Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Assignment feedback would be useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Lit Review FML :mad: Fúck you Information Warfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bueller

Regular sleeping patterns still recovering from the hammering they took over the Christmas...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

10 dead goldfish and we don't know why. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Can't seem to access Meteor.ie or any email service on my laptop via the college network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Assassin paranoia...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Had big plans to get up at 9am on my day off today, read things, and get all my work done before this weekend. Here I am still in bed at 12.45 eating profiteroles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

zam wrote: »
    Had big plans to get up at 9am on my day off today, read things, and get all my work done before this weekend. Here I am still in bed at 12.45 eating profiteroles.

This is me. Except I don't have the profiteroles :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

zam wrote: »

Ha! There's something about profiteroles in bed which makes that seem sickeningly extravagant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Locked my phone and keys in my apartment. Not sure when my flatmate is home and he's damn hard to contact. Been sitting in this pub with free wifi for the last 4 hours :\

Not liking learning about burns. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Larianne wrote: »
    Not liking learning about burns. :(
    Try working in a burns unit around Halloween^

Tragedy wrote: »
    Try working in a burns unit around Halloween^

Hmm.. it could be a possibility some day. I dunno if I could ever get used to that. :o

Trust me, you can get used to anything. The only problem is if you end up wishing you couldn't.

No, no. The smell after the emptying of a colostomy bag - never get used to that. :eek:

Give it a few more years and you won't even notice :D

Hopefully I won't come into contact with it that much.

Someone hijacked a college mailing list, hence 187 responses with varying degrees of aggression. Fun times, yay for filters, though.

Ugh, no idea where my driving licence is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Had to resurrect this because I'm so annoyed that I had no workload last yerm and this year sucks, I expected final year to be bad but a bit more spread out with no clashes. January 17th- 5000 word essay. March 7th- 10,000 word dissertation AND 3,500 word essay AND other 3,500 word essay (neither count for anything). That better be grounds for an extension on at least one of them. April 4th- 5000 word essay AND 5000 word essay- both count for everything, worth the same as the thesis. UGHHHH. I know I picked those modules myself but because my course is interdisciplinary and new there wasn't much guidelines as to course duration/assessment. Not much at all on writing a dissertation either- but it's okay because they're giving the third years classes on how to write one and they have to submit bibliographies and plans...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

It's going to be a long night, sigh. I wish my essay would finish itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bueller

Reading Week's over and the pressure is on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Bueller wrote: »
    Reading Week's over and the pressure is on...

Time to learn a years worth of material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Had to resurrect this because I'm so annoyed that I had no workload last yerm and this year sucks, I expected final year to be bad but a bit more spread out with no clashes. January 17th- 5000 word essay. March 7th- 10,000 word dissertation AND 3,500 word essay AND other 3,500 word essay (neither count for anything). That better be grounds for an extension on at least one of them. April 4th- 5000 word essay AND 5000 word essay- both count for everything, worth the same as the thesis. UGHHHH. I know I picked those modules myself but because my course is interdisciplinary and new there wasn't much guidelines as to course duration/assessment. Not much at all on writing a dissertation either- but it's okay because they're giving the third years classes on how to write one and they have to submit bibliographies and plans...

I can relate. Just handed in my final year experimental prject thesis, and now I have four essays to write by the end of term, and a poster presentation of the thesis due in two weeks. Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rockhead

www.trinners4winners.com

Saw this on facebook the other day and well from what i hear it will actually be good when it gets going properly and seems like a good laugh but i dunno guess we're going to have to wait and see..
    What does everyone else think?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Rockhead wrote: »
    www.trinners4winners.com

Saw this on facebook the other day and well from what i hear it will actually be good when it gets going properly and seems like a good laugh but i dunno guess we're going to have to wait and see..

I'm thinking.... shameless plug.

If you're going to promote a silly blog then at least admit that you're involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Rockhead wrote: »
    www.trinners4winners.com

I think it looks pretty good but it could use some decent writing and a better format and a better idea for a blog and i think it would be better if it had shorter sentences.

websites name is good though!

YAWR! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Not quite a rant/bitch/moan, but I didn't want to start another thread:

Does anyone know how the teaching weeks/actual weeks line up?
    Like, I know this is week 8 of Hilary Term. We had 6 weeks of lectures, week 7 was reading week, so now first week back is week 8.

I have tutorials for teaching weeks 23,25,28,30,32. No idea how the weeks line up though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement