Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Glucose is phosphorylated by hexokinase to glucose-6-phosphate which is converted by phosphoglucoisomerase to fructose-6-phosphate and then by phosphofructokinase to fructose 1,6-biphosphate. The fructose 1,6-biphosphate is split into glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate and dihydroxyacetone phosphate by aldolase and these two trioses are interconverted by triose phosphate isomerase.

That's about half of the paragraph. I couldn't go on typing it - too depressing.

Can anybody here tell me why I didn't choose to study English or Philosophy or something, please?

Coz it's for whimps!!!

This sorts the men from the boys!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Can anybody here tell me why I didn't choose to study English or Philosophy or something, please?

So you'd prefer to answer questions like these, would you?
    1. Discuss how mythology is used to support a social structure.
    2. Is danger integral to the quest of the hero in supernatural literature? Discuss with reference to different types of danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

bythewoods wrote: »
    2 people have pass fails in it though!... You would genuinely split yourself if you found out who they were...

I was told who they are. Couldn't believe it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

So I checked the time on my phone just before I went into the exam hall and it said I was right on time, but I walked in and everyone else had already started! And I didn't finish my final question, so those few extra minutes really would have come in handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I ask myself that sometimes.

Then I remember that I absolutely detest writing essays... TP is probably the best place for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

*mobile thanks* ^

:cool: Did.not.go.well.

Kind of annoyed with how my exams have gone generally. Couple of okay ones but a few pretty bad ones. Just not the standard I had hoped for given that it's half my degree...

Ah well, it's over now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I ask myself that sometimes.

Then I remember that I absolutely detest writing essays... TP is probably the best place for me.

Lab reports for TPs are just as bad as essays (and they tend to contain a similar amount of bull****).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Its so hot... milk was a bad choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Lab reports for TPs are just as bad as essays (and they tend to contain a similar amount of bull****).
    Yeah... lab reports were the single most time consuming part of TP for me this year. Perfectionism is only a good thing in objective disciplines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Podge_irl wrote: »

I think I was the only first year this year who didn't mind doing lab reports. They're worth 30% of our physics grade and handy to do, would have been silly for me not to work at them - yet so many people didn't bother handing them up ever. However, I forsee this happening (as later labs are much more effort than just filling in the boxes!):
    Yeah... lab reports were the single most time consuming part of TP for me this year. Perfectionism is only a good thing in objective disciplines.

I shall inevitably end up getting a bit obsessed with tidying up various parts/changing bits of it/getting annoyed with LaTeX.. >.< Maybe I should transfer to pure maths so my brain doesn't melt.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Larianne wrote: »
    :cool: Did.not.go.well.

"Can you tell me about Parathyroid hormone?"

"It's eh, made in the... eh, is it made in the parathyroid, yeah?"

"Yes"

"Cool. And eh, well it's a hormone. Yep. It... gets released from the parathyroid and is secreted into the bloodstre-"

"Do you know what it acts on/ regulates?"

"Eh... "

ULPqZ.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Baza210 wrote: »
    ULPqZ.png

Whats this?
    I was merely supporting a fellow lactose intolerant brethren..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I was just grateful to be informed of the dangers of choosing milk on a hot day.

Thanks again Jammyc!

I was just grateful to be informed of the dangers of choosing milk on a hot day.

Thanks again Jammyc!
    I'm not going to hide it, I'm proud of who I am.
    Anchorman was loltastic.

bythewoods wrote: »
    "Can you tell me about Parathyroid hormone?"

"It's eh, made in the... eh, is it made in the parathyroid, yeah?"

"Yes"

"Cool. And eh, well it's a hormone. Yep. It... gets released from the parathyroid and is secreted into the bloodstre-"

"Do you know what it acts on/ regulates?"

"Eh... "

Calcium? :)

Sure I got asked what is the most important organ that regulates ion concentration in the body. Ya think I could use my brain to say the Kidneys? NOooooooooo. :( I was just so nervous, any bit of info stored away would just not come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Six repeats. Not unexpected, and certainly not undeserved. But still.....fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SLIPPERY FROG

hi all
    maybe im in the wrong place but i gotta moan
    been banned from posting by stuffy architects and engineers that give advice thats professional and free my arse,
    they are like left overs from the cold war, incompetant, greedy, and lazy, and if u say anything bad about them u will be banned, free speech me hole lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

My password ran out ages ago. Changed it today. Checked my library account...

112673142-8205b2beb689aa538838c0616a123a08.4c0e8520-scaled.png

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

My password ran out ages ago. Changed it today. Checked my library account...

112673142-8205b2beb689aa538838c0616a123a08.4c0e8520-scaled.png

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!

Pic fail?
    Not showing up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

FML

Multivariate Linear Analysis and Applied Forecasting on Thursday morning. Royally f*cked for it:(

Well its done now but just wanted to say...

Come on now that course is a piece o cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

results soon,

where my gonna find 7k ??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

phlegms wrote: »
    Pic fail?
    Not showing up for me.

Works for me, although someone else had that problem.

Get a Mac, and Google Chrome, then you deserve to see the picture.

It's a €26 library fine...

It's a €26 library fine...

Appeal it. You may get it halved. ;)

Grrr. no breakdown of my results.. I want!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nothing to do with being a mac fanboi, more to do with the fact that you linked to an image from one of twitpic's cache servers that has since been flushed.

Hahaha.

You can't hotlink to the twitpic s3 servers... unless you have a Mac, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

results soon,

where my gonna find 7k ??:eek:

Well you might need one of these and go to one of these while wearing this.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have to do a postgrad diploma next year, which will take up at least 2 nights a week in lectures and most of the rest of my spare time in extra study.

That's all well and good, but in order to get into this course I need to submit a full application. This includes academic transcripts, birth certs, CV etc.....

I'M A FULLY REGISTERED STUDENT! YOU *HAVE* ALL THIS INFORMATION!:mad::mad:

Is it really that feckin difficult to look up my records? God damn administration :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement