Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I used to like when security did their sweeps of the computer rooms whenever i was in the queue, there'd always be someone kicked off a computer so i'd get one then. :D

Actually, rant mode on/

i'm sick of non-tcd people asking me for my trinity log in so they can do something 'really important 'cos they're in town and away from their own computer'. yeah, if it's that bloody important forgoe a pint tonight and go to an internet cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow. That's really cheeky, if someone asked me that I'd tell them where to go.

Is it a rant or is it a yay? I dunno...: Some friends I haven't seen in ages are around, so I'm inviting them all around to my place and cooking dinner for us all. Fun, but a little stressful too..I hate picky eaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

Pet wrote:
    (even though I frequently feel sexual urges towards my neighbours' dogs..).

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Pet wrote:
    Wow. That's really cheeky, if someone asked me that I'd tell them where to go.
    proper order.

Haunter wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Small, yappy, irritating little ****es, no redeeming features whatsoever. I like dogs, just not these ones. They need to die.

• Advertisement

Rant: ****ing bus eireann..the bus was supposed to arrive at 1440..and it didn't show until 1530. You can never rely on those ****ers, they either leave 10 mins early or don't show at all. ARGH. Not to mention when I tried hitching a lift to Finglas, nobody stopped. Then again I was singing along to music rather energetically....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Chick wrote:
    At that hour of the morning? I don't think they'd appreciate that... plus I'd have to get out of bed and get dressed -hassle!

do it naked......

that would get the point across...

Or, they might just have an incentive to keep going..

Edit: Yay, 1000th post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I miss Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do you realise this thread has over 1,000 posts?

That's insane!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would like to rant about how Trinners have a thread over 1,000 posts and UCD don't!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

have blisters on right foot(new shoes) which is half a shoe size bigger then the other, will have to wear runners in work tomorrow!

best friends 21'st next tuesday and it's a themed fantasy dress party. guess what the theme is, gods/ goddesses and superheroes, what on earth am i going to go as?! iv only 5days to think of something...! i could go as catwoman but where would i get a whip from, and i don't fancy wearing leather...:(!

Zane Lowe (the person, not the user) is pretty damn ****ing annoying. He's such an arse-licking sycophant. Watching him suck up to trendy bands is highly uncomfortable and cringe-inducing.

Bitch: In M&S today, lady at checkout gave me wrong change (thought I gave her 50c instead of €1). So I told her, thinking she could just open the till or whatever..but she had to go and call the manager and cause a big hullabaloo, and there was a massive queue behind me. Needless to say I got out of there pretty fast. :oops:

snorlax wrote:
    best friends 21'st next tuesday and it's a themed fantasy dress party. guess what the theme is, gods/ goddesses and superheroes, what on earth am i going to go as?!

Damn you're so lucky! I'd love to go to something like that! You could go in a toga and wear a crown and call yourself Hera! :D
    snorlax wrote:
    iv only 5days to think of something...! i could go as catwoman but where would i get a whip from, and i don't fancy wearing leather...:(!

Must...resist urge...to...use a...lewd sexual innueno...

who's Hera?!

Greek/Roman goddess (I can never remember which).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

Greek mother of the gods & sister-wife of Zeus, god of childbirth among other things. Enemy of various heroes eg Heracles. Roman equivalent = Juno.

Rant: There should be more toga parties on campus (we had one last year and it was FANTASTIC).

great half the place is probably going as hercules, hmmm let me think..maybe Zena, nah hair's too short..hmm cant wait to see all the bare chested fellas...togas look really good on fellas ;)!

goddess of childbirth, hmm well giving birth ain't a piece of cake ...i was going to go as godess of the sun (eygptian) but her name is called "Nut" so don't think id get away with that one...

you could go as artemis....goddess of hunting (& the moon), or aphrodite. or a valkyrie!!!

something like this?
    togas.jpg

or this!?
    Togas.jpg

Aphrodite is already taken, what a valkyrie?

• Advertisement

this:

valkyrie.JPG

tis abit crap but here's a design i put togther in ms paint

snorlax wrote:
    tis abit crap but here's a design i put togther in ms paint

Dressing up as a member of the Orange Order won't do you any favours. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I also miss Kev - goddess knows what sort of costumes he'd be suggesting for snorlax...

im going as an eygptian goddess, spent all evening watching my friend sow together my outfit (he's a genius on a sewing machine!), Isis, the magical goddess!:)

Isis? Great band!

here's a picture. she also brought her husband back from the dead, kinda cool!

isis-maat.jpg

Looks really different from the Isis I saw at the Temple Bar Music Centre.

Ian Paisley - my moan of the day, i saw him on some program about civil liberties in the north/ RTE2, that guy's being going since '68 and still sounds exactly the same grouchy old man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i met the man 2 years ago, very polite and has a presence about him, as a northen cathlioc I shold be his enemy, but not really, i dont agree with some of his policys, but he was very welcoming to us ( we went up the north on a school trip). was very welcoming to us to hear "The other side" and even ordered pizza for the 16 of us that went to vist him, he showed his other side, sitting talking about rugby with us, while eattiind pizza.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement