Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tell me where I am on placement for 5 weeks will ya!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

Spending hours upon hours studying anatomy and still knowing that if you're unlucky with viva questions you won't get the mark you deserve... urghgh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Spending hours upon hours studying anatomy and still knowing that if you're unlucky with viva questions you won't get the mark you deserve... urghgh
    Replace "anatomy" with "any subject" and "viva" with "any exam" and that's a pretty standard statement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

Replace "anatomy" with "any subject" and "viva" with "any exam" and that's a pretty standard statement there.

True, but in my experience the anatomy vivas are particularly unjust. They can ask the most obscure questions and imo 2 minutes isn't really enough time to determine the level of knowledge you may/may not have, especially considering the volume of information we have to know for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

True, but in my experience the anatomy vivas are particularly unjust. They can ask the most obscure questions and imo 2 minutes isn't really enough time to determine the level of knowledge you may/may not have, especially considering the volume of information we have to know for it.
    That's why half the marks go for the written paper too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I think vivas are nerve-wrecking but good. Lets examiners show you have real knowledge and not just learned off essays.
    Edit: rant/bitch/moan boo! Queen!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

File under Dept of Ugh.
    That is all. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

From what I heard of the TP Vivas in my year I would have failed them spectacularly despite fairly coasting a first. Largely depends on your examiner unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Portal 2 is out but I'm going to be spending the day studying, knowing it's waiting at home...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If it's any consolation, I'm playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Damn religion closing the libraries.

Anyone know if there'll be access to the Hamilton computer rooms friday/saturday/monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Fcuk everyone who dumped their stuff on a seat in the 24hr lab to reserve it last night and is obviously in bed right now.

SCUM OUT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

If they're not there in an hour, move it. It's daunting to do but, you're right in the argument.

According to the library website;
    Readers are not permitted to reserve seats by leaving their belongings or books on seats and desks. The Library staff may move any property left at unoccupied desks or seats for more than 15 minutes except for officially reserved seats and carrels.

banjopaul wrote: »
    Damn religion closing the libraries.

Anyone know if there'll be access to the Hamilton computer rooms friday/saturday/monday?

Yeah, should be. Was open last year.
    Fcuk everyone who dumped their stuff on a seat in the 24hr lab to reserve it last night and is obviously in bed right now.

SCUM OUT

I hope you moved their shít. It's usually students who live nearby who leave their crap their there overnight as they leave later then others then swan in at like 10 o'clock while others kill themselves to get in early to grab a seat.

I think in some colleges if people leave their desks they are required leave a note saying what time they left at so others know if they're taking the píss and can then move their books if they're gone for 2hours or whatever.

OT but what's regent house like to study in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Jammyc wrote: »
    If they're not there in an hour, move it. It's daunting to do but, you're right in the argument.
    I wouldn't even wait the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Larianne wrote: »
    I think in some colleges if people leave their desks they are required leave a note saying what time they left at so others know if they're taking the píss and can then move their books if they're gone for 2hours or whatever.
    Trinity has such a system; there are stickers available in Iveagh Hall that you can leave at your desk to show when you left.

I hope you moved their shít. It's usually students who live nearby who leave their crap their there overnight as they leave later then others then swan in at like 10 o'clock while others kill themselves to get in early to grab a seat.
    I happened to be in early enough to grab an empty space, I was just annoyed that so many places around me had been reserved like this. I was happy to see, though, that once all the empty spaces were gone (shortly after 8am) people didn't hesitate to clear spaces that had not been occupied all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jmn89

The girl next to me in the 24 hour space last Sunday was watching youtube videos and TV3 player for over 2 consecutive hours immediately after lunch - I completely get struggling to concentrate, but pretty bad form when the floor is cluttered by poor souls who arrived at 9.15 rather than 9...

Ladies toilets in the Hamilton today.

An absolute disgrace. :mad: Puke on the floor just as you entered one of the doors, tissue everywhere, toilets not flushed, toilets blocked.

It was fuking disgusting.

Larianne wrote: »
    Ladies toilets in the Hamilton today.

An absolute disgrace. :mad: Puke on the floor just as you entered one of the doors, tissue everywhere, toilets not flushed, toilets blocked.

It was fuking disgusting.
    WTF?! How does that even happen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Yeah the Hamilton toilets are disgusting. People don't seem to be able to flush the toilets either. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. As you progress through the day you see more and more toilets are clogged up with tissue.

That puke was disgusting. Someone just put some A4 pages over it and some tissue. Didn't really help. I just waited til I got home to use the toilet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Are there not another set down the South end? Or are they locked out of hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

AndrewJD wrote: »
    Are there not another set down the South end? Or are they locked out of hours?

Nope they're locked

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

I was walking along the court yard chating up some french girl I had meet on the bus.. When some fat america **** walks straight into us and knocks me to the the floor.I was so angry that I almost knocked the **** out!..except the french girl was watching.After he had walked off I turned back to see his wallet on the floor.. 1-0 bitch!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

investment wrote: »
    I was walking along the court yard chating up some french girl I had meet on the bus.. When some fat america **** walks straight into us and knocks me to the the floor.I was so angry that I almost knocked the **** out!..except the french girl was watching.After he had walked off I turned back to see his wallet on the floor.. 1-0 bitch!haha
    Cool story bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

[brian@tui ~]$ cat frenchGirl
    cat: frenchGirl: No such file or directory

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

Baza210 wrote: »
    [brian@tui ~]$ cat frenchGirl
    cat: frenchGirl: No such file or directory

:(

Just run:
    touch frenchGirl

first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Post-Easter motivation/cracking this assignment effort required..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

So just realised I'm 4 years older than the guy who created 4chan... WTF? That's been around since 2003. What the hell was I doing in 2003? Shaving my head, interailing... at 20.

ugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    So just realised I'm 4 years older than the guy who created 4chan... WTF? That's been around since 2003. What the hell was I doing in 2003? Shaving my head, interailing... at 20.

ugh

You will drive yourself mad thinking like this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement