Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Every time I try to log into My TCD it goes to the Change Password page instead. I do not want to change my password, it's awkward enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Namlub wrote: »
    Every time I try to log into My TCD it goes to the Change Password page instead. I do not want to change my password, it's awkward enough as it is.
    Maybe it wants you to change it to something less awkward

Lawliet wrote: »
    Maybe it wants you to change it to something less awkward

I had to make it that awkward so they'd accept it though :o And I can still sign into MyZone and blackboard, annoying.

Anyone know if there's still a way to find out another students tcd email? Tried the old and new portal but the option doesn't seem to exist any more

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Anyone know if there's still a way to find out another students tcd email? Tried the old and new portal but the option doesn't seem to exist any more

The documentation says that it should have been removed from the old portal once the functionality was in place for the new one - seemingly the old ones gone before the new ones started. I searched for a while and couldn't find anyway of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you're queing in the doctor's surgery Fúck off back to the screen and give me some fuking privacy when I'm at reception!!!! (There's a sign there too stating as much).

Also, the waiting room is empty, pick ANOTHER seat to sit on. Not the one RIGHT beside me. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Only went there two or three times, but I know the sign you mean. There is a screen/partition thing (as you say) and then the hatch where you talk to the admin staff. Common sense dictates giving the person in front of you some space...

--

Motivation is lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

The library is fairly sound in telling me that a book I've got is on hold. Surely it wouldn't be so hard to just send an email saying that the book is on hold as opposed to trying to renew it then realising you cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Thermal Physics I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Thermal Physics I presume?

In all fairness, what else could it be? An absolute divil of a book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I try to credit my printing account with coins, the machine decides to only accept notes.

I try to credit it with a €10 note, guess what, it's only accepting coins. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I try to credit my printing account with coins, the machine decides to only accept notes.

I try to credit it with a €10 note, guess what, it's only accepting coins. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Bradford Dissolvable Agent is a pain in the neck when you've got Norton AntiVirus. I KNOW you think it's a security risk, Norton, but it's not, please stop analysing it and let me run it!

Also, the only free Arts computer has a keyboard covered in (what I hope is) dried yoghurt. ew.

The lecturer for one of my modules puts up her lecture slides at the start of the week but deliberately puts in blanks, leaves out statistics etc which is all well and good as a way of making people actually come to the lecture, but it also makes it impossible for me to study for the test we're having tomorrow because half the notes are completely unintelligible...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Bradford Dissolvable Agent is a pain in the neck when you've got Norton AntiVirus. I KNOW you think it's a security risk, Norton, but it's not, please stop analysing it and let me run it!

Did you manage to get it working? Been trying for the past week and it won't work. Any time I click it, nothing happens. Pain in the hole since it worked last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Namlub wrote: »
    The lecturer for one of my modules puts up her lecture slides at the start of the week but deliberately puts in blanks, leaves out statistics etc which is all well and good as a way of making people actually come to the lecture, but it also makes it impossible for me to study for the test we're having tomorrow because half the notes are completely unintelligible...
    I have a lecturer like that aswell (probably the same woman). It drives me nuts. Especially seen as you can't listen to her explain the slide properly as you're trying to take down all the info that she has left out.

nommm wrote: »
    I have a lecturer like that aswell (probably the same woman). It drives me nuts. Especially seen as you can't listen to her explain the slide properly as you're trying to take down all the info that she has left out.

French-related? Definitely sounds familiar :pac:

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Did you manage to get it working? Been trying for the past week and it won't work. Any time I click it, nothing happens. Pain in the hole since it worked last year :(

I did in the end. Took a few turns closing and re-opening stuff, but got there eventually. I downloaded (saved) the Agent and then opened it from the Downloads folder, because just clicking on "Run" was doing nothing. Also, if you get the text-box saying "Bradford Dissolvable Agent is not safe blahblahblah .... Cancel.... Actions....What's the risk?", click on Actions and it'll give you the chance to run it anyway. Also, try disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, that worked for me (eventually).

You can always go up to Aras an Phiarsaigh and make IS Services do it for you though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

It's the logical thing to do but I just couldn't be arsed trecking all the way to the main campus for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It'd be great if they got around to fixing the swipe access for the Hamilton,, couldn't get in at all today :mad:

• Advertisement

It'd be great if they got around to fixing the swipe access for the Hamilton,, couldn't get in at all today :mad:
    It's getting ridiculous at this stage. I also don't understand why the staff cards and the orange cards all work fine, but the blue student cards don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Interferon Gamma

It's getting ridiculous at this stage. I also don't understand why the staff cards and the orange cards all work fine, but the blue student cards don't.

My blue card has worked a few times. Often with a lot of persistance though, I reckon that the access is sorta broken anyway and I was just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Yes it's absolutely ridiculous. I have to get everything from my locker I might need on saturday, because I can't run the risk of not getting in on sunday. And today the 24 hour was completely full (which is also very, very annoying.) when I got in, so if I wasn't lucky enough that somebody who could swipe into the hamilton was going in ahead of me, I probably would've had to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Apparently the whole swipe system is completely fecked and they're replacing the entire thing. They had been waiting on funding for ages, but got the funding secured a couple of weeks ago.

I also haven't been able to swipe into the Hamilton at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mark200 wrote: »
    Apparently the whole swipe system is completely fecked and they're replacing the entire thing. They had been waiting on funding for ages, but got the funding secured a couple of weeks ago.

I also haven't been able to swipe into the Hamilton at all this year.

Same, I keep waiting on people to leave so I can get in but no sign of anyone yesterday : (

Oh good, hoping they have the new system in soon so, it's getting annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Where's the cheapest place to get a TCD scarf? Going to a gathering in UCC and want to represent the college properly wot wot.

Trying to get statistics for my dissertation, and have to use the slowest website imaginable in combination with CLCS's slow computers :mad:. Every figure = new input, new wait.

Slowly. Losing. Will. To. Live. :pac:

Cross faulty group projects are the worst idea ever. Especially when none of the people in your group seem to check their emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

There are simply no words for how badly studying for schols is going right now >.<

• Advertisement

Kind of ironic that I'm allergic to gloves that are the solution to latex allergies, but fine with latex itself.
    Scratch that last part, had a reaction to latex gloves today. Wonderful. Actually not sure what I'm going to do for labs now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement