Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I found (what I assume to be) a moth larva inches from my face this morning. Yummy, I've got clothes moths in my room, how fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

snorlax wrote:
    Liam Lawlor (aged 61) was killed in a car crash in Moscow today apparently. he leaves behind a wife and kids
    and taking with him a fair few secrets i'd lay a bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

is it just me or have all the mods suddenly got lines under they're names?

Everyone has lines under their names..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Bored, oh so bored....

Anyone got anything at all remotely interesting to capture my attention?

aaaaanything at all.....zzzzzz come on people I'm dying here!

• Advertisement

no- briefly the mods had heavier lines under their usernames.

Chick Robbie Williams is singing in the TV, you just missed Angels

snorlax wrote:
    no- briefly the mods had heavier lines under their usernames.

Phew, well that's good then. *breathes sigh of relief*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    Liam Lawlor (aged 61) was killed in a car crash in Moscow today apparently. he leaves behind a wife and kids
    Yeah, drove past his house (do it regularly to avoid traffic, he lives up the road from me) there about 4pm today (well yesterday), had just heard it on the radio and there were photographers with telephoto lenses outside the gate. But they looked chagrined as behind the gate there was a jeep parked sideways on the other side blocking view of the house.

Having to live with the consequences of his corruption I must admit I'll not miss him. Nor will I be at the funeral. Most of my friends used to work for him when they were kids too, doing flyers and stuff, so some of them will be..

I've a question though.. What on earth was he doing in Moscow? And how come nobody seems to suspect any foul play of any sort? I mean it's MOSCOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

soe? its a nice city

the mafia? the KGB?

well i just woke up this morning and discovered a massive scratch on my leg, i must have somehow scratched myself in my sleep :(, question is how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

KGB?!
    Wow, and here I was thinking they'd been gone for, oooh, at least a decade now.

Surreal.

Moscow: A lovely, beautiful city, by most accounts.

SebtheBum wrote:
    KGB?!
    Moscow: A lovely, beautiful city, by most accounts.
    With a corrupt police force, an insane amount of guns, where most people carry knives and skin-head political gangsters roam the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

So... Like pretty much everywhere then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Moan, leaving your coat in the Odeon and having to trudge all the way back to get it :( Oh well, might get some brunch while I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Moan, sed typo wiped out 7hrs work.... *doh* , so should have kept stuff in cvs................ Have to re-do it all today as need it for tomorrow :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

snorlax wrote:

Saw a bit of Robbie actually, didn't like the pink/black suit... bit dodgy!

Did you watch the Princes Trust fashion show thingy? There really is **** all on tv on a Saturday... last time I'm staying in again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

moan, im in work, sick and nearly dead

Very dissappointed with myself. Had this go to bed early, get up early, do lots of study and don't drink midweek mentality going on. It was going greaaat.

That was until last night..

Figure I'd go for one pint in the gingerman, allowed myself to be convinced. Sure what's the harm, it's only one pint. I'll go straight home afterwards.. One turned into two, turned into four. At this stage a change of venue seemed like a good idea. And so a pub-crawl was born, during which I lost my phone (stolen) and an hour later lost my bag with all my notes in it. Somehow we (myself and manky aka rdm_83) managed to get talking to a bunch of italians, 2 girls and 2 lads. One of the lads was the image of Hank Azaria. Of course me, having nine pints thus far, felt it prudent to repeatedly remind him of this fact.

I digress...

Being phoneless and having lost all my college notes for this year thus far, I most likely proceeded to the nightlink. I must have fallen asleep, as all I can remember is suddenly being in maynooth. "Why the **** am I in maynooth" I muttered to nobody in particular. I went and grumbled at the driver who said he was driving back to lucan. But my logic was such that.. actually I have no idea what it was. I didn't let him drive me back home to lucan though, no no I forced him to stop in the middle of the road in leixlip from where I stumbled home. Phoneless, bagless (noteless), moneyless, drunk, wet and tired..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Didn't know you lost your bag/did know and completely forgot about it. feeling a bit rough today myself.those pints were so bloody expensive in temple bar never ever going back there, (remember our scrounging together exactly 7.50 for bavaria and having to get 10 cent of kev)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:
    I'd hate to wake up in maynooth

It's not that bad. I've done it a couple of times. On purpose mind.

• Advertisement

Yeah, so you were prepared...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Pet wrote:
    Yeah, so you were prepared...

....with supplies for long journey back into civilisation, i hope.

got my first essay of the year today (it sucks :(), worth 2.5% of my entire degree so have to work really hard at it.

also, trying to get a forum to discuss psychology and only one reply :(!

Gah, stupid mouth ulcer, it's on the inside of my lip so, so it hurts when I talk or eat.. I rarely get these anymore, wonder what's wrong now?

bongela is really good for that, pick it up in the chemist (i think one of the has a 10%discount for students)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

snorlax wrote:
    bongela is really good for that, pick it up in the chemist (i think one of the has a 10%discount for students)

Boots Rathmines (the 'student friendly chemist') has a 10% discount, with your TCD card. They don't accept the student travel card.

MEGA GRRR.

I was flying to Bristol today, and brought my college rucksack. I was also very very late. Unbeknownst to me, I had left my dissection kit in said rucksack. So when I got to the scannery part, they rummaged through my bag, and found a little case with lots of slicey, stabby implements...naturally this does not WORK for them.

So, they said I could either hand it to someone out in the departure hall (no, I came alone), go out and check it in and queue up again (no, my flight left in 5 mins), or they could put it into their box and have it securely destroyed..that was the only option. So there goes €20 and a shiny new unused dissection kit, which I won't see again, all thanks to my own forgetfulness.

ARRRRRGGHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet, I'll give you a dissection kit, I think I've a spare

• Advertisement

Yeah heard about that, pretty sh/tty alright. Good trip otherwise?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement