Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

What was easy about it!!!
    Seriously though. Who goes to the real USI conference??? Is it an elected Delegates things. does it happen during college Hol-ee-days?

Will be on the 20th of March until the 23rd or the 24th. People will get elected just like they did at last Council.
    Pet wrote:
    Boohoo to being almost 20 and having responsibility!

*is not looking forward to turning 20*

Yeah, when I turned 20, all hell broke loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ooh ooh, that reminds me...

I'm back on anti-depressants for the first time in 4 years. Marvellous.

Dunno what the f**k is wrong with me anymore.

are you upset about your gf? spend as much time around around people who care about you/ make you laugh and plenty of exercise/ time doing things you enjoy. a break is also good once in a while if something stresses you out.

i also hope you coming to the beers on the 3rd Sebilicious :)!.....

ps hope everything goes well for you

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

20 worst birthday , no longer a teenager , no longer an irrsponsible kid with qiurky traits.

Wake up realise that no more excuses ( student is the only one left) have to coem to terms slowly at night time that death is creepin up and even though u try to ignore it at night time just before slumber hit all of a sudden ur funeral is planned with all the fire and midgets (no matter what they do its funny FACT) and the 2001 a space oddity song ,
    and u realise that hey **** it , ill show them then your knee gives way and the old age problem kicks you square in the balls again and laughs.

**** constant forward progression of time. Screw u and all u stand for some day you will die aswell but nobody will be here to realise that Entropy is our ruler

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

im 19 in a week. i'm definitely an adult now. its so freaky. i dont want to ever be 20. 20 is gonna freak me out.

ill be 21 in 4months, won't stop me from making it one of the best years. your as young as you want to be

• Advertisement

Tell that to the bouncers...

i never get bothered by bouncers, mostly i just smile and they let me in, id or not, being polite gets you places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

25 is one of the worst birthdays, because suddenly when you're filling in forms you've stopped being 18-24 and are now in with the 25-34. Sometimes it's even the 25-40 bracket. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Meh, birthdays are only numbers. Once you're happy and enjoying life who cares how old you are?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

EduMyth wrote:

Hit Puberty?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I didn't know what was going on down there.

This is Fuzzy Bunny. About a year ago, he noticed his voice was changing, he had terrible acne, and had fur where there was no fur before.

:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

How so?
    20 worst birthday , no longer a teenager , no longer an irrsponsible kid with qiurky traits.

Wake up realise that no more excuses ( student is the only one left) have to coem to terms slowly at night time that death is creepin up and even though u try to ignore it at night time just before slumber hit all of a sudden ur funeral is planned with all the fire and midgets (no matter what they do its funny FACT) and the 2001 a space oddity song ,
    and u realise that hey **** it , ill show them then your knee gives way and the old age problem kicks you square in the balls again and laughs.

**** constant forward progression of time. Screw u and all u stand for some day you will die aswell but nobody will be here to realise that Entropy is our ruler

Stop, you're making it worse. :(

It's really scary. I mean, I don't feel 20. I'm a stupid, ridiculous, immature teenager and I intend to stay like that as long as possible, I don't want to be *20*. God.

In other news, all the great towering piles of **** To Do on my desk have not been touched; I wasted the day hanging around and drinking. Fun, but not productive..

I dragged my laptop All the way into College, and my lecturer wasnt in to see my Wonderfull Video of me Signing My story about snow and the snowman....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

moan/ I have a pain in my stomach that feels like a ball of lead the size of a laptop weighing me down, and it's so bad I can't eat. I've had it 3 days.

Question: How long does it take somebody to starve to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

SebtheBum wrote:
    moan/ I have a pain in my stomach that feels like a ball of lead the size of a laptop weighing me down, and it's so bad I can't eat. I've had it 3 days.

Question: How long does it take somebody to starve to death?
    Without water, it takes about 4 days to die. With water, you can last around 50 days. I know in my town a few years ago a group of women who took an oath to starve themselves lasted 38-42 days in their house before they died :(.

But a fully fit young male would last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I know in my town a few years ago a group of women who took an oath to starve themselves lasted 38-42 days in their house before they died :(.
    What kind of weird oath is that?
    I had an oath to be the best damn fireman ever and we all now how that turned out. But honestly shouldn't someone have done something about that?

I always wanted to be a shopkeeper.....

I always wanted to be a shopkeeper.....

And you were. Briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Without water, it takes about 4 days to die. With water, you can last around 50 days. I know in my town a few years ago a group of women who took an oath to starve themselves lasted 38-42 days in their house before they died :(.
    Wtf!? When was this? Ok just googled it, how come I never heard of this? Very strange circumstances altogether. They couldn't have been mentally balanced

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    And you were. Briefly.

yeah.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Wtf!? When was this? Ok just googled it, how come I never heard of this? Very strange circumstances altogether. They couldn't have been mentally balanced
    linkage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

the hunger strikers from Northern Ireland lasted a heck of a long time. One guy lasted 73 days:

Bobby Sands, 66 days
    Francis Hughes, 59 days
    Patsy O’Hara, 61 days
    Raymond McCreesh, 61 days
    Joe McDonnell, 61 days
    Martin Hurson, 46 days
    Kevin Lynch, 71 days
    Kieran Doherty, 73 days
    Thomas McElwee, 62 days
    Michael Devine, 60 days

crash_000 wrote:
    linkage?
    http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2001/01/18/current/ipage_25.htm
    Written horribly but the info is there..

If you have a subscription the indo's article is a little easier on the eyes:
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=343180&issue_id=3732

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

i work in a toy shop and its coming up to christmas...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

you know what really wrecks my head. When your in the library and some special case goes to the jacks or whatever and leaves their phone on the table. Low and belhold, someone rings them, leaving their phone humming away on the desk with no-one knowing whether to do smoething about it or not.

Stupid idiots leaving their phone on the table eitherway. I mean you wouldn't leave a 200eur note on the table now would you?

EUR200.jpg

So why do you leave your phone there you complete twat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Dead Ed wrote:
    Don't get caught though. I hear murder is frowned upon these days.
    That's just a vicious rumour...

Massacre away, you'll be grand

just eatten 3 scoops of ben and jerry's, bag of peanuts, a glass of cider and some lovely egg fried rice and fried mushrooms in my friend's house, you gotta love the student diet...

sick stomach now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

Bought some fairy lights today to decorate my room...got them in Dunnes right...not too cheap. So i plugged em in and they didnt work. So I went through the tedious task of changing all 120 lightbulbs incase one of them had blown. This took me well over an hour....and they still dont work after all that effort!!I am returning them tomorrow!!!!!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement