Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

I am a little disillusioned with the student records office right now. I called in several times last week to check if my grant cheque was in. I was told everytime by the same person (who actually didn't even check, yet assured me that she was absolutely certain) that none of the grants from louth were in yet.

I decided to go and check today (having checked last on Monday 10th) and asked a different lady. She checked and to my astonishment presented me with the cheque! While filling out the sheet for the louth grants, I noticed other people had signed for theirs from as early as the 2nd October!

Not so much angry as disappointed with the fact that the first woman wouldn't even bring herself to check the folder which was right beside her... Oh so many wasted journeys from the Hamilton!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The library has to have gotten at least a tenner from me by this stage for this. I'd say 8/10 times I try to renew books online, I get the error message 'Your record is in use by system, please try again later.' When I've mentioned it to the librarians, all I've gotten in reply was 'Well, you really need to give yourself a few days to get it in'.:mad:

Jammyc wrote: »
    The library has to have gotten at least a tenner from me by this stage for this. I'd say 8/10 times I try to renew books online, I get the error message 'Your record is in use by system, please try again later.' When I've mentioned it to the librarians, all I've gotten in reply was 'Well, you really need to give yourself a few days to get it in'.:mad:
    I hate that error. What does it even mean anyway?

I hate that error. What does it even mean anyway?

I think it means we don't have everyone's wages for this weekend - yoink.

Seriously though, I haven't a clue. Maybe Unshelved might know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Jammyc wrote: »
    I think it means we don't have everyone's wages for this weekend - yoink.

Seriously though, I haven't a clue. Maybe Unshelved might know?

Whilst waiting for the mighty Unshelved, I've seen that message before if one of the counter staff has just taken a book in/out for you. It happened when I got something out of Counter Reserve and immediately went to renew a book on the online system. I had to wait a minute or two before it allowed me to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Probably means you can't do anything to your account while it's open on their screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

That message appears every evening for me for a while around 10.30-11.00. Give it half an hour and you should be able to renew books before the deadline at midnight.

That makes sense, but this has been at random times. Like yesterday at 10pm. Or other days at around 2am. Unless some librarian is hugely interested in what I'm reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

In the last 2 weeks, 17 of our lectures have been cancelled.

17!

WTF is that? 17!!

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »

17!

WTF is that? 17!!
    o.O how many lectures do you have a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

o.O how many lectures do you have a week?

I'm in the same course as bythewoods, we're 9-5 monday to friday at the moment

Wows, this is medicine right? Suppose that's expected :P

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Wows, this is medicine right? Suppose that's expected :P

Yup, 3rd year, crazy amount of lectures waiting to be rescheduled now though......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bythewoods wrote: »

17!

WTF is that? 17!!

Taking the self directed learning a bit too seriously there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Rawr rawr rawr stupid printing system is down raaaawr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Rawr rawr rawr stupid printing system is down raaaawr.
    On a related note it seems like every other printer is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

Is it just me, or emails from myzone are disappearing? Its the second time I cant find an email I want. Got my tutorials timetable yesterday and wanted to print it out today, but ITS NOT THERE!! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

somebody put my geography book on hold... damn you I now have to lug it in tomorrow in the rain :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Completely forgot about Frozen Planet, damn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The printers hate me. They seem to be working fine for other people, but when I try to use them they claim I have no jobs to print. I have plenty of things to print, you just wont acknowledge them!

Mbleh!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Black Oil wrote: »
    Completely forgot about Frozen Planet, damn...

Same as.

In a fouler which I can't kick. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Lawliet wrote: »
    The printers hate me. They seem to be working fine for other people, but when I try to use them they claim I have no jobs to print. I have plenty of things to print, you just wont acknowledge them!

This is happening to me to!!! Dunno what's going on but it's driving me mad:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Lawliet wrote: »

Same! And they overcharge me when they do print, or they only print on one side even though I set it to print double sided and use a double sided printer. That's when I can even find one that works.

Stupid college computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

That's strange. I've had random money appear in my account that I don't remember topping up. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Same! And they overcharge me when they do print, or they only print on one side even though I set it to print double sided and use a double sided printer. That's when I can even find one that works.

Stupid college computers.
    Same here with the duplex printing problem. €8 wasted! It starts and then gives up when it can't find a font. WTF?!

A lot of pdfs will not print for me. I'll click print and before I've even gotten off the chair, it'll say that the document was sent to the printer (i.e already printed) so there are no jobs available to me at the printer.

It only seems to happen with pdfs downloaded on the college computers though. If I download the same pdf at home and stick it on a usb, it'll print no bother in college.

I did email ISServices about this and they said to contact the printer guy. Think I'll do that now, but I'd almost think this is more the fault of the computer and not the printer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Stupid mailing list emails coming through at four O clock in the morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Library site is so annoying. It won't recognise my username/password so I can't renew the book I took out :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement