Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

That's odd, email. I wasn't aware that I attended one of the UK's top universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Maths test. Did some study then played TF2 all night because I probably wouldn't wake up in time for it even having set an alarm. Now more study, oh, yay, wave equations..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Essay tweaking, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Exams begin tomorrow. Not going to be pretty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Exams begin tomorrow. Not going to be pretty...
    Tables were being delivered to Sports Hall this morning from whatever Indiania-esque warehouse they're stored in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm going to miss college a lot over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I'm going to miss college a lot over Christmas.
    Funny, I tend to miss Christmas a lot during college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Why do I always leave essays to the last minute? Really cannot wait for the Chrsitmas holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Got on the wrong effin bus this morning! Just about made it into class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Stuck at home all week after dislocating my knee cap last week. Already bored stiff!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

bythewoods wrote: »
    Coffee machine in the museum building with 50cent coffee. Nom.

Also, if you ask the security man at front arch if you can leave and come back in they're usually pretty sound about it.

:eek: Where is this little treasure?

What's the story with Museum Building? Are we allowed in? Are we not? I've heard rumours of security men kicking people out. But.. Hamilton swipey cardy thingy wasn't working :mad: so I went in.

charmer wrote: »
    :eek: Where is this little treasure?

What's the story with Museum Building? Are we allowed in? Are we not? I've heard rumours of security men kicking people out. But.. Hamilton swipey cardy thingy wasn't working :mad: so I went in.

Museum building is my second home in exam season. 24 hour toilets, coffee/hot chocolate, loud echoey amazingness, dinosaurs... been using the classroom and lecture hall lately for a bit of group study too. I've been using it since last year and have never met security in there, although I've heard of people being apprehended in there before.

The 60c coffee machine is up the big stairs and to the right, in the little hallway area thing situation.

Museum building is my second home in exam season. 24 hour toilets, coffee/hot chocolate, loud echoey amazingness, dinosaurs... been using the classroom and lecture hall lately for a bit of group study too. I've been using it since last year and have never met security in there, although I've heard of people being apprehended in there before.

The 60c coffee machine is up the big stairs and to the right, in the little hallway area thing situation.

Thank you! Will be off to get a coffee in a bit :)
    Yeah.. those dinosaurs.. I have a slight fear of the whole "Night At the Museum" thing kicking off. But i'll brave it for a coffee.

There was a man in a high vis jacket there earlier, but he just took his hood down and stood at the top of the stairs watching me when I went in so maybe they're cool about it. Or maybe I should be more worried about him rather than the dinosaurs.

Thank you! Will be off to get a coffee in a bit :)

And so, study is abandoned in favour of "spot the boardsie in the 24 hour room"... every single person in here having a laptop doesn't help.

And so, study is abandoned in favour of "spot the boardsie in the 24 hour room"... every single person in here having a laptop doesn't help.

:eek: You're here?!
    I'm now completely paranoid.. Care to join me for a coffee break? :P

:eek: You're here?!
    I'm now completely paranoid.. Care to join me for a coffee break? :P

I have a hunch that you're the guy in the corner furthest away from the entrance. Also, this is weird.

I have a hunch that you're the guy in the corner furthest away from the entrance. Also, this is weird.

I thought that was you :p

Meh, it beats study

I thought that was you :p

Meh, it beats study

OK, my turn again.

Dude with the big headphones, glasses, and mac, facing the back wall?

This game is tense. Every guess I make reveals more about my location...

OK, my turn again.

Dude with the big headphones, glasses, and mac, facing the back wall?

This game is tense. Every guess I make reveals more about my location...

Go fish.

Guy closest the window and at far end of the room?

Go fish.

Guy closest the window and at far end of the room?

Bingo! I must have my stalkerishest face on. I have no idea where you are.

You have outstalked me. Kudos.

• Advertisement

Why thank you. It's a skill. :)
    Coffee?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Surely the repeated looking around the room followed by furious typing gave him away?

Jonathan wrote: »
    Surely the repeated looking around the room followed by furious typing gave him away?

Aww man, you're here too?
    Hmm i'll take it you're the one who just approached him. I feel like a supercreep right now..

Jonathan wrote: »

The way I'm facing makes it difficult to sneaky look at people without being seen to have a gawk...
    Hmm i'll take it you're the one who just approached him. I feel like a supercreep right now..

Nawh, that was a guy in my class. I have no coffee money, and I just had one of those awful energy boost shot things in an act of desparation. Where the hell are you!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Awh, bless, new fwends.

Also Lemur, how many of "us" are in there tonight?
    I was cramming well until I decided it was time to check boards. May not get to sleep before exam at this rate.. Nooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In keeping with the thread title, got how I hate Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds. :pac:

Aha! Some gentle cyberstalking has revealed your deceptive gender. Search begins anew!

Why is it that internet people are automatically male until proven otherwise? Hmm...
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Awh, bless, new fwends.

Also Lemur, how many of "us" are in there tonight?
    I was cramming well until I decided it was time to check boards. May not get to sleep before exam at this rate.. Nooooooooo

Just me and Raws. Ciara and Dan and Tamgles were here until about half 11, that was all. It's good craic here, good buzz. Some study. Few beers. Awh yeah.

Aha! Some gentle cyberstalking has revealed your deceptive gender. Search begins anew!

Why is it that internet people are automatically male until proven otherwise? Hmm...

Mmmm tastes like UHT milk, any chance you have some sugar? It's a bit bitter!

Those are the rules, everyone on the internet is male. :pac:

Mmmm tastes like UHT milk, any chance you have some sugar? It's a bit bitter!

Those are the rules, everyone on the internet is male. :pac:

See, now I'm just self-conscious about looking for you in case you're secretly laughing at me somewhere :(

The hot chocolate is quite nice for 60c!

• Advertisement

See, now I'm just self-conscious about looking for you in case you're secretly laughing at me somewhere :(

The hot chocolate is quite nice for 60c!

I did just laugh at that.. :D
    I could just stand up and wave. Although I think everyone else might find it a little strange

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement