Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think they should do platinum ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think they should do transparent ones. Now they would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

iv seen the first year ones and they look really icky :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

first year ones? they are the same for all of us...

the pink ones i mean, we don't get ours till next week.

• Advertisement

ah yeah, though the one thing about the id's is, no matter how crap they look everyone has one so it really doesn't matter alot..... though i would have thought they would have gone for a colour further away on the colour spectrum... a nice grey would have been good...

i was thinking blue with a crest that isn't all fuzzy, or maybe red.

some of the societies seem to have nicer ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Serenity wrote:
    ah yeah, though the one thing about the id's is, no matter how crap they look everyone has one so it really doesn't matter alot..
    Except when the bouncer smirks if you happen to drink on nassau or pearse st. Or your mates at home, giving them further ammo for calling you a steamer.
    snorlax wrote:
    i was thinking blue
    They had blue when me n serenity were in first year. And I'm sure there was a red one before we came in.

I actually really agree with serenity w.r.t. the grey. That would be sweet..

haha so true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1007/roads.html

Safety warnings? How about:

Driving a SUV can lead to low birth weight and infant mortality.

Driving a SUV can reduce blood flow and cause impotence

SUV's contain tar, nitrosamines, nicotine etc and are harmful to your health

SUV's cause heart disease.

No? interesting article though. I wonder if ther's a greater chance of being killed if hit by a bus? how about a jet? I think we're onto something here guys, trust the fine individuals in our esteemed establishment for bringing this staggering fact to light, it must have taken years of research. It's almost like that bint that was on the irish version of "who wants to crash and burn on national t.v. whilst under the pretence that they can win a million euro but really haven't hot a hope?" that took half an hour and numerous lifelines to decide that the main crop grown in ireland is, indeed, GRASS. Look at an aerial map of ANYWHERE in the ****ing country. what colour do you see??! What? YES, it's GREEN!!!!! What's usually the most common green plant? GRASS, you stupid air headed bimbo, Grass.

If I was a taxpayer, I'd be real sore about paying the government to pay the HEA to pay the sort of person that charges the earth to tell us that it hurts more to get hit by a big thing instead of a small thing. I seriously worry about the future of the human race and honestly believe that human evolution has rolled over and died. I propose to seek a government grant to see if the chances of croaking it after being hit by a tank are higher than those involved in your average pillow fight. I reckon four million should do it and I should have an answer sometime before the next ice age, at which point the jellyfish will have taken over as the most intelligent species on the planet. Damn fools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Dead Ed wrote:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1007/roads.html

Safety warnings? How about:

Driving a SUV can lead to low birth weight and infant mortality.

Driving a SUV can reduce blood flow and cause impotence

SUV's contain tar, nitrosamines, nicotine etc and are harmful to your health

SUV's cause heart disease.

No? interesting article though. I wonder if ther's a greater chance of being killed if hit by a bus? how about a jet? I think we're onto something here guys, trust the fine individuals in our esteemed establishment for bringing this staggering fact to light, it must have taken years of research. It's almost like that bint that was on the irish version of "who wants to crash and burn on national t.v. whilst under the pretence that they can win a million euro but really haven't hot a hope?" that took half an hour and numerous lifelines to decide that the main crop grown in ireland is, indeed, GRASS. Look at an aerial map of ANYWHERE in the ****ing country. what colour do you see??! What? YES, it's GREEN!!!!! What's usually the most common green plant? GRASS, you stupid air headed bimbo, Grass.

If I was a taxpayer, I'd be real sore about paying the government to pay the HEA to pay the sort of person that charges the earth to tell us that it hurts more to get hit by a big thing instead of a small thing. I seriously worry about the future of the human race and honestly believe that human evolution has rolled over and died. I propose to seek a government grant to see if the chances of croaking it after being hit by a tank are higher than those involved in your average pillow fight. I reckon four million should do it and I should have an answer sometime before the next ice age, at which point the jellyfish will have taken over as the most intelligent species on the planet. Damn fools.

Five Star Rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm. Drinking gives me bad skin. Bad skin is bad. Do I drink less? No.

/me detects behavioural error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Drink does not give me bad skin. Drink in fact helps me come out of my shell and become a much more entertaining human being.

What have I just done? Given up drink, for 3 weeks now.

Methinks the behavioural error is mine, Pet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Diablolical

Yeah I've also given up drink for the last month not even a sup,I'm bloody 20 years old to day living in england on my own with a ****ed up back so I've had to sleep on the floor for the past few nights,this is **** ****EDY ****STICKS!!!.Whats more I am bored out of my mind as I don't really get on with any of these limeys and i haven't spoken to an Irish person for a month I just wan't to hear a knacker talk again.Ahh well its only for 4 years then I can slink back to Ireland crawl into a pub and live on drink for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well if ya call them Limeys then I can see why they don't get on wit ya!!! :p
    That's an American saying mate. Jesus, I'd even prefer you to call us Brits, we do see ourselves as such. :)
    But yeah, that certainly sounds like a scenario worthy of a moan/rant.

I've given up drink for a month (just one week to go baby, oh yeah) mainly for economic reasons, but also to see if I can actually make it, as well as the unintended benefit of developing lower tolerance for alcohol thereby making it easier to get hammered.

is anyone in college still? i attempted to go to the pdaddy beers in the westmoreland bar(downstairs), and it was a complete and utter disaster, they we're trying to charge me just to get in and when i looked in i couldn't see anyone( packed to the walls), decided not to take the chance of going in in case nobody was in there, rang a few ppl but knowone responded or cud hear they're mobile. so waited in the smoking area (knowing how many smoking addicts they're are) and then this really old man started to chat me up and proceeded to take his clothes off in front of me and tried to hug me, i moved to the other side but couldn't breathe with all the cigarette smoke:(, i ran to tcd which is where i am now. so anyone around?

snorlax wrote:
    is anyone in college still? i attempted to go to the pdaddy beers in the westmoreland bar(downstairs), and it was a complete and utter disaster, they we're trying to charge me just to get in and when i looked in i couldn't see anyone( packed to the walls), decided not to take the chance of going in in case nobody was in there, rang a few ppl but knowone responded or cud hear they're mobile. so waited in the smoking area (knowing how many smoking addicts they're are) and then this really old man started to chat me up and proceeded to take his clothes off in front of me and tried to hug me, i moved to the other side but couldn't breathe with all the cigarette smoke:(, i ran to tcd which is where i am now. so anyone around?
    I'm in the 24hr reading room if you want to pop over..

im in the laser huts, where's the reading room? do they have computers?

Yeah. You know the big glass pyramid outside the Ussher? It's over near there. Walk out of the huts, down past the pitches, but turn left before the Berkely. You'll see a sign, it's up the stairs and you swipe in. Dead handy place, and now that the pc's have been upgraded it's much nicer than the smelly huts!

<-Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1989...

k it i think im here, at least im in a computer room beside the berkely near a glass pyramid, it's really creepy in here and very hot. is there more then one room? are people suppossed to study here cos they're is nothing but computers.

• Advertisement

Hehehe..and hence begins the awkward "i can't talk to you because it's supposed to be quiet in here!" type thing..

nice hat..!

why is it so dark in here?

I don't know. But it's like a bloody sauna. and it smells like arts people. and i'm not wearing a hat!! that's my perfectly formed hair you see..

k i really did get you confused with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Heheh.. I've made that mistake before too pet. You guys wanna open a chat window or somethin? Instead of this slow thing?

Or at least click start run:
    net send username and this is your message

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Does that work now?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'd like to moan about this piece of sh!te.... here!

and have a look at this fantastic thread..... here

or a look at this!

a fantastic forum these days! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement