Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kwekubo wrote: »

Happy Birthday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Also relevant.

Just to make you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Also relevant.

Just to make you feel better.
    hahah cheers, it was actually after seeing that that I thought "he looks awful young".
    You will drive yourself mad thinking like this
    No doubt.
    So lets see, that's Randall Munroe, Zuckerberg and now Poole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Don't forget Lady Gaga. She's younger than even me. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yep, moot's quite the catch.

2011.03.13moot.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

On 30th March 2011 the College was advised that a file containing student and staff names, addresses, ID numbers and email addresses, which had been provided to the Library, was inadvertently made accessible on the local College network between August 2009 until March 2011.

This information was not accessible through the internet and the College has no reason to believe that your privacy was compromised. For your security, we encourage you to be aware of email scams that ask for personal or sensitive information.

In line with Data Protection legislation the College has reported this incident to the Data Protection Commissioner. We regret that this incident has taken place and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The College takes its obligation to protect your data very seriously, and we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.

Denerick wrote: »
    Where do I sue?
    You could try moving to the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Stupid 24 hour room full by 7.45am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Stupid ISS guy checking ID's in the hamilton computer rooms- why wasn't there anyone in the 24hr rooms when they were all full this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Baza210 wrote: »
    You could try moving to the United States.

why should he move.. just to save trinitys ass when they were clearly in the wrong. Denerick gets a good so solicitors and sue if you want mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭oharach

investment wrote: »
    why should he move.. just to save trinitys ass when they were clearly in the wrong. Denerick gets a good so solicitors and sue if you want mate

I think Baza might be getting at the fact that class action suits with plenty of exemplary damages are allowed in the US. You would have great difficulty getting anything out of Trinity in a civil action except your legal expenses, unless of course it has caused someone quantifiable harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

"I was mentally disturbed by the disruption this "invasion of privacy" caused to my studies at exam time"

One doctor with a referral to a psychiatrist to certify the mental anguish, one brief to prove it - oh, and don't get a 1.1

Perfectly doable - and somebody will. The class action facet is particularly USA but with the child abuse cases I'd imagine a precedent may soon be set.
    TCD is trading off a name it may have once had. If this isn't the straw, something else will be.

TCD is trading off a name it may have once had. If this isn't the straw, something else will be.

Hahahahaha

In at 7 in the 24 hour, got a seat today, but the majority of the seats are taken already, not by people but by books and other things to claim their seats. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I am definitely closer to not having gone to bed at 7 than I am to being up by then... hurray for 2pm exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Would there be much chance of getting a seat in the 24 hour Study room from about midnight during the exams?

In terms of moaning I wish I'd started doing stuff before now.

Also, stupid fcuking 9.30 exams, gonna have to be up at 6 in the morning so it makes little sense to go to bed now.

Yea the place seems to start clearing out around 7-8. Its early mornings that are the problem, only one more real weekend of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

In at 7 in the 24 hour, got a seat today, but the majority of the seats are taken already, not by people but by books and other things to claim their seats. What a joke.

Library regulations state that readers are not permitted to reserve seats by leaving their belongings or books on seats and desks. Readers may move any property left at unoccupied desks or seats for more than 15 minutes except for officially reserved seats and carrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Unshelved wrote: »
    Library regulations state that readers are not permitted to reserve seats by leaving their belongings or books on seats and desks. Readers may move any property left at unoccupied desks or seats for more than 15 minutes except for officially reserved seats and carrels.
    I think everyone knows this rule by now, and I have seen it happen. However, that doesn't mean that leaving your books there to reserve a place is not a sh*t thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

The problem with the rule is that people who have just come into the library don't know what stuff has been there for more than 15 mins

Mark200 wrote: »
    The problem with the rule is that people who have just come into the library don't know what stuff has been there for more than 15 mins

Yeah so you have to hang around for 15 minutes. I think if a rule of leaving a note with the time you left was inforced, more people wouldn't be taken hour/ 2 hour lunches... plus a lot of people reserve seats for their mates. :mad:
    (Wish I'd mates...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Larianne wrote: »
    I think if a rule of leaving a note with the time you left was inforced, more people wouldn't be taken hour/ 2 hour lunches...
    There is such a rule, up to yourself to enforce it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Well there's the problem. I don't think it should be up to us to enforce it. There are enough librarians in the library that one could do a quick sweep of the study area every 30 minutes or so, and those that don't have a note on them, get their stuff taken to the main desk. I don't think it should be up to students to enforce rules of the college on other students.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

No point having a rule that no one knows about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Unless Marvel Zombies gets asked on one of my exams, today thus far has been a waste...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Didn't like today's exam at all at all. Bleck.

Rude people. Next time you can fuk off with your wheelie bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Has anybody ever come across anyone getting an "NS" in one of their modules? If so, how badly did they do to deserve getting something like this?

I got 16% in my continuous assessment in one of my subjects and will more than likely get around 10% in the exam. I have decided to write it off and concentrate on my other exams and leave it to the repeats. I know this is retarded but its the best course of action I can take at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

The Hamilton Mac Room has turned into a study session for a group of first years. And by that I mean giggling, shouting and an extremely camp guy doing that stupid wrist thing. Obvious coughing has not worked, nor has turning up music very loudly.

Hoping one of you absolute f*cktards reads this and learns some f*cking manners. Or at least talk about something academic as you disturb my work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement