Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pitiful amount of studying done today, yesterday, Sunday and Saturday. YAY go me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The one on the ground floor of the Hamilton is broken, but the one on the first floor works fine (as of Saturday evening at least).

That one is so slow. It sucks even more when you're behind some guy filling up his 2 litre bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Rain ruins my day

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Oh and thunder also...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fringe wrote: »
    That one is so slow. It sucks even more when you're behind some guy filling up his 2 litre bottle.
    The other one on the ground floor of the Hamilton also works (the white one by the toilets), though it's slightly awkward for filling up a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I got a personalised email asking me to pay fees for a course I'm not doing and have never attended any classes related to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I got a personalised email asking me to pay fees for a course I'm not doing and have never attended any classes related to it.
    Heh something similar happened to me last year; DIT kept sending me letters asking me to pay the registration fee for some physics course. I don't know why they thought I was going there, I never even applied for DIT and my name's pretty unusual so it not like they were mixing me up with someone else on the course with the same name!
    Anyway I just sent them an email explaining that I don't even go there and they stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

It's a recession, we all have to share the pain!

Cold showers in pool. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bueller

Whoosh! You think you've plenty of free time for assignments.

And then, you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

How do I print in LG12 now? That Lexmark one by the door just sat there humming, no matter which printer I sent the job to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    How do I print in LG12 now? That Lexmark one by the door just sat there humming, no matter which printer I sent the job to.
    Print from the Debian machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

24hr room is cooooooold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Walking through the snow and crap tomorrow is going to completely and utterly suck balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My tootsies were so cold that I had to give up and leave the library by 5. Very upset.

Snow is so wonderful, so wonderful... but cold feet are SO upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

^ I feel your pain, I'm spending way too much time in the Hamilton computer labs just trying to get some feeling back in my toes

WTF Trinity, last time Dublin froze over you didn't close the 24hr labs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Off campus access to electronic resources not working from library website.. :(

WTF Trinity, last time Dublin froze over you didn't close the 24hr labs.

Bah! They opened up Regent House as a study space!?! I see this now. :mad::mad::mad: Got FUK all study done this weekend at home. :(

It's snowing, again! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Had two assignments due this morning but am only a third the way through one of them because I've spent about 3 days staring at a blank screen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

If you were in the study space after 11 where's there to go for food/coffee?

Maccy D's?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

theowen wrote: »
    If you were in the study space after 11 where's there to go for food/coffee?
    Nowhere because you won't be let back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Jonathan wrote: »
    Oh, I thought you could leave and enter as you please. My bad:rolleyes: Is there not some vending machines near by in some hidden location out of curiosity?

Hammo is your friend. YOu should just bring a stash of food in with you then go eat in the Hammo and have a coffee from the lovely vending machine there.

Oh, I thought you could leave and enter as you please. My bad:rolleyes:
    Maybe they will allow you back in if you tell them when you are going out, I don't know.
    Is there not some vending machines near by in some hidden location out of curiosity?
    Vending Machines in Hamilton if you fancy walking that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Coffee machine in the museum building with 50cent coffee. Nom.

Also, if you ask the security man at front arch if you can leave and come back in they're usually pretty sound about it.

Jonathan wrote: »
    You will be let back in before 12. Enough time to pop into McD's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Wooo, college until 8 tonight. Kill me now! And getting the bus home will be dodgy too, there might not be one operating at half eight because of the weather. Wahhh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement