Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pure Nerd
    73 % Nerd, [34% Geek, 34% Dork].

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hrm. For some reason I decided to have my friends over for dinner tomorrow. This means I'll actually have to get off my arse and cook. Fiddlesticks. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

trying to cook my own homemade pizza but the base has gotten really big for some reason and it tastes really funny...anyone konw how to make pizza's? the recipie im following is for a non-yeast base

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I know how to, but i always use yeast - so no i guess :)

the base was made of flour, water and an egg but i had to use an extra half egg because the dough wasn't binding (the yeast mehtod takes too long as you have to leave the dough to rise), the topping for it is really nice, i got tomatoes/ basil/ edam+cheddar and fried rashers.

i actually made the same recipie for my mocks for the junior cert, haven't really done it for a while though.

i love homemade pizza though cos it's so much nicer then the frozen ones:).

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    trying to cook my own homemade pizza but the base has gotten really big for some reason and it tastes really funny...anyone konw how to make pizza's? the recipie im following is for a non-yeast base
    I think you have knead the dough for ages so that it doesn't rise and get all fluffy (ick).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

why yes pink is an ugly spaish ncolour that hurts the eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I dunno pet, I like a bit of fluffyness in my pizza. Can you make the base with soda instead of yeast?
    Locking the Kewl Society down eh? This is how you computer nerds survive. The society was getting a little bit of attention, and then wham :mad:. TCD boards moderators should have managed the thread spoliers rather than shutting down a promising start to a new and exciting society. For shame
    Meh tbh.. that thread was an embarrassment. Pretty pathetic idea really, did your ma suggest it?

no, his ma was busy with me iirc.

Crash why on earth are you posting at 4 in the morning?!!

Dec does the soda not give a bitter taste to the dough? i considered adding some olive oil as i think that's what they do in the mediteranian countries. hmm turkish pizza ..........:)

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    Dec does the soda not give a bitter taste to the dough?
    Not sour, I've had soda bread before. Feckin delicious. It wouldn't be sour, just saltier.
    crash wrote:
    no, his ma was busy with me iirc.
    Ah now that's a bit obvious. Stroking your leg telling you how kewl her son is?

I dunno pet, I like a bit of fluffyness in my pizza. Can you make the base with soda instead of yeast?

Yuck! I hate doughy pizzas, they are evil and must die..Dunno if you can use soda., never tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Yes i am a big child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Hey it was just a joke. But I value my existance more than pride!

yuck! bloody flying beetles keep coming in and dropping onto me from the upstairs landing. horrible little bastards, they are. DIE.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pure Nerd
    73 % Nerd, [34% Geek, 34% Dork].

Ah well.
    Don't worry, I'm pure nerd too at 78%, though you got a geekier and dorkier score than me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

snorlax wrote:
    another insect bite me on the ankle and my whole ankle's swollen up and is real red and itchy.

(disclaimer to all insects: please leave me alone insects, i don't taste good :(.............)
    If you have an insect bite, bread soda is wonderful stuff. I had a huge swollen bite on my leg just before my graduation and I was going mad, and my next door neighbour suggested the bread soda - make it into a paste with water, spread on the bite and cover with a plaster. I changed it twice a day and within three days it was completely gone, this was a mother****er of a bite though so I'd say it works really fast on smaller bites. And they don't itch then! Also, to prevent yourself being bitten take Thiamin (vitamin B1) tablets, though a B-Complex works just as well - you can get them in pharmacies and health shops and I guarantee you won't be bitten, mosquitoes don't like the smell off your blood or something, I always take them about half an hour before I go out when I'm on holidays and rarely get bites anymore

I guess I'd better moan about something though, since that's what the thread is for... I can't find any hair bobbins in my house which is really annoying because I want to keep my hair out of my face, it's got way too long

Hey thanks a million for the bites advice but they stopped chewing on me, at least for the time being! i think they just liked my perfume.

btw "je suis un poisson" also mean's im a pisces:)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

snorlax wrote:
    Hey thanks a million for the bites advice but they stopped chewing on me, at least for the time being! i think they just liked my perfume.

btw "je suis un poisson" also mean's im a pisces:)

i wasnt so lucky, i was up twice last night (again) on the hunt for the bastards! its so satisfying to squish them after they have got you, but now there is blood on my wall :(

I went outside with one of those weedkiller flamethrower things last night and had some sadistic revenge on the midges that congregate under the trees.

BURN, MOTHER****ERS! *cackle*

• Advertisement

France scored :mad:

but Keane got man of the match

snorlax wrote:
    but Keane got man of the match

But france won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

fu*kin repeats! :mad:

Myth wrote:
    But france won.

Myth missed you yesterday, you looked like you wer'e rushing off on some important mission, i ended up talking to John anyhow.

****ING SMOKE. I can't even get to ****ing sleep because my arsehole sister decides it's a good time to light up ****ing Carrolls cigarettes, which by the way, smell like burning dog****, and anyone here who smokes them needs to be promptly cockslapped. Jesus H Christ, if you want a hotbox, you stupid selfish bitch, then use the ****ing shed in the garden. And while you're at it, you can **** your dip**** boyfriend out there too, because I've had enough of sleeping with my earphones in. If you're not careful, I'm going to install a webcam in your room and sell the footage on the net. It'll even come with its own soundtrack of the ****TY ****ING INDIE MUSIC that you play ALL THE MOTHER****ING DAY. And any money I make is going into a fund for you to CLEAN YOUR ****ING TEETH, because, in case you didn't know, CIGARETTES STAIN YOUR TEETH!

JESUS CHRIST I haven't been this pissed off in a while. I'm going outside to throw stones at cars and burn things, and perhaps key some cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Pet wrote:
    ****ING SMOKE. I can't even get to ****ing sleep because my arsehole sister decides it's a good time to light up ****ing Carrolls cigarettes, which by the way, smell like burning dog****, and anyone here who smokes them needs to be promptly cockslapped. Jesus H Christ, if you want a hotbox, you stupid selfish bitch, then use the ****ing shed in the garden. And while you're at it, you can **** your dip**** boyfriend out there too, because I've had enough of sleeping with my earphones in. If you're not careful, I'm going to install a webcam in your room and sell the footage on the net. It'll even come with its own soundtrack of the ****TY ****ING INDIE MUSIC that you play ALL THE MOTHER****ING DAY. And any money I make is going into a fund for you to CLEAN YOUR ****ING TEETH, because, in case you didn't know, CIGARETTES STAIN YOUR TEETH!

JESUS CHRIST I haven't been this pissed off in a while. I'm going outside to throw stones at cars and burn things, and perhaps key some cars.

"Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you."
    let the anger burn, for soon you will fall to the dark side..

excellant rant btw

*gives pet a medal*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Rantastic. It's posts like this that make this thread worthwhile.

• Advertisement

Yeah go pet! You needed to get that out of you bad, didn't ya?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement