Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ah flame throwers: The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Call_me_al wrote:
    ah flame throwers: The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

and that man deserves a medal!!!

check this out!

pyromania rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thats incredible, i wanna build one..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

fade wrote:
    (my home county, wooohoooo, im from nnnaaaassssssss and ill break your ffaaaaaace!)
    yay a fellow naas person, go naas lol :D

Dunno if this is true, but i was told that once you've been bitten by a mosquito they leave something in your blood thats like a tracer(not sure of what they were really saying, i dont know biology stuff!!). So, when others come along, they can detect you're a 'good meal' and hence they're more likely to bite you (compared to someone who hasnt been). So if you're the first person to be bitten on holiday before the rest of your group youre pretty f**cked. Probably a load of rubbish because it was a bit of a drunken/stoned conversation, but I thought it was funny anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Folks the "mosquitos" in ireland are in fact midges. REAL mosquitos are the size of flies and they really bite. You get rakes of them in scandinavia and also in texas, solution, don't go out on a still day, a nice bit of wind blows them to hell.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

my moan- i can't find my memory stick anywhere and it's got loads of my college work on it:(.

i didnt get any bites this evening thank god:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

DrIndy wrote:
    Folks the "mosquitos" in ireland are in fact midges. REAL mosquitos are the size of flies and they really bite. You get rakes of them in scandinavia and also in texas, solution, don't go out on a still day, a nice bit of wind blows them to hell.....

Indy, I know the difference between a midge and mosquito. The creatures I was harrassed by in Kildare were mosquitos like this:

mosquito.jpg

These are midges which are much smaller and also present on the site but far less annoying:

midge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually the bites i've suffered lately are teh closest thing to Mozzie bites i've gotten since moving back here - also there is a large growth in the mosquito population in Ireland over the last couple of years.

DrIndy wrote:

why thank you DrIndy, for a while there i thought i actually knew something about what i was talking about, silly me! ill know better next time. :mad:
    Mosquitoe are not the size of your average fly at all, they are much smaller and frailer. plus you cant mistake a mosquitos whine as it flies, its very distinct.

anyway, once again, i had to get out of bed twice last night to kill the ****ers! gggrrrrrrrrrrr

Sleeping Beuty, haydens, graces or fletchers. now think before you answer because the fate of the world depends on it..

i heard that the mean temperature in Dublin has risen by a degree over the past 30 years(might be due to increased population and more buildings), that might be helping the midges/ mosquitos.
    anyone ever squish a mosquito and see all the blood?

• Advertisement

yep. while it was suckin on me arm, it burst like an over ripe spot, eeeeuuuuuuuwwwwww

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

****ing printers arent workin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow. I was completely unaware that there were mosquitoes in Ireland..I know they're in the north of France and in some parts of England, but this is news to me. Has anyone tested them for diseases etc? I think I know the answer to this, but has the government done anything to stop their breeding?

Biting insects are horrible. A pox upon them!

Pet wrote:
    Wow. I was completely unaware that there were mosquitoes in Ireland..I know they're in the north of France and in some parts of England, but this is news to me. Has anyone tested them for diseases etc? I think I know the answer to this, but has the government done anything to stop their breeding?

to be honest, i wouldnt really worry about it. if there any sort of danger from it, we would be aware. why would the government d anything about their breeding, we are talking about an epidemic here, just a few insects! dont worry!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Pet wrote:

Of note, malaria was endemic in the Thames valley in the middle ages and in fact was not eliminated from Europe entirely until the 1940's.

The mosquitos in England and europe can still carry malaria if given the chance!

fade wrote:
    Sleeping Beuty, haydens, graces or fletchers. now think before you answer because the fate of the world depends on it..
    hrm well havent been to any in a while due to living in the pav and doyles all year long but here's my two cents.. i know a lot of people who go to graces so used to end up there a lot but tbh the place kinda annoys me, especially since the music they play has always been so sh*te anytime ive been in there...so poppy and ugh. haydens is okay, havent been there that much, im not very sporty so thats probably why!! i like fletchers whenever i go there, never really went there that much back in the day because it sort of had an old mans pub rep, but then i guess it got a younger crowd so we investigated and i thought it was sound. so yeah fletchers is grand.

So is the world gonna end? lol

on a moan note, my best friend went away to the states for a year today, my bf is going away for 6weeks tomorrow as is another friend for 2weeks. ugh im jealous.

hrm well havent been to any in a while due to living in the pav and doyles all year long but here's my two cents.. i know a lot of people who go to graces so used to end up there a lot but tbh the place kinda annoys me, especially since the music they play has always been so sh*te anytime ive been in there...so poppy and ugh. haydens is okay, havent been there that much, im not very sporty so thats probably why!! i like fletchers whenever i go there, never really went there that much back in the day because it sort of had an old mans pub rep, but then i guess it got a younger crowd so we investigated and i thought it was sound. so yeah fletchers is grand.

So is the world gonna end? lol

on a moan note, my best friend went away to the states for a year today, my bf is going away for 6weeks tomorrow as is another friend for 2weeks. ugh im jealous.

be expecting a phonecall from the president to congratulate you on saving the world. correct answer, FLETCHERS, yay, best guiness ever!

dont be jelous of them, because you get to stay in sunny ireland! actually, what has the weather been like there recently?

rant: I'm ringing someone, and have been on hold for 7 minutes now. Joy!

im still waiting on that phonecall fade, the cheek of the president not to call me!!! ;)
    actually, what has the weather been like there recently?
    i think the weathers been kind of weird lately...really sunny one second then massive rain showers..out in the country anyway :rolleyes:

edit: no moans today, im over my jealousy at the mo because i know how boring 8hour plane flights are hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the_rook

Don't appear to be going on holiday anymore :-(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

edit: no moans today, im over my jealousy at the mo because i know how boring 8hour plane flights are hahahaha
    none of em going to florida or new orleans are they?

im still waiting on that phonecall fade, the cheek of the president not to call me!!! ;)
    yea well she rang, but you were obviously out, its not might fault that you lack respect for our glorious leader type person

i think the weathers been kind of weird lately...really sunny one second then massive rain showers..out in the country anyway :rolleyes:
    i love that sort of weather, sun to make you happy, rain to keep the dust down, arrr i do be a real farmer (or pirate, whatever)

you getting in much surfing these days btw man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Serenity wrote:

anytime ppl mention surfing i get a flashback of that sausage ad with the surfers, 'we look like posh students', with their surfer hair, having a fry before they set off to drive to the waves (maaaaan), then eating sausages and chips in the pub, wearing surfer hats (duuuuuude). i don't like that ad - and it's displaced my previous surfer mental image which was keanu reeves in 'point break' (yuuuuum).

another insect bite me on the ankle and my whole ankle's swollen up and is real red and itchy.

(disclaimer to all insects: please leave me alone insects, i don't taste good :(.............)

cuckoo wrote:
    anytime ppl mention surfing i get a flashback of that sausage ad with the surfers, 'we look like posh students', with their surfer hair, having a fry before they set off to drive to the waves (maaaaan), then eating sausages and chips in the pub, wearing surfer hats (duuuuuude). i don't like that ad - and it's displaced my previous surfer mental image which was keanu reeves in 'point break' (yuuuuum).
    We usually eat our fries after surfing tbh, be too sick before hand.... surfing cure's the hangover, then ye have fry, then more surfing, then get wasted.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

Serenity wrote:
    We usually eat our fries after surfing tbh, be too sick before hand.... surfing cure's the hangover, then ye have fry, then more surfing, then get wasted.........

All in the name of Trinity Sport

Serenity wrote:

nope, i was west once or twice over the summer, but it was flat as ****, so we got pissed instead :) i didnt really have the chance, had to work and save to come to this god awfull country, and now im in this god awfull country untill christmas. i think im gonna come home at some stage in november and go west, nothin set though. you?

barely any secound round offers in TCD so means am out of job (at least for next week), most places were filled first round.

but on the plus side am likely to be working at freshers weeks throughout dublin the following week- UCD/ DCU and DIT, or possibly working with the Irish Wheelchair Association( if they ever get around to sending me my work contract:(), but they both will pay me well.

• Advertisement

fade wrote:
    nope, i was west once or twice over the summer, but it was flat as ****, so we got pissed instead :) i didnt really have the chance, had to work and save to come to this god awfull country, and now im in this god awfull country untill christmas. i think im gonna come home at some stage in november and go west, nothin set though. you?
    ain't done naut , seem to have drink'n or stuff most weekend.... finished work in 2 weeks now so hopefully get some in after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement