Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Got an essay due for tomorrow.
    Haven't even started it yet.
    Boned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Cool, that'd be excellent. If only all those half-complete kits were lying around in the DURNS room still, I'm sure I'd be able to replace the bits they took (they left me with the fabric case and two tweezers..)

Yeah it was an ok trip otherwise, that just didn't get me off to the best start though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've an almost full kit. Just missing a scalpel. But but but you can just go up to one of the demostrators at the end of one of your labs and say you left your scalpel on the bench last week and take one from the lost and found box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Serenity wrote:
    Serenity wrote:
    Week ban, i'm bored of the random trolling threads.

It was a valid Thread if poorly titled which I shall concluded when Unbanned you have 48 hours to Unban me
    ......or? Idle threaths are funny..

Ok dude you can kiss you Joss Whedon Kising butt goodbye and Tell Frankie Dominic Kelly says Hello

Can anyone translate that gibberish? is he making threats or describing a soup recipie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

sounds like a troll to me!

• Advertisement

i just got an email from the secetary in the school of OT saying i missed one lecture, one which i was actually there for but the lecturer didn't pass round the sign in sheet to everyone :(!

look at this:

"28th October 2005

I have been asked to contact you regarding absence from lectur as follows:

PBL 27th October 2005

You should contact the lecturer, through your Tutor, with an explanation for this absence.

Patricia Whittle
    School of Occupational Therapy
    Trinity Centre for Health Sciences"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

snorlax wrote:
    i just got an email from the secetary in the school of OT saying i missed one lecture, one which i was actually there for but the lecturer didn't pass round the sign in sheet to everyone :(!

look at this:

"28th October 2005

I have been asked to contact you regarding absence from lectur as follows:

PBL 27th October 2005

You should contact the lecturer, through your Tutor, with an explanation for this absence.

Patricia Whittle
    School of Occupational Therapy
    Trinity Centre for Health Sciences"

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! That really blows. What other faculties does that occur in? Id say I've missed more lectures than Ive attended at this stage. Thank goodness it doesnt happen in my faculty!

It's mainly a health sciences thing because with them knowing your stuff could be life and death for someone so they're strict on attendance.

actually they've gotten really strict on us this year compared to the previous two years. if you miss two/3 lectures you have to get a med cert.

it's good preparation for life outside college and teaching self-displine. unfortunetly most of the time your trying to concentrate on the lecture material so sometimes you forget about the sign-in sheet or it doesn't get passed to you, loads of people have got emails like me when they have actually attended the lecture, a bit like being called in for detention in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

I find that unbelievable! I was just looking through my student handbook and it states, "Where specific attendance requirements are not stated, students are non-satisfactory if they miss more than a third of a required course in any term" and there is nothing mentioned anywhere else. Very rarely is attendance taken in one of our classes. It may be good training but still I much prefer to be able to take a morning or afternoon off if the mood strikes

• Advertisement

I've an almost full kit. Just missing a scalpel. But but but you can just go up to one of the demostrators at the end of one of your labs and say you left your scalpel on the bench last week and take one from the lost and found box.
    That'd be excellent. You sure you don't need it or anything? No use for mashing up rat brains?
    I had a good one from last night that involved a disobedient machine. The anger has been drank away now but I ended gettin nothing done in twelve hours yesterday and left at half eleven. I hate that piece of **** with every fibre of my being. I hate it so much that, when I'm leaving, I'll give my supervisor my mobile number with the strict instructions to call me if they ever replace it. I don't care if I have to pay for the flights over here, I'll not eat for a week if only I can destroy it in the most horrific way possible. I'll burn it, douse it in dodgy chemicals, burn it some more. I'll drag it for miles from the back of a car and watch it grind away to pieces before my very eyes. I'll throw it off the highest building I can find and when it hits the ground I'm going to beat it with every ounce of strength I can muster and when it's been reduced to a pile of dust, I'm going to find the **** that designed it, duct tape him to a chair, mix the dust with glass powder and stay there till he eats every little bit of it before my very eyes. Then I'm going to kick his head in, the stupid ****.

I confer you my highest honour: Ronan's Five Star Rant Award. Good show.

Pet wrote:
    That'd be excellent. You sure you don't need it or anything? No use for mashing up rat brains?

No, it's a spare kit. I've another one but we get given shiny new equipment to use in Soph years so I haven't had much use for either dissection kit.

Cool, thanks a lot, that definitely makes up for the confiscation. :)

DUNDRUM i actually hate that place, the most pretentious place on the planet, and crowds everywhere, grrrrrrrrrr...i feel like letting my crazy dog loose on them all to bark and jump all over them.

he's a big border collie so he'd probably try and herd them up like they we all sheep or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

But at least the pretentious people are some of them have all migrated up there so they can go pretend they like the jeans that cost a grand in Harvey Nickels.

And i'm sick of lack of sleep, and customers are seriously rude, what's it to you if i talk to the girl on the next till.

And its worst when they call you the lady on the till, because infairness you hardly look like a lady in the manky air-tex and polyester trousers, and they only use lady becuase they think the term girl is too deogatory. Ffs i'm 17 and lady is way beyond me especially after being out the nigoht before. Ugh and managers, and old people who can't find condensced milk and weigh your stupid grapes!!! It's not that hard-

first: pick the bag of grapes you want.
    second: bring this bag of grapes with you to the weighing scales
    third: place the bag of grapes upon the till
    fourth: press the button which is appicalble to your chocie of grapes, green or balck and yes red grapes are weighed as balck grapes because the machines are really old
    fifth: remove the sticker from where it is despenced at the base of the scales
    sixth: place the sticker on the bag of grapes and not on the bag with the carrots in it because you feel like it, or think its neater or some such
    seventh: if you didnt manage the above, don't tell me they weigh them at the till in Tesco, if you're so impressed by them go shop there

And was emergency rationing announced at noon today or something? I got back from lunch and there were christmas style ques. There was rain today, get over it it's ireland, rain happens. Rain is not an excuse to stock pile food.

Actaully i don't think i'm sick of lack of sleep, i quite like this state of dazed-ness but i'm utterly fed up with work.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the rain is preventing me to get drunk...

the rain is preventing me to get drunk...

Stop drinking it

Oh, I see what you did there.

Well you didn't make education officer just for looking pretty

Unlike stephanie, or so crash would have me believe..
    DUNDRUM i actually hate that place, the most pretentious place on the planet, and crowds everywhere, grrrrrrrrrr...i feel like letting my crazy dog loose on them all to bark and jump all over them.

he's a big border collie so he'd probably try and herd them up like they we all sheep or something.

See, told you. And they ARE sheep! (to fashion and mindless consumerism, anyway)

And, as for my rant/bitch/moan....<insert lots of private personal stuff here>

Today's been the worst day I've had in months. Christ.

• Advertisement

Hrm yes. Or something.

Pet wrote:
    See, told you. And they ARE sheep! (to fashion and mindless consumerism, anyway)

Well all the really truly cool kids go to the old Dundrum shopping centre.

Cheer up Roro, you're getting a nice dissection kit and a surprise CD from me when I next see you.

Thank you, thank you..

Edit: wow, I made a comment about needing a scalpel, but it ended up taking on a completely different meaning and sounded quite dodgy in a Sylvia Plath kind of way..

John2 wrote:
    Well all the really truly cool kids go to the old Dundrum shopping centre.

Cheer up Roro, you're getting a nice dissection kit and a surprise CD from me when I next see you.

Let me guess...

[edit]
    Thank you, thank you..now all I need's a scalpel.

EduMyth wrote:
    Let me guess...

[edit]

Not quite but maybe for Christmas if he's good

You can beat an egg but you can't beat the Hoff.

Hungry, Mr. Pet?

A little, why do you ask?

Because of the egg yoke*.

*sorry

• Advertisement

:D eggsactly what I needed this evening!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement