Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

It's raining again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Well that didn't go as planned at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A Neurotic wrote: »

****, are the results up yet? My class is waiting on Physiology viva list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

What tests are yous waiting back from ^?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 celestialteapot

About a week ago i handed in coursework that i didnt do, im in first year, what are the chances of the lecturer accepting it?

Also, i heard that if you pass the end of year exam but dont pass overall (because you didnt hand in work for example...) theyll still let you pass, does anyone know if theres any truth to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I still haven't found a place to live! Everywhere is either gone instantly or is a total kip! At this rate I'll be left sleeping on a friends couch. That might not be a bad idea actually. He's a total push over so he'll probably let me

I'm guessing it was a repeat exam now that I think of it.
    theowen wrote: »
    What tests are yous waiting back from ^?

There were results out for repeat Physiology exam today for my clas - whether you have to sit a viva. I'm not repeating but I was checkin the results for my class coz I was on campus.

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm guessing it was a repeat exam now that I think of it.

There were results out for repeat Physiology exam today for my clas - whether you have to sit a viva. I'm not repeating but I was checkin the results for my class coz I was on campus.
    That's what I was wondering, whether it was for repeats or just general tests.

Current dislike list about september 2010 has now grown to-
    thoughts of schols
    People changing their facebook to colleges that they haven't started in yet
    People not using the search function on boards, and posting about fees and giros, and things like that.
    Lack of money for booze for freshers week.
    SligoBrewer

Lawliet wrote: »
    I still haven't found a place to live! Everywhere is either gone instantly or is a total kip! At this rate I'll be left sleeping on a friends couch. That might not be a bad idea actually. He's a total push over so he'll probably let me

I was looking at places in islandbridge, about 2km out, accross from heuston, apartments are reasonable enough if I remember correctly?

• Advertisement

Groinshot wrote: »
    I was looking at places in islandbridge, about 2km out, accross from heuston, apartments are reasonable enough if I remember correctly?
    Bit too expensive and a bit too far out of the way, I'm on a pretty tight budget, I wouldn't be able to afford that rent and then have to pay for bus in and out everyday on top of that :(

Bit too expensive and a bit too far out of the way, I'm on a pretty tight budget, I wouldn't be able to afford that rent and then have to pay for bus in and out everyday on top of that :(

hrmm... buy a bike? it's a doddle of a ten minute cycle in and out! I thought the rent was reasonable enough though... Actually, a friend of mine got a house in phibsborough, 5 bedroom for about 2k, you might be able to get a room out that direction (d7)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 troufi

Groinshot wrote: »

People changing their facebook to colleges that they haven't started in yet

sue us for being excited why don't you, grumpyshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chi Force

I hate that most of my class have started their dissertations when no one has even met with any of the supervisors to discuss them yet. I have my contents page done before the college year has started and feel like a failure. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

dan719 wrote: »

?? Everything ok homie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Haven't showered in three days, have slept only 4 hours. I better get a 1st in this thesis.

These scholarships are a load of balls. Why aren't they open to repeats for feck sake.

These scholarships are a load of balls. Why aren't they open to repeats for feck sake.

What scholarships?
    Is it the entrance award thingy? If so, then yes they are. At least I think they are.

bythewoods wrote: »
    What scholarships?
    Is it the entrance award thingy? If so, then yes they are. At least I think they are.
    Ah no the big ones. They're worth a few grand a year. You have to be from a disadvantaged background, school etc and have high points from the LC, but I'm ruled out because I repeated. So, crap...

Who would you talk to in the college about this sort of stuff does anyone know?

• Advertisement

4 9am starts and one 8.50am start. BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

4 9ams, one of which is in Tallaght... it's mildly exciting now, but I'm sure it'll get old!

Ah no the big ones. They're worth a few grand a year. You have to be from a disadvantaged background, school etc and have high points from the LC, but I'm ruled out because I repeated. So, crap...
    Really? That's lousy.

They should at the very least take into account why the person repeated, there are a number of reason that someone might not do well enough the first time round, i.e. health reason, family problems, a death of someone close to them, or they could have just had a complete panic attack during an exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Is it true that someone with a level 7 ordinary degree can get into the 2nd year of a level 8 course? , I over heard two guys discussing this today .

4 9ams, one of which is in Tallaght... it's mildly exciting now, but I'm sure it'll get old!

My excitement has diminished since learning of this timetable. :(

Anatomy Monday and Friday though. \0/

Really? That's lousy.

They should at the very least take into account why the person repeated, there are a number of reason that someone might not do well enough the first time round, i.e. health reason, family problems, a death of someone close to them, or they could have just had a complete panic attack during an exam.
    I just never really cared about school, wasn't a huge deal growing up and all that...then I copped on and did pretty well. I found someone to appeal to and sent an email but no reply, bastards.

Another rant sort of related to this, I reallllly don't want to have to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Good times. Tallaght is better than James' for 2nd year IMO though, the clinical skills lab is much more accessible. The only downside is that the canteen burned down during the summer - a real shame, it was so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

dan719 wrote: »

Exams?

Ouch!! I lived with a 2nd year Physio last year, didn't think she had it that bad... maybe some of those things are like... tutorials or something, hopefully?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

:(:(:( I'm 17 :(:(:(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How infuriating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement