Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Also, drink bought from ALDI may taste okay at the time, but the red in my eyes and the pounding in my head is testament to the fact that there WILL be repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

"here he comes, here comes eduMyth, he's the sabat with wheels...."

to the tune of speedracer...

Myth; the greatest superhero of them all...:D

Superhero_and_Friends_Collection.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Oh look, it's the return of the Sugar People.

Goddamnit, the rain isn't going to cause you to melt like the wicked witch of the ****ing west, get over it. Thanks to people like you, I've had a superfun day today, being run into by people sprinting to get out of the glorified drizzle, and listening to people complain about how bad it is. And then there are the Umbrella People.

The Umbrella People walk around Dublin, oblivious to the fact that there are actually OTHER PEOPLE walking on the same footpath as them. They waltz along, pushing the umbrella-less folk out of their way and blinding anyone who dares to stand their ground with their titanium-tipped umbrella spokes.

It's Ireland. It rains here, quite a lot actually. It doesn't kill or maim you, it just makes you a bit wet. It cleans the streets of all the puke, ****, dirt and whatever it is that makes Dublin such a filthy hole. It waters the plants and crops. Maybe it will make your hair go poofy, or your makeup run down your face, but if you're worried about the above happening, then you're probably an Arts student anyways, and we all know what a waste of space they are.

I love Ro-ro's rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Stupid blades haven't arrived yet, stupid stupid fedex. Before noon me bolix :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

weld some shopping trolley wheels to your shoes.

• Advertisement

Havem now hehe.. Skated to my bus stop then round college a bit. Nearly creamed myself into some lads with surfboards outside the physics building. It's been so long I've forgotten how to stop on these things. In the IAMS now just wearing the boot part of them. Look like regular runners too! Legend stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Stupid blades haven't arrived yet, stupid stupid fedex. Before noon me bolix :mad:

yours are comming today? bastard!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Havem now hehe.. Skated to my bus stop then round college a bit. Nearly creamed myself into some lads with surfboards outside the physics building. It's been so long I've forgotten how to stop on these things. In the IAMS now just wearing the boot part of them. Look like regular runners too! Legend stuff..
    More like hiking boots no? tho re-enforced a bit more than normal......

What's all this about rollerblading? Is it some new trend? I actually had the idea yesterday, the trek from my apartment to the luas is tiresome and boring, I think I might dig out my old rollerblades if they fit..

i showed dec some hypno's so he bought em... i also picked up a pair of salamon pilot pro 2's the same day...

• Advertisement

Hypnos? Salamon pilot pro? Speak english!

http://www.hypno.it/ -- hypnos :) , skates that have a removeable chassis (odly enough the pic when u goto the home page are of the stealths i have)

http://www.londomondo.com/sk-sal-2005-pilot-9pro2-mn05-asst-24.html --- my salomon's

Do you need some diagrams on how rollerblades work too ? ;)

Oh right, cool. But what do you do with the wheel part when you get to your lectures? Put them into your bag? Are they not really heavy? I suppose it is a good idea though.

Although, if I see either of you around I'm going to drop a fistful of ballbearings in your path. Ha!

yeah, you put em in yer bag, or just carry em, they ain't heavy at all really...... AL chassis or composite, both light...

And the wheel radius is large enough to get over most such annoances, though if i was to fall i'd make sure to take you out in the process ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The VdP mailing list. *grrrrrr*

cuckoo wrote:
    Could ya by any chance add me to that susan? I wanna join but didnt get in on freshers week :(
    So I take it you know damo, former dear leader of VdeP? Sound man..

Sorry bout constantly unfastening my boot behind/beside you in Weaire's lecture there. Haven't broken them in yet and one is chafing me a bit..

cuckoo wrote:

I agree, I had a full page of "Please take me off this list" emails today. Stupid ****ers.

same here, about 10emails at least..

oh and one of my friends knocked Indy down the stairs in James, she says sorry!

snorlax wrote:
    oh and one of my friends knocked Indy down the stairs in James, she says sorry!

How could she hurt our little Indy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

whats important to find out, Did indy deserve it?

little? she's half his size ;)!

I agree, I had a full page of "Please take me off this list" emails today. Stupid ****ers.
    hahahahaha, did they all reply to the mailing list instead of the reply-to address? Ahh, hate to be them!

The mailing list is set up that no matter how you reply it goes out to everyone, it's a discussion list really.

John2 wrote:

Same here, not only on my gmail account by on my SU account too.

had a terrible morning, i slept in an hour late (was supposed to get upat 8 to be in for 10, but ended up getting at 9, stupid alarm clock), then my brother charged in before me and used the vast majority of the hot water and wouldn't come out for ages despite me knocking on the door. i somehow managed to have a shower/ do my teeth/ dry my hair/ get changed/ fix my bra strap, which decided to break just they're and then/ do my make-up/ and sort out my notes in under half an hour which is a record for me.

my mom refused to drive me into college because she was in her her dressing gown and i had to do a group presentation today at 10 for about 0.5%of my degree), so i ended up sprinting down to the main road flagging a taxi down, nealry got killed several times in the taxi he was going so fast(told him had presentation at 10), and then had to fork out nearly thirteen euro for it.

arrived at 9.59 only to discover half my year was stuck in traffic and the lecturer decided to wait fifteen minutes for every one to arrive, so i would have just made it in on time without using up all my money.
    so now im broke, my moms p'eed off at me for causing chaos so early in the morning, and now i head home and face the music, .:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Yore mas going to murder you!
    Im 6 months pregnant and was walking into work yesterday when a courier who was cycling too fast on the the footpath in the IFSC came booting along and put me flying. W****r didnt even offer to help me up. Red rage, red rage:mad:

snorlax wrote:
    had a terrible morning, i slept in an hour late (was supposed to get upat 8 to be in for 10, but ended up getting at 9, stupid alarm clock), then my brother charged in before me and used the vast majority of the hot water and wouldn't come out for ages despite me knocking on the door. i somehow managed to have a shower/ do my teeth/ dry my hair/ get changed/ fix my bra strap, which decided to break just they're and then/ do my make-up/ and sort out my notes in under half an hour which is a record for me.

my mom refused to drive me into college because she was in her her dressing gown and i had to do a group presentation today at 10 for about 0.5%of my degree), so i ended up sprinting down to the main road flagging a taxi down, nealry got killed several times in the taxi he was going so fast(told him had presentation at 10), and then had to fork out nearly thirteen euro for it.

arrived at 9.59 only to discover half my year was stuck in traffic and the lecturer decided to wait fifteen minutes for every one to arrive, so i would have just made it in on time without using up all my money.
    so now im broke, my moms p'eed off at me for causing chaos so early in the morning, and now i head home and face the music, .:(:(:(
    Oh man, I feel for you..I had one of those days recently too, it was terrible at the time. But you will laugh about it in a few days, I promise!

Yore mas going to murder you!
    Im 6 months pregnant and was walking into work yesterday when a courier who was cycling too fast on the the footpath in the IFSC came booting along and put me flying. W****r didnt even offer to help me up. Red rage, red rage:mad:

That's shocking!

I ****ing hate couriers. They heed no laws. I've been knocked down twice by them cycling the wrong way down one way streets. Jerks.

• Advertisement

Liam Lawlor (aged 61) was killed in a car crash in Moscow today apparently. he leaves behind a wife and kids

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement