Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dan719 wrote: »
    The Hamilton Mac Room has turned into a study session for a group of first years. And by that I mean giggling, shouting and an extremely camp guy doing that stupid wrist thing. Obvious coughing has not worked, nor has turning up music very loudly.

Hoping one of you absolute f*cktards reads this and learns some f*cking manners. Or at least talk about something academic as you disturb my work.

You're in there too? I nearly exploded at the weekend with rage. This weekend I think will be the weekend!! My exams start next with and I've no problem turning schitzo. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 randomnoobV

everyone walks around here like they have a hot poker shoved up their arse, posh inbred b@stardised lovechildren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 violet21

Quote: 'I've no problem turning schitzo'

People suffer with Schizophrenia. It is not a word that should be used so flippantly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

violet21 wrote: »

People suffer with Schizophrenia. It is not a word that should be used so flippantly :(
    People suffer from AIDS, I still make AIDS jokes.

Sorry to be blunt but, deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Tragedy wrote: »
    People suffer from AIDS, I still make AIDS jokes.

Sorry to be blunt but, deal.

Jerry, jerry jerry, jerry!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Linear Algebra was quite difficult.
    Everyone I was talking to couldn't get their Jordan Normal question to work out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

One exam down and I am so BORED already.

Really?

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry, I just expected better from a supposed moderator. I had an awful day studying, and your comment just got to me. Putting your sarcasm aside, perhaps you and other people should try to think before making such statements. Go and read about schizophrenia, and then perhaps you'll see my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

At least she isn't confusing it with multiple personality disorder (I hope), like most people do.

• Advertisement

The only thing worse than being unlucky with what questions come up, is actually being lucky enough that the few things you've studied come up, but you can't remember them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Ironically, schizophrenia would be one of the most difficult mental illnesses to fake, given it's one of the few (only?) mental illnesses diagnosable with a brain scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I would happily spend the rest of my exams in prison to KILL one of the groups of first years in the hamilton mac rooms today. My god, I swear you could go multiple personality on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

dan719 wrote: »
    The Hamilton Mac Room has turned into a study session for a group of first years. And by that I mean giggling, shouting and an extremely camp guy doing that stupid wrist thing. .
    wrist thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

blubloblu wrote: »
    wrist thing?

limp-wrist.jpg

I made the mistake of googling this with safesearch off. :o

Sorry, I just expected better from a supposed moderator. I had an awful day studying, and your comment just got to me. Putting your sarcasm aside, perhaps you and other people should try to think before making such statements. Go and read about schizophrenia, and then perhaps you'll see my point.

This is the rant/bitch/moan thread. Don't like it? Don't click on it.

And supposed moderator? No supposing about it, I am. Of two forums. Not of the entire site. Just in case anyone was confused.

On topic - why can't the fricking library be open later on the weekends during exam time?!? :mad:

Larianne, I'm sorry, I did not mean it as a personal attack. I'm rather embarrassed about my comment, heat of the moment mixed with little sleep :( On topic, I tried to use my bank card to get into the library, could't figure out why the man was looking at me funny, tiredness sucks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

BY1102 needs to be killed with fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Lawliet wrote: »
    BY1102 needs to be killed with fire.

You youngin's have no essays -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I know one thing for my exam today. Even though it involves one of my favourite words ever ("panacea" <3), I'm pretty fooked.

• Advertisement

Craguls wrote: »
    At least the essays gave you a choice!

I don't mind essays, I like being able to show everything I know about certain topic. Short questions on the other hand have a nasty habit of exposing the sizeable gaps in my knowledge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

According to an email from a class rep, "many" of my class were "anxious" because we were being examined in reverse alphabetical order for Anatomy tomorrow. "Due to a number of complaints, and simply just being fair", the anatomy department was petitioned to change the order to A-Z. This morning they confirmed the change, and the curse of the name order "which has been a source of discontent to many" has been finally put to rest.

Why is my class so f*cking anal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

How is reverse alphabetical order any less fair than alphabetical? :confused: The mind boggles!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A Neurotic wrote: »
    According to an email from a class rep, "many" of my class were "anxious" because we were being examined in reverse alphabetical order for Anatomy tomorrow. "Due to a number of complaints, and simply just being fair", the anatomy department was petitioned to change the order to A-Z. This morning they confirmed the change, and the curse of the name order "which has been a source of discontent to many" has been finally put to rest.

You need to oust that class rep of yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Craguls wrote: »

There are no essays anymore in that course?? Times have changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

We had people campaigning to have the practical exam moved from being on it's own 2 weeks before anything else to slap bang in the middle of every other exam, as if they enjoy the relentlessness. Even more absurdly they agreed to the demands, and set a third sitting of it for anyone who wanted it. Bizarre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

At least the essays gave you a choice!

I don't mind essays, I like being able to show everything I know about certain topic. Short questions on the other hand have a nasty habit of exposing the sizeable gaps in my knowledge...

How did it go in the end? I thought it was a very weird paper, wasn't what I was expecting at all.

I'm dreading both Chemistry papers, delighted after they're over that I won't have to any more Chemistry labs or lectures and wishing Thursday would hurry up = /

How did it go in the end? I thought it was a very weird paper, wasn't what I was expecting at all.
    Yeah it was a bit strange alright, a few of the questions I had no idea how to go about answering; like the river question. Definitely wasn't my finest work, I don't think I passed tbh

What?!?!

Our class switched this year as its only fair! Feckin hell though, that was a looooooooooong wait in the lecture theatre.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah it was a bit strange alright, a few of the questions I had no idea how to go about answering; like the river question. Definitely wasn't my finest work, I don't think I passed tbh

Might see you at the repeats so, but hopefully it won't come to that! I sort of knew the river question but some of the others I had only glanced over in the notes, like the first question about the time line, I hadn't a breeze!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement