Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

BOI getting the vacant AIB spot near the Hamilton.

There goes my hopes for an on campus subway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Craguls wrote: »
    BOI getting the vacant AIB spot near the Hamilton.

There goes my hopes for an on campus subway :(
    On the other hand, Bank of Ireland ATMs do tenners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Baza210 wrote: »
    On the other hand, some Bank of Ireland ATMs do tenners.

FYP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Nicotine withdrawal. :mad::(:o

2010: http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/he_heg_scheme.pdf?language=EN
    "re-entering" means entering as a mature candidate following a break of at least three years, having previously been a candidate dependent on parents or legal guardian, and having previously attended a course approved for the purposes of the Higher Education Grants [HEG] Scheme or the Vocational Education Committees [VEC] Scholarship Scheme

2009: http://www.dublincity.ie/Community/HigherEducationGrants/Documents/2009%20HEG%20SCHEME%20Final.doc
    "re-entering" means entering as a mature candidate following a break of at least one year and having previously attended a course approved for the purposes of either the Higher Education Grants Scheme or the VEC Scholarship Scheme

Cúnts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

MSc thesis will be the death of me. I hate foraminifera, I'm sick of looking at them down a microscope for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Averaging two hours sleep a night!

Stressing about something that was supposed to be sorted two weeks ago. Somehow I am the one to blame! :mad::mad:

Hi all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The school of medicine is tragically inept at communication.

Popped into the anatomy dept. this week to see if they had an opening date for the dissection room for supplementals revision. They couldn't say, as they didn't know what dates our practical exam were on.

We were told that weeks ago. I had to inform the anatomy department of the dates of our practical oral exam. Jesus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What sort of course are you doing?
    MA, postgrad
    OK, bear with me
    Sorry about the delay
    Do you have your student number
    Yes, 123456789
    Is it an undergrad or postgrad course?
    Postgrad
    Sorry, I'll just put you on hold.
    I'll just put you through to admissions.
    What sort of course is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Friend I was looking to rent a house with next year just texted me this morning telling me he was pulling out to live with friends from home. Balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I officially detest grant applications. I'm getting entirely conflicting information as to whether I'm even eligible for one or not - some forms say yes, some say no - and contacting the office isn't much help either.

I need a ridiculous amount of letters confirming attendance in about a million places (okay, two), a copy of my CAO offer (which thankfully I managed to find out of nowhere, considering my house is a mess and that offer is a year old! :pac:), and far, far too many others official type things.

Now to try to pester RCSI for a letter of attendance..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Stupid thesis, tourists and Nassau St. gate. I fucking hate myself right now.

Working full time sucks. Hurry up September.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

No job no money, ate waaay too much today and feel sick :(

Tomorrow's fun activities include- startin a diet, looking for a job and a house.

Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait 2 get back to college. Bored out of my fcuking mind!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

naasface wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait 2 get back to college. Bored out of my fcuking mind!!!!!

+1, still 5 weeks of doing nothing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

You guys can have my course, I'm back this day 2 weeks. :(

fonpokno wrote: »
    You guys can have my course, I'm back this day 2 weeks. :(

I'll take it! \o/ Summer is lasting forever. This month is going by much faster than the rest though, thank god. I am horribly, horribly bored. :(

Now to start chasing up various college types to see when they give me money and vouchers. On that note, does anyone know how SF students go about collecting the book vouchers from the entrance exhibition, and how far into term are they available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Should have gotten a job/shouldn't have spent all my money

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

Aoibheann wrote: »
    On that note, does anyone know how SF students go about collecting the book vouchers from the entrance exhibition, and how far into term are they available?

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in the mail around october, that's when I got it in SF.

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in the mail around october, that's when I got it in SF.

Thank you! :) I had heard horror stories of trying to find some hidden office somewhere around Front Arch.. This makes it much easier! Now to find out how awkward the physics dept will be about my scholarship (hopefully not at all!). I'm chasing up all and any money as quickly as possible, I don't want to be broke.. >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Thank you! :) I had heard horror stories of trying to find some hidden office somewhere around Front Arch.. This makes it much easier! Now to find out how awkward the physics dept will be about my scholarship (hopefully not at all!). I'm chasing up all and any money as quickly as possible, I don't want to be broke.. >_<
    If it's the "women in physics" (derp) scholarship, you get it sometime in March. (And yeah the entrance exhibition gets posted out.)

If it's the "women in physics" (derp) scholarship, you get it sometime in March. (And yeah the entrance exhibition gets posted out.)

March again? :( 'twas painful enough waiting that long last year, when they had to go through results etc. This year they know who gets it, so surely they could just be nice, useful people and post it out? I suppose that'd be too easy!

Thanks for letting me know, at least I know when to expect it now. :)

Edit: Ooh, update! I contacted the physics admin types just on the off-chance that it would be sooner. They said they'd get back to me.. I've just received an email saying it should be "around Christmas", provided that I register. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Thank you! :) I had heard horror stories of trying to find some hidden office somewhere around Front Arch..
    You might be thinking of the book token you get if you've got firsts in all your subjects. You used to have to go to the exams office in person to collect this, but I understand that they have now started posting these out like the entrance exhibition book tokens.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    You might be thinking of the book token you get if you've got firsts in all your subjects. You used to have to go to the exams office in person to collect this, but I understand that they have now started posting these out like the entrance exhibition book tokens.

I think I got the story from my sister, who finished her course in Trinity some time ago.. They probably had to collect them back then.. :pac: \o/ for posted vouchers though, I can't wait to buy me some non-academic books.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm in bed and the sun is shining RIGHT INTO MY EYES

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

An Post and The Royal Mail better not have lost my degree certs. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 EverythingBlue

Unban coke. :mad:

Unban coke. :mad:

SU coke ban was overturned the year before last no?

Netbook shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Craguls wrote: »
    SU coke ban was overturned the year before last no?
    Yup, it's only a Nestlé ban now AFAIK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement