Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Exams: unpleasant.

I agree.

Really feel like I've failed most of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Balls! Thought I brought back all my books.

DAmn you Neuroanatomy. :cool: Now I must trek all the way into town. ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I'd absolutely love some question on quaternions and the proof of the first isomorphism theorem to be asked tomorrow for Group Theory.

Dear Trent Reznor, if you really do exist, please let it happen. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Well that exam sucked. Q2 was stupid. Q3, I had no idea what to do so I just wrote a lot of stuff. It's wasn't good how he just asked to prove that theorem as one question. Q4 was ok since it was the first isomorphism theorem. Q1 was alright but he didn't really show us how to do the multiplicative inverse and I only realised on the way home that the last part was Fermat's Little Theorem when I was trying to use Lagrange's Theorem.

Fringe wrote: »
    Well that exam sucked. Q2 was stupid. Q3, I had no idea what to do so I just wrote a lot of stuff. It's wasn't good how he just asked to prove that theorem as one question. Q4 was ok since it was the first isomorphism theorem. Q1 was alright but he didn't really show us how to do the multiplicative inverse and I only realised on the way home that the last part was Fermat's Little Theorem when I was trying to use Lagrange's Theorem.

I learned off the proof for 3 last night, but due to one hour sleep completely forgot how to do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FFS, when given 5 weeks notice about the Queen's visit and the disruption it apparently wasn't good enough and the SU went and did something about it. I get less than 2 days notice about a change in my exams and does the SU give a fcuk? Does it ****e. Obviously these changes aren't affecting them or their friends so they don't give a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

amacachi wrote: »
    FFS, when given 5 weeks notice about the Queen's visit and the disruption it apparently wasn't good enough and the SU went and did something about it. I get less than 2 days notice about a change in my exams and does the SU give a fcuk? Does it ****e. Obviously these changes aren't affecting them or their friends so they don't give a fcuk.
    Were they not just moved to different locations? If so, I don't know what you expect the SU to do... since all they did last time was ensure that exams were moved to different locations.

No, last time the exams were moved, the SU helped to get them moved again. Apparently 5 weeks notice wasn't enough for some people.

I don't expect the change to tomorrow's exam to be reversed, I do however expect the SU to express outrage at people only having 2 days notice. I've had to completely change my arrangements because instead of being in Regent House I'm in Goldsmith Hall. That's a whole extra street I have to walk down now and not a peep from the SU about the college's lack of organisation in this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

@Amacachi Considering it was only announced yesterday that the rally would be taking place in College Green theres not much more notice you could have gotten frankly.

And in the case of moving the exams for the queen i think youll find the dates were completly changed and the SU got them changed back, with different locations.

And i dont agree this has caused you much dificulty, be fair and get over it

timmywex wrote: »
    @Amacachi Considering it was only announced yesterday that the rally would be taking place in College Green theres not much more notice you could have gotten frankly.
    I don't care, it's a disgrace.
    And in the case of moving the exams for the queen i think youll find the dates were completly changed and the SU got them changed back, with different locations.
    I thought I said that.
    It's not about difficulty, it's about creating a fuss. The SU were only too happy to kick up a fuss despite 5 weeks notice, yet 2 days notice and there isn't a peep out of them.

• Advertisement

i think youll find the dates were completly changed and the SU got them changed back, with different locations.

Yeah, and I think you'll find this is the rant/bitch/moan thread, not the "lodge a complaint in the interest of justice" thread. Nobody's looking for validation, just a vent.

Actually, as far as I can see, the changed timetable doesn't come up on Chrome (might just be my laptop, but the right one comes up on firefox for me so it's likely to be the browser itself), which could cause a good bit of trouble for anyone who doesn't have friends moaning about it. Obviously anyone who does go to Regent house tomorrow will get told, but still, Chrome discrimination is a real problem in Ireland today.

Yeah, and I think you'll find this is the rant/bitch/moan thread, not the "lodge a complaint in the interest of justice" thread. Nobody's looking for validation, just a vent.

Actually, as far as I can see, the changed timetable doesn't come up on Chrome (might just be my laptop, but the right one comes up on firefox for me so it's likely to be the browser itself), which could cause a good bit of trouble for anyone who doesn't have friends moaning about it. Obviously anyone who does go to Regent house tomorrow will get told, but still, Chrome discrimination is a real problem in Ireland today.

Clear your cache and lodge a complaint with Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

In my case anyway the exam venue was not changed for the queen, it was the exact same. But that's another rant...

This is the rant/bitch/moan thread, be fair and leave if you don't like it. Everyone's alowed a vent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

amacachi wrote: »
    It's not about difficulty, it's about creating a fuss..
    "There is almost negligible negative impact to me but I want to create a fuss for the sake of creating a fuss, thus giving college authorities reason to ignore any future, perhaps valid fusses I may create."

NICE LOGIC MR LOGIC MAN

People who don't get things really annoy me.

If you're a cheater you're a cheater, fair enough really if that's how you go about things, but write some notes on your legs or something. DO NOT blatantly copy me in the exam. You're in your second year of college, you should be over that kind of stuff by now.

I honestly thought that people didn't do that anymore.

If you're a cheater you're a cheater, fair enough really if that's how you go about things, but write some notes on your legs or something. DO NOT blatantly copy me in the exam. You're in your second year of college, you should be over that kind of stuff by now.

I honestly thought that people didn't do that anymore.

Don't think people ever stop that kind of crap. The fact most of the invigilators or whatever they're called seem busy sitting at the front correcting stuff at this point probably doesn't help too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

What do people think of that knitting society?

I'll explain what I think later having come across them recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

flyswatter wrote: »
    What do people think of that knitting society?

I'll explain what I think later having come across them recently!

I believe its a cover name for the Free Drink Society.

I believe its a cover name for the Free Drink Society.

Or the pretending to have an upper class British accent society!

Wasn't impressed with them at a recent event I attended with them involved.

Didn't like the way they got sponsorship for their society when there were far more well meaning and important societies who received no help from their college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you trying to imply that knitting isn't important?!

Lawliet wrote: »
    Are you trying to imply that knitting isn't important?!

Ha, not really. I'm all for as many diverse societies as possible to be honest but for example I remember the NUIM mental health society got no funding as far as I can remember, yet it is 1000 times more important than that society as it deals with life or death situations and not eh, knitting.

Ha, not really. I'm all for as many diverse societies as possible to be honest but for example I remember the NUIM mental health society got no funding as far as I can remember, yet it is 1000 times more important than that society as it deals with life or death situations and not eh, knitting.

Someone disagrees with you.. https://www.tcd.ie/Communications/news/news.php?headerID=1720&vs_date=2011-03-11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You know the CSC has no control over the funding of NUIM societies, or is there national source of college society funding that I'm unaware of?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thesis ideas are a little thin at the moment.

Stupid Jordan Normal Form...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

ugh. 2085 euro to go to college, and first semesters rent to pay in the next 2 weeks...
    And to top it off, you can only install one microsoft product at a time on windows (Stupid visual studio coming in like 8 different parts....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Starting lectures tomorrow. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate everyone else here. Everyone. With your stupid remaining month of freedom. Hmph.

Starting placement tomorrow. Nooooooo nooooooooooo noooooooo!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

bythewoods wrote: »
    Starting lectures tomorrow. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate everyone else here. Everyone. With your stupid remaining month of freedom. Hmph.

Pff, I'm envious, I can't wait for college to start back :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement