to the ferry... My Dad said he feels like Truman trying to get off the island

Sorry to hear about the library space thing, it really is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chest infection. Least I'm not doing exams. Had one doing finals a few years back, not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Chest infection. Least I'm not doing exams. Had one doing finals a few years back, not fun.

Do you smoke, mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Fo Real wrote: »
    Do you smoke, mate?
    Did during finals, don't now.

Makes a difference. Hoping this will be on its way out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Got one aswell. Think the gods felt sorry for me so they put some of the right questions on the exam today to counter things out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Anyone else procrastinating like hell? I've been playing football manager all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Denerick wrote: »
    Anyone else procrastinating like hell? I've been playing football manager all week.
    Yes. Learning all about Conway's Game of Life. Doubt it'll be of any use in my intellectual property law exam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Denerick wrote: »

Who are you playing as? :ninja:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Who are you playing as? :ninja:

AFC Wimbledon. Its 2032 and I'm STILL trying to breaking into the top 4 (Premiership)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Tcd Portal: "Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I can't access any PsycINFO journal articles! What the hell???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

When you feel tipsy after half a glass of wine... you know you've been studying-while-depriving-self-of-food for too long. And you're a light-weight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and you are baza

Were headphones involved? Tell-tale sign.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I imagine you are mostly headphones by this stage. Someboody picked up those jvcs and said they love em, I shall finally order after exams :p

mmm procrastination

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes. Learning all about Conway's Game of Life. Doubt it'll be of any use in my intellectual property law exam :(
    Hey, do my chaos theory exam! Everyone wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I paid a euro for three jaffa cakes from the vending machine in the Hamilton. F*ck that. I thought there would be more in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Student portal down :mad::mad::mad:
    Any other way to get past papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Student portal down :mad::mad::mad:
    Any other way to get past papers?

http://www.tcd.ie/Local/Exam_Papers/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Insomnia.

Hypersomnia.