Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i think i would actually die if i saw one of these, a wolf spider from the states

wolf.Dscn2422_t.jpg

you were'nt bbq'ing tartantulas were you in Texas, ugh imagine a tartantula running up your leg... :eek: !

not to go completely off topic but imagine how complicated having sex would become with 8 legs. and with 8 eyes you might see more then you want to! :eek:

also i wouldnt fancy eatting my emm.. spider-mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

what type of spider are those big black ones that you see rarely but scare the living daylights out of most girls?

Dunno, but there are loads of them in my house. I think they just come in and live here for years, getting bigger and bigger..Now TICKS, they're some scary disgusting ****, and they can make you really ill too. *shudders*
    Another scary fact (told to me by Kev_rc at the pav); we eat 7 spiders a year...!

I don't think so..I'd imagine they'd smell the CO2 and avoid crawling onto us while we're asleep. And snopes.com says it's only a myth..
    also i wouldnt fancy eatting my emm.. spider-mate

That's good to know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Indy -Tarantulas!?

I've goosebumps just thinking about them... that'd actually put me off going to certain places... I know sometimes it's unavoidable but still... I'd try my damn best :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

just to clear something up, i wondered how many spiders one might eat in their life time. then that dude with the grey hair out of the maths department, who didn't hear what i said, shouted "did you know the average human being eats an average of 7 spiders a year." While you're asleep they accidently go into your mouth.

ok there's no evidence but i think it could be truish.

if they were the little ones it probably is possible, sureyou wouldn't really notice them if you wer'e asleep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I've eaten worse in my sleep I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I've eaten worse in my sleep I reckon..

And if the Iron Stomach competition is anything to go by you've eaten worse whilst awake too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I want to rant about people who talk about evil spiders all time.......... i hate them so much, not scared of them but they're evil so shut up and moan about more important things in life...... geeesshhhh

Rant - the amount of spanish students in trinity atm!

Just standing there in absolutely huge groups, in everyone's way and not willing to move!! What is the matter with you people! You're not at home now so lose the attidude Juan!

Chick wrote:
    Rant - the amount of spanish students in trinity atm!

Ya think? Ms. Cuckoo gave a few of them a stern talking to when they were sitting on that special green patch of the cricket pitch before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I think they're great! A strange mix of awe and nonchalance. They're just there taking up space, they don't try bother ya at all. Respectful non-eye-contact european attitude.

Oh and they help pay for my research/education in the future :D

Fair play Cuckoo! :)

I just think that they're cocky or something? I dunno what it is but there's something about them... and they're so motherfcuking loud!!! Chattering away totally unaware of the fact of how incredibly deafiningly(is that a word?) LOUD they are!!

They just really, really piss me off -sorry!

And with their stupid matching school bags and everything... grrr!!!

GET. OUT. OF. MY. WAY! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Post take sucks. **** long hours and sick people never go away, you just get more of them. Frustrating that I cannot spend enough time with them all to strike up a proper doctor-patient relationship and actually work more than tablet magic on them.....

me and apex had this discussion before. my point was, spanish students don't travel in groups of <25, don't make any attempts to speak english, pilfer shops and get in the way.

the way i see it, the kids are sons and daughters of spanish bankers and lawyers etc. and are probably spoilt brats. that's why they behave like spoilt brats. sorry juan and Maria for mass-sterotyping you.

there's a new sex and sexuality forum but most people can't access it, only registered users/ mods, would be curious to know what's posted in it..anyone here willing to venture in give us an update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Rant: I discovered when I checked my results online that I had been marked 'abs' for an exam I definately attended. So anyway, I emailed English department about 3 weeks ago about it and after 2 or 3 emails telling me that the matter had been passed on to X or Y, today I finally got an email back telling me that they can't find my paper and that I have to appeal through my tutor (who's away at the moment). Which is really ****. Not once during the whole thing has anyone apologised or anything despite it clearly being the fault of the college.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Haunter the same thing happened to someone in my class and afaik they had to repeat in the supplementals. They'd come into the exam late I think, which may somehow have had something to do with it. Don't know if the same thing happened to you? Hope they find yours anyway, it's ridiculous (but somehow not surprising) that it happened in the first place
    snorlax wrote:
    there's a new sex and sexuality forum but most people can't access it, only registered users/ mods, would be curious to know what's posted in it..anyone here willing to venture in give us an update?

Yeah I'm so curious! Figure it'll just be the best bits of the Personal Issues forum, plus the usual crowd of 'is this normal' and 'don't know what I'm doing' posters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Haunter wrote:
    Rant: I discovered when I checked my results online that I had been marked 'abs' for an exam I definately attended. So anyway, I emailed English department about 3 weeks ago about it and after 2 or 3 emails telling me that the matter had been passed on to X or Y, today I finally got an email back telling me that they can't find my paper and that I have to appeal through my tutor (who's away at the moment). Which is really ****. Not once during the whole thing has anyone apologised or anything despite it clearly being the fault of the college.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

try edu-myth to see if he can do anything?

education@tcdsu.org

i've found past SU education officers to be helpful with stuff when my tutor has been away. it's very rant worthy that they're leaving you hanging not having a clue what the story is, like if you should be studying for supps, and if you do have to do supps 'cos they lost your paper will it be on your transcript as a supps....

also, the Senior Tutor (can't remember their name at the mo) will do tutor-y stuff for ppl if their tutor is away and hasn't arranged for another tutor to cover for them.

g'luck.

Haunter I hope everything works out for you.... that's seriously dodgy.

So infuriating!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

cuckoo wrote:
    the Senior Tutor (can't remember their name at the mo)

Claire Laudet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Thanks for advice folks. I got a call from one of the heads of English after I posted and he said that I would be getting credit from the paper and that they would continue searching, and that they were very sorry. Luckily I did enough to pass anyway based on my other English and History marks so I think that makes everything less complicated. However, to get credited for it, everything has to be done by the book, which means I have to appeal first, then the department is given permission to add on marks. Should get sorted out now anyway.
    Thanks for sympathy!

my rant for the day; one of my male friends is in love with one of my best friends (she dosn't fancy him at all though), im stuck playing piggy in the middle and he keeps asking me how she feels about him and stuff and i certainly don't want to be the bringer of bad news to him as he's a super sensitive guy. also he's also afraid to ask her out directly so is constantly trying to get us to go out on threesome drink-athons a few times a week..

normally id say honesty is the best policy but he mightn't take it too well coming from me . ..:(, help anyone?

snorlax you are the Queen of OTness.

I think you should tell your male friend as quickly as possible what the story is exactly. I'd call you cowardly and a bad friend if you didn't.

its not cowardly not to want to hurt a friend, i know that this happened before with another girl he liked and he wouldn't speak to her or any of her friends for over 2 months, even though she was really nice about it. ill tell him when the time's right

well i disagree and that's all i will say on the matter.

well if you knew the guy you'd think differently. anyhow i certainly don't want to text it to him, and it probably would be a good idea to get him sober and not surrounded by friends when i said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ring him and tell him over the phone then, better he knows, probally will think less of you for not telling him for so long otherwise....

It's raining. Got soaked from my place in front square to the office this morning. Bah.

iv only known it for about a week now(for definite), yeh i best ring him tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Myth wrote:
    It's raining. Got soaked from my place in front square to the office this morning. Bah.
    HAHAHA LOL!!!

Did you melt?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement