Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You're going to poach that pun, aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Of course, I find making puns helps me come out of my shell and meet chicks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

good story, rivals last wednesday for me even. I say no more.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

guinness brew 39.... talk about the evil guinness ****s....

****, back to work tomorrow. I was enjoying the long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 WigWam

Why is the croquet club getting so much attention these days?

WigWam wrote:
    Why is the croquet club getting so much attention these days?
    Could be to do with the proposed "opening of New Square". As things currently stand only fellows and the Croquet Club were allowed on it.
    Also, they've been winning a lot more recently IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Halloween and fireworks - grrrrr.

When was Dublin 6 declared a war zone? It sounds like the Iraq War I (remember when sky news used to show footage of the SCUD missiles?) outside my window at the moment.

I'm one of those people that can't study in the library because of the loud sounds of other people breathing and turning pages (yup, i'm like my silence), i am not a fan of random noise and my flat is full of it at the moment.

grrrr.

Yeah I get what you mean about the Iraq-ness. It sounds like a war out there. I love fireworks, but only when I'M lighting them. Otherwise they're annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

damn it, i'm after remembering i had summit really embarrasing i was going to post about neil on ere....tho i was too pissed, i can't remember what it is...

o and neil, ye remember yer one drawing on the other one's brest with an eye liner? some big arrow or something..... classic...(were nice ones too :) )

• Advertisement

ahhh i just remembered, neil video taped that !!!! legend :D

all the pics of me that i've seen from the weekend i look ****ed..........roller blading around the party houses, on those lethal tiled floors.... hrmm glad i didn't do as much damage as the guy on the skateboard...he ****ed himself up...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ian: i've got a zoom shot of your wans chest actually - i was watching it today and you can spot how hammered i am at the time cus the footage gets more breast related and the camera starts going ****ing EVERYWHERE.

crash_000 wrote:
    Ian: i've got a zoom shot of your wans chest actually - i was watching it today and you can spot how hammered i am at the time cus the footage gets more breast related and the camera starts going ****ing EVERYWHERE.
    I'd love to see that video. The bit where Ian's horrendously drunk, that is. (Yeah that'll cover things up nicely)

legend, legend, legend...

O and Phil/fade ye missed one of the best surf trips ever.... Tom was around drink'n bucky at 8am yesterday.... Spud/Sam was drink'n sugar(huge ammounts of sugar, more like a paste..), vodka and tea concotion by about half 10..... Hyper as **** he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 combat_sombo

yes you are.

Dear Trinity Hall maintenance staff,

I realise that when you have a large number of hormonal teenagers gathered together, friskiness can be a problem (for you wrinkly old people that is, we're just fine with it, thanks). I understand that you feel the need to take measures to prevent this. If you choose to put potassium nitrate in our water I'll support you, if it means you'll TURN THE GODDAMN HOT WATER ON AGAIN. I am sick of the cold showers, really. I can't even summon the rage to write a proper rant here. I mean, yeah, my hair's been extra-silky lately, but my blue, be-goosepimpled skin really doesn't complement it. You know there's something wrong when the bathroom is colder after you get out of the shower than when you went in. I'm sure it works as a water-and-energy saving measure, but seeing as I paid nearly €600 on TOP of the ridiculously high rent for my utilities, I expect to get my money's worth. So please, I know you can find it in your heart to do this for me.

love,
    a very cold and shivering Pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Are you sure you weren't out in the rain?

No. I wish I'd thought of that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Serenity wrote:
    O and Phil/fade ye missed one of the best surf trips ever.... Tom was around drink'n bucky at 8am yesterday.... Spud/Sam was drink'n sugar(huge ammounts of sugar, more like a paste..), vodka and tea concotion by about half 10..... Hyper as **** he was

cheers for that Seren, thanks for reminding me, that while im stuck here in belgium, after being arrested this wekend, i also missed "the best surf trip ever".

****in ***** the lot of ye's and no doubt

fade wrote:
    cheers for that Seren, thanks for reminding me, that while im stuck here in belgium, after being arrested this wekend, i also missed "the best surf trip ever".
    Haha what ye get arrested for?
    ****in ***** the lot of ye's and no doubt
    You going to be back for the next one in 2/3 weeks? they are trying to get 3 in before xmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

nothin much other than being accused by some little punk that i robbed a jacket (i was sitting on it, without realising it), so they call the ****in cops and i spent half the night/morning sitting in a cop shop. should of heard the ****e my mate was giving them, hilarious. at one stage i hear him shouting out " no, im not having my picture taken, i know how this works, in six months ill come back to this country and you'll use the photo to frame me for murder! im not having my picture taken!"

and as for the surf trip, it depends on a)work, b)timing c)location d)who is goin. but im hopefull, my company still owes me a paid trip home, up to $500. sweet

It's gone 5 o'clock, and it's dark. Bah.

Also, I haven't walked up Grafton Street since Monday, but I know there will be lots of christmas decorations everywhere. Bah, christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

no appetite today for some reason, had a bag of peanuts and a crunchie and my breckfast, could only eat half my dinner.

i must have the metabolism of a mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    i must have the metabolism of a mouse
    I thought you were health science, don't mice have ridiculous metabolisms? Like they have to eat twice their bodyweight of food a day or something?

well they eat high energy foods and burn it up really fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

Here Serenity, care to explain what relevence this reply you made has with my post? It's from the "Best-Looking Faculty/School/Vice-Deanery/Department" thread which you have since locked so I thought I'd post it here instead.
    Serenity wrote:
    (She's in health science you ass...)

i dunno if i have to explain it given the context of this :
    wayfarer wrote:
    snorlax wrote:
    health science probably has the most girls...
    As every gentleman will tell you, its qualtiy not quantity...
    ...given the fact she's in health science.. Emm well....I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

A short rant about the library:

2 weeks ago I went in to query why two books I need for my thesis and which were published last year in the UK weren't in the library. I was told that 1 had been claimed and was sitting somewhere in Santry but hadn't been catalogued - but that they'd get it catalogued for me within a week. The other one had been claimed but hadn't been sent out to them and "we don't chase them up unless we're asked to by a member of staff." Now I realise the library is horrendously understaffed at the moment, but really, what's the point of having a copyright library if they're not going to get all the books they're entitled to?
    So anyway. This morning I went in and called up some stuff from Santry, including the book I'd requested which had appeared on the online catalogue. I went in this evening and out of the 5 things I'd called up, one was a journal which they didn't have the specific year for, one was the wrong volume of a journal, and the book which I'd requested a fortnight ago and which had appeared in the online catalogue was for some reason "not yet in Santry." So out of a grand total of 5 requests I got 2 books. Grr.
    end rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 combat_sombo

omg you're such a scholar.

• Advertisement

i am actually in health science but im brain dead and snowed under with college work at the mo so i might not make much sense.
    i spent fours trying to design a retirement plan today..god i hate the library, and iv three essays due in5 weeks :(....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement