Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

just spent over an hour on a bus coming from Lucan into town, the traffic is awful at the mo :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

What were you doing in Lucan Snorlax?

i was supposed to be doing an interview out there, i didnt really know where i was either, i just got the 25A to superquinn and tried to find my way from there, the post was for part time work but they wer'e only offering 5hours a week!

Lucan's actually really nice apart from the traffic, how long does it normally take to get into town from there in the mornings?

snorlax wrote:
    Lucan's actually really nice apart from the traffic, how long does it normally take to get into town from there in the mornings?
    Getting the 25a you would have only really seen new Lucan (aka clondalkin), which that bus does the most loop-di-loop route through taking an extra 15mins.
    If I'm in a lab for 9, I get the 08.00 bus which takes 40mins. If I get the one 5 mins later it takes 1 hour and 20 mins. As you say it all depends on the traffic, however the buslanes are a godsend except at intersections.

Lucan suppossed to have 80,000 people living in it now it's a pity they don't have a luas going out there.

iv heard that someday they might have one.

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    Lucan suppossed to have 80,000 people living in it now it's a pity they don't have a luas going out there.

iv heard that someday they might have one.
    Yeah... I think it's closer to 50,000, we're not as big as blanch or tallaght yet (do we want we want to be?). But yeah soon as adamstown is built it'll be 80,000. By the time any such luas or whatever goes out to lucan I'll be well gone so don't care really..

i still prefer the smaller villages myself, eg stepside's nice enough as is phibsboro and Killester.

i wonder when admastown will be finished and if they'll install proper ammenities to go with it rather then just building loads of residential estates. the inside of the shopping centre in Blanch is a bit like an ice skating rink, it's just so big and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm. I took some of my Smoke Induced Rage out on the punching bag, which made me feel better, but my knuckles now beg for forgiveness.

I then decided to take a trip to Dundrum shopping centre (curiosity? morbid fascination? who knows), which turned out to be the most depressing, soulless, vapid hole that I've ever seen.
    I should write an Aenima-style song about what I saw there..yummy mummies sipping half-fat mochachinos while talking in affected pseudo-west-brit tones about their new handbags; pre-Junior cert girls with fake eyelashes, orange skin and hair extensions (BOPS in the making, seemingly); "men" sitting in the hairdresser's under those blower thingies with curlers in their hair...yikes, I got outta there post-haste. But not before snagging an iced mocha from butlers.

I feel so dirty. :(

you should have got a skinny laite Pet!

yeh Dundrum's a bit souless alright, the prices for the food /coffee etc are quite high.

but they'v also got cheap petrol.

iv heard that initially when it opened they did very well but now less people are going to it. i wonder if the area around dundrum has the population to support such a large shopping centre (it must be destroying stillorgan shopping centre at the mo)

snorlax wrote:
    (it must be destroying stillorgan shopping centre at the mo)

Not to mention Nutgrove...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Blogger is evil. They created that little button in the top right hand corner of the page that reads 'next blog' to tempt, intrigue and, ultimately, waylay the unwary.

I have just spent the past two and a half hours flicking through a succession of blogs. It's an addiction and i need to go cold turkey - no more voyeuristic viewing.

/slightly off topic: what is up with people? they post their names, photos, home towns (practically their addresses), pictures of their kids, expensive new purchases are mentioned (followed by a 'looking forward to our 2 week holiday away, must drop the dog over at the neighbours because our house is going to be empty and waiting for whichever internet literate burglar is reading this'), they fill in lists of questions, (date of birth and parents names, wow, i'm all set to steal your identity!), their whole lives are chronicled online for everyone to read

whatever happened to mystery? getting to know people over a long period of time? actually honest to goodness conversations, not 'comments' left on each others' webpages/blogs/online shrines to self adoration and obsession?

this global www has created a generation of solipsistic individuals, pouring out their lives to the 'web' through the medium of their keyboards. is it getting to the stage where something has not really happened until it's been blogged - that existence, experience, emotion and 'what i ate today' are not legitimised until described in loving detail online?

but.....they can be as addictive as i'd imagine crack cocaine is to read. and, if i search long enough i'm sure i could find the blog of a crack addict so i can vicariously live that addiction too.

/rant over.

welcome to the future where dating/ life is done via the keyboard ;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I can't stand most blogs. I don't understand the need for exhibitionism. The only blogs I read are ones like twenty major.

Blogger is evil. They created that little button in the top right hand corner of the page that reads 'next blog' to tempt, intrigue and, ultimately, waylay the unwary.

Wikipedia is just as bad. I could sit down to look up a topic on Wikipedia, and hours later, I'd still be clicking through; a vacant expression on my face, a droplet of saliva hanging from one side of my mouth, and my eyes starting to crust over..
    /slightly off topic: what is up with people? they post their names, photos, home towns (practically their addresses), pictures of their kids, expensive new purchases are mentioned (followed by a 'looking forward to our 2 week holiday away, must drop the dog over at the neighbours because our house is going to be empty and waiting for whichever internet literate burglar is reading this'), they fill in lists of questions, (date of birth and parents names, wow, i'm all set to steal your identity!), their whole lives are chronicled online for everyone to read.

What is it that scares you about people knowing your identity? You've met a load of people from boards already, so there's a link between the virtual you and the real you. These people that baffle you with their complete lack of concern for privacy are from America..one of the most faceless, impersonal countries in the world. Their own family might read the blog and not cop the connection. The chances of a scary stalker-person reading their ramblings, and actually meeting them in real life are scarily low.
    whatever happened to mystery? getting to know people over a long period of time? actually honest to goodness conversations, not 'comments' left on each others' webpages/blogs/online shrines to self adoration and obsession?

this global www has created a generation of solipsistic individuals, pouring out their lives to the 'web' through the medium of their keyboards. is it getting to the stage where something has not really happened until it's been blogged - that existence, experience, emotion and 'what i ate today' are not legitimised until described in loving detail online?

I agree. It's an "I blog, therefore I am" kind of culture
    (tm Amanda Palmer, whose blog I read religiously - www.dresdendolls.com/diary - she has a way with words)..
    People now seem to need cold, hard evidence and reminders of what they did yesterday, no matter how trivial. I do it myself..when I'm at a concert, I spent half my time trying to take a great picture of the event to "remember it by" instead of immersing myself..Why? I can't say.
    Maybe it's because we realise that our memories are fallible? And that we can certainly offload a lot onto the web, by writing our thoughts and memories, and storing our photos for all to see..and should we ever suffer from amnesia, all will not be lost.

Or maybe we're all trying to grab a bit of the celebrity limelight for ourselves, to think that somewhere out there, there is a group of people that tunes in every day to listen to (or read) the sordid details of our lives.

I don't know. But blogging makes for good reading, sometimes, and it breaks down barriers.

Never understood this whole blog thing. To much effort to keep one up, too boring to read. I swear, I've come accross a couple of them and have nearly acquired dimensia through mind-numbingness.. Where's the appeal???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Hmm. I took some of my Smoke Induced Rage out on the punching bag, which made me feel better, but my knuckles now beg for forgiveness.

I then decided to take a trip to Dundrum shopping centre (curiosity? morbid fascination? who knows), which turned out to be the most depressing, soulless, vapid hole that I've ever seen.
    I should write an Aenima-style song about what I saw there..yummy mummies sipping half-fat mochachinos while talking in affected pseudo-west-brit tones about their new handbags; pre-Junior cert girls with fake eyelashes, orange skin and hair extensions (BOPS in the making, seemingly); "men" sitting in the hairdresser's under those blower thingies with curlers in their hair...yikes, I got outta there post-haste. But not before snagging an iced mocha from butlers.

I feel so dirty. :(

But the Virgin Megastore has the best metal section I've seen in a long time! They had so much stoner metal and doom metal I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

John2 wrote:
    But the Virgin Megastore has the best metal section I've seen in a long time! They had so much stoner metal and doom metal I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
    Oh. I passed right by that. :(

tis pouring rain today, no nice walk into town for me :(!

will you be my friend

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if its the last thing i do in my life its to sh|t on the bastards who own Delta airline....

HOW DARE THEY GO BANKRUPT WHILE i'M ON ONE OF THERE FLIGHTS.

sorry...

i am currently in atlanta, where my flight to dublin was pushed forward because Delta announced protective bankruptcy while i was on my flight from las vegas to atlanta....

i am now shareing a hotel with about 200 huricance refugees and delta abanondoned customers till tomorrow.

BASTARDS

• Advertisement

will you be my friend

wtf?!

just sent the end of a staple through my thumb, ouch :(, don't worrry can still type :) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

snorlax wrote:
    wtf?!

just sent the end of a staple through my thumb, ouch :(, don't worrry can still type :) though.

the post was edited by seren because it was, i dont know, pointless maybe?
    i rekon the only reason for the post was so that you would click on his sig link, dont....

as for the staple, yep they hurt like a bitch! and you feel like an idiot for stabbing yourself.

myrant today shall be about those ***** of in meteor. my phone gets robbed, so when i went home i was a faithfull meteor customer, bought a new phone and got my old number back etc. now that im back in this bloody country ive been told that the only way i can have my phone unlocked so that i can use a belgian simcard is if i top up my phone by 130 ****in eruo!!!!

****ing *****, and the bitch on the phone sounded like some sort of clap invested single mother of 70, and fat to boot as well, the bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

the post was edited by seren because it was, i dont know, pointless maybe?
    i rekon the only reason for the post was so that you would click on his sig link, dont....
    Yes, yes it was....

have a look on the pda/mobiles board, there is a sticky on phone unlocking :)

Serenity wrote:
    Yes, yes it was....

have a look on the pda/mobiles board, there is a sticky on phone unlocking :)

cheers dude, i have since ****ed over those ***** at meteor and had my phone unlocked, for free. sweet!!!!

Ah FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I was bidding on something on ebay (a very nice overcoat for a very good price) and just as I went to place a bid (10 seconds before end of auction), bloody ebay tells me that I have to sign in!

AAAAAAAAARGH. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Some people are annoying me big time on the UCD forum. :eek:

Can I lay low here for a few days guys? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

*welcoming hug for Zane*

/back on topic

it's sunday and i've got that 'homework due tommorrow' feeling about Monday - back to work. :(

well its my birthday today, im 21. **** one

They've started doing construction on houses 7 & 8 outside the office. Stupid noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Long meetings being postponed till today :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement