Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Serenity wrote:
    for all da surfers on here(we are growing in number).... next surf trip (after this weekend) should be on the 2nd of dec by the looks....
    Tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

fencing is on a t 5pm today, main sports hall, everyone should come :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Moan - I was the ONLY person who showed up at the UCD beers today. :mad:

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i think lowest turn out to any tcd boards beers is 3....all AS's fault though......

i was there which reminds me we should probably organise the pre christmas beers, has to be on friday either weeks 6,7,8 as people will be busy week 9 a the pav

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Moan - I was the ONLY person who showed up at the UCD beers today. :mad:

Unbelievable.
    Nah you weren't, you just buggered off before waiting for the rest of us to turn up.

Peachypants, B_K_Dzr, orangerooster, and myself.
    Ok, granted, it's not the biggest turn-out for a boards beers ever, but ya know... We were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I appreciate English may not be your first or even your second language. I appreciate that immunology is a complicated matter. I appreciate that not much is known about JNKs in microglia so a lot of ground work needs to be done. However PLEASE learn to ****ing present your results in some meaningfull way. PLEASE in future papers don't write one thing in the results and the OPPOSITE in the discussion. PLEASE learn to include all your methods in the ****ing paper. I had journal club today and it was so ****ing stressful because I had the journal article from hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ugh. I HATE being sick. Especially the fuzzy-headedness part. I feel like ****.

the water fountain in James. doesn't work properly and the water tastes of metal.

the common room isnt pretty when all the nurses/ therapists are trying to squeeze into it at once. people we're sitting all along the corridors today because there was knowwhere for them to sit down yet there's a completely un-used staff room twice the size of our common room just beside it and we're not able to get in because it uses some kind of code.
    i must try and figure out how to get in.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

just pm indy for the code

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    all the nurses/ therapists are trying to squeeze into it at once
    :D

oh teh spandex!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

:D
    I concur. day trip to james's Ronan? :D

it's all women... they're are no fellas, the ones we do have are mature students, gay or the odd in-demand straight guy, not many meds around either.. and we all have to squish together on the couches.

and today two nurses vaulted over a couch and knicked the seats we we're heading for....:(...at this rate we're going to have to talk tactics, what happened to student rebellion, oh yes i remember now we get bribed off with cheap coffee and tons of chocolate....hmm i know the code has 4 numbers and the numbers include 0-9 so that means if each has an equal probability of occuring there is 10x10x10x10 or 10,000 possible number combinations.
    maybe if i stuck nail varnish over all of the numbers and which ever numbers get worn down first are obviously part of the code and i could limit the probability to 4x4x4x4 or 256 combinations, anyone any better solutions, i doubt indy has the code.....

watch someone else type it in?

but nobody ever goes into it that's the thing. i bet half the staff don't even know the code. how could i not make it obvious if i was watching them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

My Rant:
    I HATE being sick. The doc in college says I cant come back till to college til after christmas....a months bed rest at home in cra-ppy kerry and I cant drink for 3 months!!! Damn my stupid liver.

claireoby wrote:
    My Rant:
    I HATE being sick. The doc in college says I cant come back till to college til after christmas....a months bed rest at home in cra-ppy kerry and I cant drink for 3 months!!! Damn my stupid liver.
    Really? Wow, how did that happen?

I've feckin glandular fever thats affected my liver...mild hepatitis...only bed rest will cure it.(and no drink or fags or fatty foods...feck i have no life now!) I'm really really upset. like really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

claireoby wrote:
    I've feckin glandular fever thats affected my liver...mild hepatitis...only bed rest will cure it.(and no drink or fags or fatty foods...feck i have no life now!) I'm really really upset. like really.

Ooooh, glandular fever, you poor thing. :(

I had that as well. I saw the first half of lots of videos and kept falling asleep in the middle of conversations. Do take it very easy and don't try and push yourself too hard when you do begin to get your energy back.

Hepatitis? I hope you're not too yellow. :p

• Advertisement

Oh wow. That really does suck, and makes me feel like a big whingebag for moaning about a cold..

But, think about it, it's coming up to exam time, so you're not going to miss a whole lot socially. You'll also get allowances made for you.. And yes you're going to be stuck at home, but at Christmastime, which probably isn't much different to your previous plans. It's not like you're gonna be stuck in bed on a sunny day - it's winter, it'll be cold and dark and wet!

...and this is the time of year that there's good stuff on the telly.

Yep...
    What would Pamela Anderson be without her boobs?

Paris Hilton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

claireoby wrote:
    Wow sorry for that claire. Yeah you gotta be really careful with the old glandular fever, especially when it can aggravate another illness like that. I suggest guilting your parents into buying you entire series of things on dvd to keep you entertained and happy. It does take a good chunk out of your year but once you're all better and healthy for a while you'll forget you ever had it.
    Cheer up :) You get to chill out for a month or so. I wish I had that right now, hectic hectic stress stress study. So many things on my plate I sometimes feel like screaming out "JUST FKUC OFF EVERYBODY" in public. So savour it, cos everyday life is mostly just work..

i hear you ape. while on the subject of ranting, wtf can't i sleep?!?!?!? and, when i do get to sleep, wtf can't i stay asleep? i keep having strange dreams and waking up with the duvet kicked off the bed.

claire, this site could be useful for your enforced couch time

http://www.dvdrentals.ie/

Dead Ed wrote:
    Thank **** I'm in fourth year so I don't have to put up with the metalflake pink/purple effort that'll no doubt grace the **** things next year. bastards.
    I heard platinum:D

Thanks for all the advice everyone and cuckoo--that dvd rental site looks cool! will definately be renting off that site. I'll wait til i get more energy though...yeah if I do anything for an hour, I have to sleep for three hours to make up for it! I'm just upset that i wont see my friends in college for so long. And i'm mad i got sick. grrrr.....but i'll get used to it.

claireoby wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice everyone and cuckoo--that dvd rental site looks cool! will definately be renting off that site. I'll wait til i get more energy though...yeah if I do anything for an hour, I have to sleep for three hours to make up for it! I'm just upset that i wont see my friends in college for so long. And i'm mad i got sick. grrrr.....but i'll get used to it.
    I vote we have a big welcome back party for Claire after Christmas, when she's better. With punch and pretzels.
    But at least while you're stuck indoors, you can spend more time on boards and we can keep you up to date on what's going on in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I second. except replace "punch and pretzels" with "beer and dodgy kebabs"

• Advertisement

so very very tired....

Got bloody work tonight, i HATE that place!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement