Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Stupid printers in hamilton weren't working again today... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Maths Methods?

Laughing.jpg
    I know. I'm only doing it because it's a prerequisite in third year, and I suck too much to be allowed anywhere near real maths :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Groinshot wrote: »
    Stupid printers in hamilton weren't working again today... :(

Wait, isn't it your job...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Anyone else having issues using the College Network today?
    My Mac works perfectly usually but wasn't able to connect for ages...it's working now, but Skype and iTunes etc are all not working.

Am I screwed, or was everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Annoyingly, all the links are broken on the TCD site to tell me where/when to register. All I know is that it's today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Annoyingly, all the links are broken on the TCD site to tell me where/when to register. All I know is that it's today...

You can register at any time, they don't usually care if your course isn't supposed to register today. It's in the Exam Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

charmer wrote: »
    Heard it through the grapevine that the cloakroom is only open between 10am and 5pm this year. How inconvenient. :mad:

One of the ladies told me it's 8:30 to 5:30. Which is incredibly annoying.

Wait, isn't it your job...
    No.
    http://isservices.tcd.ie/facilities/printing_support.php
    zuchum wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues using the College Network today?
    My Mac works perfectly usually but wasn't able to connect for ages...it's working now, but Skype and iTunes etc are all not working.

Am I screwed, or was everyone?
    was absolutely ****** last night in halls too.

The SU seems to be quite incompetent this year. First of all, during Freshers' Week all info on the SU website about class rep elections was from the previous year, and the link to the nomination form on the website didn't work.
    I picked up a form during Freshers' Week at the SU stand, and a girl on the stand assured me that I didn't need two nominations... that one (my own name) was ok. So I handed it in like that. Then next week I get an email from the education officer telling me I need another nomination asap.
    Then I never get confirmation that I'm in the election.... but the two others in my course running for class rep do. Turns out that whoever sent the emails out spelt my email address wrong.
    In the weekly SU email that everyone got, it said that the count would take place Friday night in House 7... just looking at the SU website now, it says the count takes place Thursday night in House 6.......
    Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

None of the printers working today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody having key card issues? Our whole class is locked out of our lab because none of our key cards work (for the first week, about 3 cards out of the whole class worked, but now none work anymore).

It's very annoying!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Can't log into webct. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

Mark200 wrote: »
    First of all, during Freshers' Week all info on the SU website about class rep elections was from the previous year, and the link to the nomination form on the website didn't work.

This isn't true. This page was up on Monday of Freshers' Week, with a link to the nomination form working just fine.

Mark200 wrote: »
    The SU seems to be quite incompetent this year. First of all, during Freshers' Week all info on the SU website about class rep elections was from the previous year, and the link to the nomination form on the website didn't work.
    I picked up a form during Freshers' Week at the SU stand, and a girl on the stand assured me that I didn't need two nominations... that one (my own name) was ok. So I handed it in like that. Then next week I get an email from the education officer telling me I need another nomination asap.
    Then I never get confirmation that I'm in the election.... but the two others in my course running for class rep do. Turns out that whoever sent the emails out spelt my email address wrong.
    In the weekly SU email that everyone got, it said that the count would take place Friday night in House 7... just looking at the SU website now, it says the count takes place Thursday night in House 6.......
    Wtf.
    I would have thought that there being space for 2 names on the form would implore you to find some randomer and get them to sign it for you. And that particular girl isn't in charge, not her fault. And maybe they couldn't read your handwriting? it's not ALWAYS someone elses fault

I would have thought that there being space for 2 names on the form would implore you to find some randomer and get them to sign it for you. And that particular girl isn't in charge, not her fault. And maybe they couldn't read your handwriting? it's not ALWAYS someone elses fault
    Equally, sometimes it is someone else's fault, and it certainly seems to me that Mark200 acted reasonably in the circumstances.

This isn't true. This page was up on Monday of Freshers' Week, with a link to the nomination form working just fine.

Sorry, it was actually Sunday (the day before the start of Freshers' Week) that I checked the page and the dates were from the previous year... and the link to the nomination form did not work because I tried it on more than one computer and got the same error. I'm pretty confident that I re-checked it during Freshers' Week (and it was the same) though.

I had planned on getting two nominations, until I was told that I didn't need them. What would be the point in saying "nah I'll get another one anyway"? Also, I wasn't really blaming the girl. It's the officer in question's responsibility to make sure the people working on the stands know this stuff.

Good thing: plucking up the courage to ask a pretty girl out for coffee.
    Stupid thing: phrasing it as "Text me if you want to get coffee some time this week."

Phrasing of this makes me think of:

Equally, sometimes it is someone else's fault, and it certainly seems to me that Mark200 acted reasonably in the circumstances.

that's true too. but still, common sense prevails. Hypothetically- you have an exam, an MCQ, and there's space for 50 questions, to be answered, there's 50 questions on the sheet, the instructions tell you to answer 50 questions. Soe person standing there tells you you only need to answer 30 questions... what do?

that's true too. but still, common sense prevails. Hypothetically- you have an exam, an MCQ, and there's space for 50 questions, to be answered, there's 50 questions on the sheet, the instructions tell you to answer 50 questions. Soe person standing there tells you you only need to answer 30 questions... what do?

If that "some person" was in a position of authority during the exam, for example an invigilator, you'd assume that they knew what they were talking about. Either way, that example is completely different.... it was a matter of waiting another week to get someone from my class to sign it or just hand it to her there as she told me that it was fine...... completely different to the scenario you described. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

People who decide they want to have a chat with you while you're studying in the library. (I eventually told them to go away..)

Now I have to move from my usual spot to get away from them. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ah, Klean-Prep, my old foe. We meet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

SSHing into macneill.cs.tcd.ie wasn't going well for a while there and now its giving me input/output errors when trying to get into my folder.

I need my C :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

boblong wrote: »
    SSHing into macneill.cs.tcd.ie wasn't going well for a while there and now its giving me input/output errors when trying to get into my folder.

I need my C :mad:
    melody.cs.tcd.ie is still working.

SSH onward from wilde (melody is not world accessible).

Jonathan wrote: »
    melody.cs.tcd.ie is still working.

SSH onward from wilde (melody is not world accessible).

Cheers, but "Access denied" response for me and another second year with wilde.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

boblong wrote: »
    Cheers, but "Access denied" response for me and another second year with wilde.
    Try stoker then from inside cs domain.

OK managed to get to melody through spoon. User folder still inaccessable though. Will try to find out what's going on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Trinity proxy has been bollox lately. Taking an age to load pages :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woo-hoo/anti-moan: university libraries that stay open until 5am.

Rant/bitch/moan: making use of them, on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

sh!t that we don't have tomorrow off? Or do we?

• Advertisement

Staying up all night to try fix my sleeping pattern. Hard work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement