Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

First draft of thesis due in 6 weeks and I have 0 words written and 0 work done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Just not arsed to study for my two last exams. Fed up with it altogether :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hypersomnia.

Seminophagnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Just not arsed to study for my two last exams. Fed up with it altogether :mad:
    +1

Doing exams for 3 weeks is tiring...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

24hrs, 90 minutes sleep. Hypersomnia cured!

Exam in 45 minutes, oh crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Gragh, slept in. Was supposed to be in the DR from 9-1 today to cram before tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Gragh, slept in. Was supposed to be in the DR from 9-1 today to cram before tomorrow.

Could have been worse. You could have slept in past an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

Caught someone pissing into a bottle in the Ham library yesterday evening. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

You've obv never been in the ham toilets around midnight on a firday night..... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What? I swear I do wonder the type of people they let into Trinity. That's fricking gross.

Oh rant - **** you PHYSIOLOGY **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Starting to crack up nicely.

Starting to crack up nicely.

When you finished?

Finished the bulk of my exams on friday. Then I have an OSCE in 3 weeks time.
    Actually feeling a bit better now. Met everyones favourite anatomy lecturer in subway earlier on and he gave me a few hints as to what may come up in the neuroanatomy exam.
    Tis a bit of a relief.

Finished the bulk of my exams on friday. Then I have an OSCE in 3 weeks time.
    Actually feeling a bit better now. Met everyones favourite anatomy lecturer in subway earlier on and he gave me a few hints as to what may come up in the neuroanatomy exam.
    Tis a bit of a relief.

OoooOOoh, deadly! Ya know, he's actually alright that dude. It's all for show. :)

Nope not the one you're thinking of. Twas none other than PT himself.
    Think he ordered a foot long subway melt on garlic herb and cheese bread.

Oh so you meant everyone's real fav anatomy lecturer!

:pac: At detailing his order!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

We had our differences at the beginning of the year, but as time went by, my feelings for PT grew and grew, and recently I found myself LOVING him.

I'm really jealous you met him in the real world. I've met him in the gym before (HE IS A MACHINE).. but it's not the same.

Best of luck tomorrow and for the rest of the week mardy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

The good, the bad and the ugly:

The good: I'm finished the taught part of my MSc... woohoo!
    The bad I've a thesis to do for the rest of the Summer that I hand in on the 17th... Shit.
    The ugly: I hopefully start a PhD in Queen's on the 27th of September... I don't what to say about this one!:pac:

Anatomy Viva. Got an email today, yes Sunday. We'll find out by Tuesday if we got one. Viva being held on the Thursday. That can't be right!? :confused:

I'm pretty sure I passed Anatomy but I feel sorry for others in the class that will have two days to study for it. Seems like a bit of a mess! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Exams over... and it's back to placement in James's at 9.00 am tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Biochemistry pass/fail viva.

Better than going straight to supplementals, sure, but trying to cram a whole bunch of things I didn't learn from last semester into one day is not going to be pleasant.

Was well into the whole "exams are over" buzz. Hard to get back from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

My experience with the broad curriculum system just gets better and better. :rolleyes:

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Biochemistry pass/fail viva.

Better than going straight to supplementals, sure, but trying to cram a whole bunch of things I didn't learn from last semester into one day is not going to be pleasant.

Was well into the whole "exams are over" buzz. Hard to get back from it.

Going back into the Hammo and seeing less and less people in there every day is heartbreaking!

Fingers crossed though, for all of us! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Was supposed to start work today. Now could be closer to the end of the week.

1) I need the money.

2) I could have stayed in Dublin, rather than sitting at home. May as well be broke there as here.

Larianne wrote: »
    Anatomy Viva. Got an email today, yes Sunday. We'll find out by Tuesday if we got one. Viva being held on the Thursday. That can't be right!? :confused:

I'm pretty sure I passed Anatomy but I feel sorry for others in the class that will have two days to study for it. Seems like a bit of a mess! :cool:

Feeling that pain.

Found out today I have a pass/fail in Biochem too.
    TODAY. The viva is Wednesday.
    Have to cram all of that crap in as well as Physiology/Anatomy from semester 1.

It's a great opportunity, but it's still ball****.

FML. I actually did well this semester, I just ****ed up Semester 1 royally and it's, obviously, come back to kick me in the face.

Also, people who have beahavioural science pass/fail vivas or honours vivas found out today and they're on tomorrow. Luckily I don't have either so... guessing I just... passed that one..

So much hate for the school of medicine though.

bythewoods wrote: »

Also, people who have beahavioural science pass/fail vivas or honours vivas found out today and they're on tomorrow. Luckily I don't have either so... guessing I just... passed that one..

So much hate for the school of medicine though.

For some reason, the BS pass/fail viva list for 1st meds was sent to me as well.
    Was absolutely ****ting a brick when I read the title of the email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Online application forms, grumble grumble.

For some reason, the BS pass/fail viva list for 1st meds was sent to me as well.
    Was absolutely ****ting a brick when I read the title of the email.

So I heard!
    A certain gent in your class text me to say I better not be on that focking list! Luckily I'm not... I think ye got it before us.

2 people have pass fails in it though!... You would genuinely split yourself if you found out who they were...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

FML

Multivariate Linear Analysis and Applied Forecasting on Thursday morning. Royally f*cked for it:(

• Advertisement

Glucose is phosphorylated by hexokinase to glucose-6-phosphate which is converted by phosphoglucoisomerase to fructose-6-phosphate and then by phosphofructokinase to fructose 1,6-biphosphate. The fructose 1,6-biphosphate is split into glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate and dihydroxyacetone phosphate by aldolase and these two trioses are interconverted by triose phosphate isomerase.

That's about half of the paragraph. I couldn't go on typing it - too depressing.

Can anybody here tell me why I didn't choose to study English or Philosophy or something, please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement