Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

**** it anyway, they are all out of the normal sized chemical gloves, so now i have to wear pixie size gloves, i can fel the blood being cut of from my fingers as we type. 165 million euro a year budget and they cant evn have an ample supply of comfortable saftly gear. tits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

got soaked today and managed to pull my toe running for a luas:(!

on the other hand at the end of this year i get my own patient to work on, and i get to teach a whole gang of first years! bring on 3rd year :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

..People who insist on using text speak, even in emails. I mean, it takes bloody longer to use that than to type properly. They need to be rounded up and beaten with a sack of dictionaries. Gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Pet wrote:
    ..People who insist on using text speak, even in emails. I mean, it takes bloody longer to use that than to type properly. They need to be rounded up and beaten with a sack of dictionaries. Gah!

lol wtf? dnt B a h8r lol. Ppl lik U suk 4E. KTHXBYE.

(Sorry if that isn't real "txt spk", I use properly punctuated and grammatical sentences even in text messages, even though it means there's a lot less that I can write about :) .)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    I agree it takes longer.. thus in emails it has no place other than to identify muppets. However in actual texts when one is a student and has no money [enter ApeX], it is quite useful..

• Advertisement

Yes. I agree. My text messages are almost vac-packed. It'd be something like this: "hi thr,got2go2twn4sum cds,ill meet u l8r@d new pc shop" etc.

But in an email where there is no limit on characters - muppetry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I heard Eircom are bringing in character limits in emails.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that would not surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

As bad as eircom are I don't believe that for a second. It actually makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Joke.

• Advertisement

Yes!

Stupid pink student cards! A whole year with pink. BAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

Pink? Don't we have a Student's Union for exactly this reason, to make sure that a situation like this doesn't arise?

Myth wrote:
    Stupid pink student cards! A whole year with pink. BAH!

dear god no...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hahaha class, i guessed right! people were like "no neil, theres no WAY they'll be pink" but i stuck to my guns.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pink seems to suit you myth,

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

are they pink for everyone, or just like returning (aka 2nd 3rd 4th) students or something?
    I am starting Junior Freshman on monday.

Pink is just too chav-tastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

YAY Pink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Chav-tastic?? I wouldn't have associated chavs with the colour pink.

Pink for undergrads, postgrads, schols students, people in the SU...the pink is here to stay, for everyone it seems. Well for a year. And no, pink does NOT suit me!!

• Advertisement

goes with my runners :)! and possibly the BESS faculty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pink for teh win :D

ah god my friends in other colleges are gonna slag me about this, but i just think its cool :D

Oh NO! It'll TOTALLY clash with my outfit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Oh come on, how is pink any worse than last years gaudy orange card...!

(Yay pink! :p )

I feel like I've been back at college forever, it'll be good to actually signs of other human life next week.... It's so strange with the place being so deserted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

best one we've had since i started was blue...... then green , then the orange, and the worst one obviously being the pink...

bloody hell,

so its a new fresh week, i come into work, you know, all ready to start a new set of measurements. ace. right lets go.

but NNOOOOOO, it seems that the device i need to use istnworking and the guy responsible for it desnt seem to want to answer any emails, the bastard is probably off being belgian somewhere, the ****.

so im stuck in work, with nothin to do, ive already gone over all the results ive got, tweaked them to my satisfaction. and now, ive got nothin to do, absolutely nothin, but i cant go home, it would look bad.

so i browse the internet, every now and again posting my frustration here and in other threads.

for a company with over 1000 people workin for it, and with 160million budget every year, they sure know how NOT to get anything done.

cumbuckets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Serenity wrote:
    best one we've had since i started was blue...... then green , then the orange, and the worst one obviously being the pink...

Yeah, the blue was my fave too. It had a nice jaunty happy feel about it. The pink one isn't too bad, it's far better than the headache inducing, vitamin C enriched orange ones.

Couldn't go out tonight for two reasons:
    1) My head was splitting from last night (I was vehy vehy drunk).
    2) My gran isn't the Mae West this weather so I thought I'd stay home with her and make sure enough cups of tea were being made.

On the plus side I got to see my girlfriend for the first time in nearly two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I liked the white ones

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Regi wrote:
    I liked the white ones

Before my time I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

white ones are only staff cards these days afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement