Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

uhh don't believe so :)

*notes never to stand on dec's clothes*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Man I would completely lose the rag. Seriously, my brother did that to me once and I held him by the throat against a wall. I go ballistic if people stand on my clothes in my room if they're on the floor too.. Just one of those things I need to warn people about cos may very well knock one of their teeth out otherwise.

Well if I'd caught her in the act, it would have been a kick in the pissflaps for that twatwaffle. Alas, I only saw her arrive in to check on it while I was there, but I gave her the frowning of a lifetime, and she responded by looking like a kicked spaniel and refusing to make eye contact. Passive-aggressive, but aggressive. It's the lazyman's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Happened earlier this evening but here it is.

Decided to go to see the new Harry Potter, so off we went to the UGC or whatever the **** thing is known as these days. Grabbed a leaflet to see that there was a show on at 9.00. It was now 8.45. Grand!
    So we queue up for tickets and the bloody thing is sold out, as are all showings for the whole night!

Walked all the way up O'Connell Street for nothing.:mad:

That's the northside for you. one great big disappointment.

(i am a traitor and I will punish myself accordingly. no, not that way, you naughty little piggy.)

Okay. That is IT. I have had ENOUGH of cold showers. I was washing my hair, all lathered up and such, and the water went cold. Not, gentle tropical rain cold, but icy antarctic blue-lips cold. And I had to rinse my hair in it. I am now shivering and numb. Goddamnit. Here comes one very, very, very pissed off letter to T-Hall maintenance.

• Advertisement

• You gotta love it when some ignorant **** decides to take your clean clothes out of the machine (so they can use it, not 5 minutes after it finishes) and dump them on the floor. I was tempted to piss into the machine out of sheer nastiness..

Yay for public laundrettes and the ensuing drama..

What is the etiquette for halls laundry rooms anyway? I always wondered last year, cos there were never enough machines, and this problem inevitably cropped up. I was always reluctant to take peoples stuff out and put it on top of the washer (NOT on the floor) but at the same time I think its really ignorant of people to leave their washing in ages when they know loads of people are waiting. I've literally seen people waiting for half an hour after a machine has finished for the owner of the washing to come back, which is ridiculous.

What's the time limit for waiting before you take the clothes out? I'd normally wait 5-10 minutes after arriving, assuming the washer had likely finished some time before that, and then take them out. I always feel like the person is going to be p*ssed off, but logically I have every right. You pay for one wash, not to hog the washer all afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

Eight days in bed now....starting to miss interaction with people my age. Chatting with my mother just isnt the same. Not extremely bored yet...that glory hole thread is keeping me quite entertained...:D

Annalise Inexpensive Seeker-on laundry room etiquette--well i wait ten minutes and if no one has come then i empty it and put it into their bag they've left on top...so no guilt!! but i dont like touching peoples underwear...i'm always back on time so that no one goes through my things!! If anyone put my clothes on the floor though....:mad:

Dead Ed wrote:
    This made me angry:
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=53&si=1511574&issue_id=13310
    Imagine being so much of a c-nt as to take the time of day to get offended at a visual description of a 15 year old girl, noting key features such as length of hair and colour of eyes. I feel we should ethnically cleanse these cuntfaces before they destroy the country with their shockedness and appalledness (that's latin, that is)
    I don't have a subscription, give us the gist of it?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Its Free To Join

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Claire - i hope you're getting lots of TLC. and glossy magazines, they'd suit your current attention span very well. there's always the phone in shows on the radio, gerry ryan is suitable brainless to doze in and out of.

Trinity Hall ppl - i am so surprised that there's no baskets in the laundry for putting other ppls clothes in, and also for the crucial wet clothes to dryer transport. isn't there a trinity hall student committee or something to agitate for stuff like that?

my rant - the cold. my flat is like that ice hotel that crazy people spend big money to stay in, somewhere in finland or somewhere. last night i went to bed wearing a hat. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

cuckoo wrote:
    Claire - i hope you're getting lots of TLC. and glossy magazines, they'd suit your current attention span very well. there's always the phone in shows on the radio, gerry ryan is suitable brainless to doze in and out of.

When the doc sent me home, he prescribed "rest and TLC." thought TLC was a kinda funny thing for a doc to prescribe...at the time i was just like give me some feckin drugs!!!!!! Am feelin much better now though.
    Yeah...read cosmo...on to heat now...I am catching up on celeb juicy gossip and the latest fashion trends.And the soaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i knew i would regret not listening to those people who said that class rep was lots of thankless work. i could have possibly survived the thankless work but the near abusive emails and the glars over the party are doing my head in. there are 3 other reps!!!! bully them too.

:( gernerally bummed out and have once and for all discovered that i do not like coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Right.. I think I actually really have something to moan about now. Being mugged :mad: But it happened in such an odd way it was kinda surreal.

Okay /me drunk as usual in the wee hours of a saturday morning. Except this time I'm sleeping in the backseat of my car when there's a perfectly good bed very near to me as I'm parked outside my mate's flat in stoneybatter.
    Next thing I remember there's a chap leaning through the passenger seat window (that was previously closed). He's endearing me to give him money or something, I'm not quite sure. I took this in my stride "yeah yeah whatever" and closed the window on him. The money endearer begins then to get himself worked up while I put my head down ready to snooze.

*WHACK

The man had his belt off and was smacking the metal end against the window. Lovely.. Oh well he seems to be giving up and going home. Hmm.. he's coming back and what's he doing with that big red fire extinguisher?

*SMASH

Right I'm covered in glass. There's no back window and a fucking junkie is again asking for all my money this time. I ho-hummed and gave him all the 7 euro I had and he scarpered. Luckily the booze had me fairly indifferent to the whole incident. If I was sober I'd say I woulda shat myself.

Sitting there, in glass, looking for my phone. About 4 garda cars pull up get out and tell me to get the hell out of the car. A quick explanation later, half them drive off and a couple of them hide behind a wall whilst ringing my phone and pretending to be me looking to buy it back. Even through the inebriated haze I was pretty damn impressed. Unfortunately the thief turned out to be a liar also and did not return inspite of what he said.

So the garda have the car and the extinguisher. I'm going to pick it up now. The car that is, not the exinguisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I dont know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you. I hate this ****ing city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

God, that's really bad. Hope you're doing okay.

Any idea where the extinguisher came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

USI Congress today was so annoyingly annoying.:mad:
    EduMyth knows what I'm talking about.

Aggghhhh.........:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Myth do you know some called Ollie in year? or Clom/ Lowry in the year below?

on a seperate note my ex BF turned up on my doorstop last thursday and wanted to talk :(...1 year on...

Yeah, Ollie. Sound guy! Not exactly my year anymore...

And today was easy mr. beef - try 4 days of motions from 9 to 9, that's the main USI Congress!

Anyways, I'm ranting 'cos I was hoping to get these fecking Council minutes completed earlier on and go to my mates 21st, but that didn't really happen. On the plus side, I got him the second Sin City book, which is cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My girlfriend's been avoiding me the last few weeks, and when I logged onto MSN just there she suddenly went offline. No biggie but... Gettin that premonitory sinking feelin in the stomach:

I'm gonna get dumped very soon*

F**k.

*Unless I dump her first, but I never do that no matter how bad a relationship is, cos basically I'm a masochist.

• Advertisement

heh, 7 euro..serves him right. My friend was walking along the Liffey boardwalk, when some scummer just punched him in the face and broke his nose and demanded his wallet. He got €5..
    Someone attempted to mug me while I was sitting down on the benches on the boardwalk in the middle of the day in May with hundreds of people around..but I just got up and walked away before he could do anything (actually walked, it's not like he was gonna run after me with all the people around..)

ahh.... about to head to first fencing comptition after only 8 classes!

I have so much **** to do today, and I don't want to. Boohoo to being almost 20 and having responsibility!

*is not looking forward to turning 20*

Kid*, you can take it from me, this sh*t only gets worse.

* Why am I calling you kid, I'm only 10 months older... My pomposity's comin' to the fore again, clearly...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

met up with my ex-girlfriend the other day - quite surreal - first time in 3 months and we got along really well and ended up chatting about the weird things that have happened since we went out and how our lovelives were since. was good. mentally cleansing.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

And today was easy mr. beef - try 4 days of motions from 9 to 9, that's the main USI Congress!
    What was easy about it!!!
    Seriously though. Who goes to the real USI conference??? Is it an elected Delegates things. does it happen during college Hol-ee-days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

crash_000 wrote:
    met up with my ex-girlfriend the other day - quite surreal - first time in 3 months and we got along really well and ended up chatting about the weird things that have happened since we went out and how our lovelives were since. was good. mentally cleansing.
    Had one of those "Clear the air" chats myself there on Friday, after many many pints at a mutual friend's birthday.
    Only seems to happen when we're both locked. Always intend on meeting up during the day after and have a proper talk, but that never seems to follow through.:(

well my ex is a complete and utter muppet, he spent an hour talking about his new vw golf and harping on about wages and how much i was going to be making and SHyt. some men are so competitive it's unreal, i think he has some kind of inferiority complex with me.

well i told him i won't be going to his 21st in light of my fencing competition today......and to turn up at my actual house with even calling!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Sutck in the POXY clean room bored out of my tree, and the dam machine wont work properly.
    **** mess of a weekend.

**** final year project and the stresses it involves, dam work load , and a load of **** holes keep on booking the machine all day so I cant work , outa slit open their faces and spit in the hole i leave behind , cant they see i have to work and get a good grade.

Well okay for 2 months I may have sat on my hole and watched video and messing in chat rooms trying to **** people over to limited sucess. WHAT ABOUT ME .

Ugh need some drugs to ease the demons.

When I am home I may avail of the free mental help in TCD . This place is making me mental over here.

My spouts of irratisim and loosing grip on reality are getting more frequent and disturbing.

Apex you may have seen m go mental once or twice in the buttery but jesus , its like im on LSD sometimes , was ina bar and I could switch on and off making the chairs and floor turn into a meadow with rabbits and hares with buttercups.

Maybe more drugs is not a good idea!!!

Good day to u lot.

Some rant

• Advertisement

Ooh ooh, that reminds me...

I'm back on anti-depressants for the first time in 4 years. Marvellous.

Dunno what the f**k is wrong with me anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement