Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I don't know why I read the University Times debate about Youth Defense. So. Much. Hate.

And could they seriously not have found more than one female writer for this?
    I mean not that I don't lie awake at night wondering what men think about women's issues, but it would have been nice to have more opinions from people actually effected by this whole thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Big work thing on Thursday, eep. :/

Love this new printing system. Specially love how its not installed on the computers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Does anyone else ever have a similar issue while printing pdfs?

When you actually print a job in the printer, it comes up on screen that "The Document was sent to the printer..blah blah". With a lot of pdfs, I find that about 2 seconds after I click print this comes up and the document is never there when I get to the printer.
    I've emailed ISServices who said to email the printing company..who said to email ISServices...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Jammyc wrote: »
    Does anyone else ever have a similar issue while printing pdfs?

When you actually print a job in the printer, it comes up on screen that "The Document was sent to the printer..blah blah". With a lot of pdfs, I find that about 2 seconds after I click print this comes up and the document is never there when I get to the printer.
    I've emailed ISServices who said to email the printing company..who said to email ISServices...
    Yes!

After finally finding a computer that listed the two new printing queues (black&white and colour), was able to print most things ... except PDFs. I noticed, in Adobe Reader at least, that it still only listed the two old printers (2sidedblack and colour whatever) so couldn't print anything from there. Seeing as Chrome can open (most) PDFs, tried that but it didn't list the new printers and kept locking up when I manually entered them. Finally installed FoxitReader and could print a bloody PDF.

What a mess!

Also, what's with the crappy website? No HTTPS and trying to change a PIN does nothing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

If you've got a minute, you could try talking to the Datapac reps in the Berkeley Library at the Iveagh Hall, near the Duty Librarian's desk. They're there all the time this week.

Again, this new printing system.

It charges you just for previewing a scan job on the on-screen display. Dafuq?! Also, 3 cent is a bit much for scanning a sheet. It was 1c in the last university I attended.

Again, this new printing system.

It charges you just for previewing a scan job on the on-screen display. Dafuq?! Also, 3 cent is a bit much for scanning a sheet. It was 1c in the last university I attended.

Having serious problems swiping in with my new student card. It hasn't worked once for me, and today there was a few of us standing around a door taking it in turns to try and swipe in, so it seems its not just my card. The college can't seem to do anything right this year.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Having serious problems swiping in with my new student card. It hasn't worked once for me, and today there was a few of us standing around a door taking it in turns to try and swipe in, so it seems its not just my card. The college can't seem to do anything right this year.
    That used to happen in our building quite a bit. Getting locked out in the pissing rain with no one inside (even security) wasn't fun. We were told it was due to the memory in the card reader at the door being full but that a much newer solution was being investigated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Does it always take this long for repeats and that to be able to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Does it always take this long for repeats and that to be able to register?

No, new improved system this year therefore this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056771435

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I don't know about the 24hr library but the swipe in system doesn't work AT ALL in the Berkeley entrance. It only worked for me once during Freshers Week and never since. At first I was afraid I damaged my card but it turns out other people cannot swipe in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Why would you bother swiping into the Berkeley? Just flash your card at the library guard as you go through the left-hand lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I don't know about the 24hr library but the swipe in system doesn't work AT ALL in the Berkeley entrance. It only worked for me once during Freshers Week and never since. At first I was afraid I damaged my card but it turns out other people cannot swipe in either.

I'm a fourth year and I don't remember that one EVER working properly. It's always been really tempermental and only lets you in about 3 times out of 10 :P Just show your card to the security guard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Been a month since I joined the hiking club. Still haven't received a single message from them about the supposed weekly hill walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tyty

Just send them a message with your email address, they probably got it wrong. I'm getting the mails, but haven't joined for a walk so far…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Brian wrote: »
    Been a month since I joined the hiking club. Still haven't received a single message from them about the supposed weekly hill walks.

The emails have definitely been going out, you should be ok if you fill out this form. If that doesn't work, get in touch with them over facebook or email

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

God damn swipe not working in the Hamilton. For the past three weeks say security. Good to know they're getting it sorted. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Had my name down for the final year project I wanted for 2 weeks. Someone else put their name down for the same one at the last second and got it over me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Selecting in absentia invites 'zomg, why won't you be at graduation?!' emails...

I loved the low tech solution for the swipe not working in the East End; they had a stick jamming the door. Brilliant until some prat moved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I loved the low tech solution for the swipe not working in the East End; they had a stick jamming the door. Brilliant until some prat moved it.

Next week, we're upgrading to a brick-based system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah it's effective, have seen both an umbrella and a magazine used to keep the 24 hour study room slightly ajar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Next week, we're upgrading to a brick-based system.
    They're using a chair to keep the door to the Pharmacy labs open.

At this stage, it would make more sense to upgrade to NFC tag readers like the ones used in the BMSI.

At this stage, it would make more sense to upgrade to NFC tag readers like the ones used in the BMSI.
    I wonder if that was the original plan, but they only got as far as changing the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I saw two people successfully swipe into the Arts Block (door down the back, beside the D staircase - near the library) the other day :eek: magic cards??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I saw two people successfully swipe into the Arts Block (door down the back, beside the D staircase - near the library) the other day :eek: magic cards??

You can swipe in no problem, but you can't swipe out when going outside for some reason. GHEY.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

subz3r0 wrote: »

You can swipe in no problem, but you can't swipe out when going outside for some reason. GHEY.

When you swipe pull the door towards you and then push out that's how it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

That door is working both ways surprisingly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement