Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

what does it matter about how often either happens? it's the difference between humane and inhumane (cruel) killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

what does it matter about how often either happens? it's the difference between humane and inhumane (cruel) killing.

Well when I said "a lot more" I meant in terms of frequency, not degrees of cruelty. I agree that burning a cat in a bonfire is incomparable to killing a turkey for food, but how many cats are burned and how many turkeys are killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

This being the rant/bitch/moan thread:

I hate the fact that my family is going on holiday on Saturday, leaving me with a free house for a week.

Hang on...

party is now on in haunters house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

S'only 4 and half hours from Dublin...bring beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

mosquitos/ midges, they'r everywhere and the female ones suck your blood...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

snorlax wrote:
    mosquitos/ midges, they'r everywhere and the female ones suck your blood...

Yes! I have a couple of bites, the first ones this summer. Damn flying things that bite me. :mad:

there's a vampire bat behind you.

iv got a little pet spider in my bedroom to keep them midges at bay (it's already eatten one of them!).

hmm must think up a name for it...is Itsy too cliche?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

snorlax wrote:
    iv got a little pet spider in my bedroom to keep them midges at bay (it's already eatten one of them!).

hmm must think up a name for it...is Itsy too cliche?

You've a pet spider? Spiders are scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

cuckoo wrote:
    Yes! I have a couple of bites, the first ones this summer. Damn flying things that bite me. :mad:
    For some reason, mosquitoes never bother me when I'm abroad, they go for everyone else. But when I'm at home, you'd swear I was haute ****ing cuisine, the way the midges go for me..argh, I hate the little bastards.

not the spiders with the long legs, a bit like daddy long legs, not scarey at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

(chicks back!).
    :)

Eugh -spiders!! Snorlax I dunno how you do that, I lose the head everytime I find a spider anywhere marginally near my bedroom! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:
    Eugh -spiders!! Snorlax I dunno how you do that, I lose the head everytime I find a spider anywhere marginally near my bedroom! :eek:

I feel the same but replace the word "spider" above with "Kevin".

normally i am afraid of them, but this one's a pet spider and will become tame soon enough with the right training! :D

it's the black ones with the big bodies that are scary!

spider.jpg

I've seen bigger

where? not in ireland?!

In a jar in the zoology department

great iv just checked my bedroom and the spiders vanished off somewhere since last night, i hope it's not under my bed or something :( !...

is any one here's a spider dealer could they give me any tips for finding it?

speaking of which here's an exotic looking one i found in my garage last year, any one know what type of spider it is?

from the picture i'd guess it's either a Atypus affinis (purse web spider) or a Dysdera crocate. interesting find if it's the former.

• Advertisement

Oh God this thread is freakin' me out+making me all shuddery, they're so horrible!!!

How could anyone possibly like those things!!!!

its actually a log bigger then it looks aswell, its not a scutty spider, about as big as one of those garden spiders. i reckon its female and could be about to lay eggs cos its abdomen is just too big to be normal..;)!

that's actually quite typical. these fat ass spiders i don't think it's a female/eggs related thing. it could be thou.

i hope i dont i have some kind of rare super breed spiders breeding in my garage, i just remember that film arachnophobia....ugh spiders coming out of the shower...:(

i don;t see that many of those super spiders around the place, are they really that typical? what type of spider are those big black ones that you see rarely but scare the living daylights out of most girls?

I've seen a few of those spiders, nothing wierd or dangerous about them.

Yeah they just scare the bejesus outta people...!!

some people

Chick do you remember Indiana Jones and the last Crusade and he had to walk through all those cobwebs?! or in the temple of doom, a room fall of bugs, centipedes and the like... now that was scary:(! ugh god i think i wil get rid of that pet spider if i can ever find it....

Another scary fact (told to me by Kev_rc at the pav); we eat 7 spiders a year...:(!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Spiders are cool - you get tarantulas in southern USA - they hide out in burrows underground and ambush passing prey including your feet.......

.... then they crawl up your trouser leg.......

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    Another scary fact (told to me by Kev_rc at the pav); we eat 7 spiders a year...:(!

I'd still like to see the proof for this.

Hang on..................................

Just checked PubMed and there's no article listed there. The closest I could get was this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement