Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I don't fancy the prospect of being permanently on the list! I can see it happening and all! Or is it two random names, no "loser stays on"?

Hehe might just ask to join that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus. Why didn't she just run him over?

I've yet to see people smoking crack down the back of buses, I guess I must be quite sheltered..the Luas is free from that sort of ****e though, thankfully.

In other news, I'm ****ing plagued..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I apologise, i made a mistake. my original guess as to what he was smoking, on further research, seems to have been right. it was only Heroin.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I apologise, i made a mistake. my original guess as to what he was smoking, on further research, seems to have been right. it was only Heroin.

yes cause That so much better......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm going to unimaginatively join the ranting hordes about people smoking anything on the bus. Got into a row with two guys on the bus home from work yesterday when i asked them to stop smoking some really rank smelling hash. At least i had someone to take out my bad, work-related mood on...

Ape, just grit your teeth and think of the marks awarded for all this career stuff we have to do.

And, i'm also annoyed at myself for not getting much (if any) study done this week - work think they're doing me a favour by lashing on the overtime but i'm shattered tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

gahh supposed to start applying for jobs n crap...ffs talk about gehyness, i don't even know what i wanna do n i'm supposed to apply to do it?

reeks of effort....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm sittin here in the Daedalus in Belfield, posting on boards when I should be writing/typing up a 1,500-word essay I had to hand in exactly 2 weeks ago.

I have typed up 93 words.

I am in Final Year.

I am screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

good luck with that Seb, i just handed in all mine today. i just went ice skating and fell three times, so many scremaing kids... my arm is killing me don't know what way i landed on it..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

You not supposed to know all the bones in the arm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

SebtheBum wrote:
    I'm sittin here in the Daedalus in Belfield, posting on boards when I should be writing/typing up a 1,500-word essay I had to hand in exactly 2 weeks ago.

I have typed up 93 words.

I am in Final Year.

I am screwed.

For a minute I was thinking "2 weeks? That's plenty of time to do a 1500 word essay. What a whiny maggot!" and then I actually read the post "Oh, 2 weeks ago! That's a different kettle of fish altogether!"

• Advertisement

GAHHHHHRGHHHGHGHGRRRR.

I just lost €50, that was birthday money, which was going to be used to buy food cos I'm broke.

I was in M&S waiting to buy some decent (non-pasta-related) food, and it must have slipped out of my hand before the till. When I went to look for it it was gone, so someone obviously spotted their chance. Good to see the Christmas spirit is alive and well.

Add to the above experience the fact that I'm tired, sick, cranky and have had a generally **** day, and you'll understand perfectly what I mean when I say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I want blood for this.

Roro, just a little something to cheer you up: Marc is alive! The Fury of Tim are complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

It's the effing christmas season and there's no good films on the telly tonight. I know it's a Saturday night, but there are a few of us out here in tv licence paying land (yeah, i bought a tv licence) who want to watch something other than the x factor. And sports.

Ok, correction, there's nothing good on the 4 channels i have - channel 4 have 'good will hunting', which is ok.

The first day i get off work early, and all i want to do is sit on my warm couch, eat pasta, write christmas cards and watch some telly. Right, i'm off to xtravision, hopefully they'll have something worth watching...

*rant, rant, rant*

my computers crashed so am stuck in tcd at the mo, maybe offline for a few days.

My "day of study" has been so very, very productive.

NOT.

I actually amazed myself today. The lengths I will go to so as not to study are incredible. I defrosted the freezer. I hoovered behind my bed. I "altered" my CV. I catalogued my CD collection (thank you for the suggestion, John2).

I got about ten minutes of study done. Most of which was the first chapter of Campbell's Biology (which, for all you non-biological scientists out there, is mostly waffle).

Anyone in the vicinity is free to come and kick my ass for me. I would include a bonus Exhibitionist Girl viewing session, but she packed up her **** and went home, unfortunately.

Alternatively, some kind of cure for CP (chronic procrastination) would be muchly appreciated. I can pay you in now-improvedly-frozen food, a more streamlined CV or 146 CD's (including a newly-discovered Aqua album, which I'm going to give away anyhow).

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

USI are down to five officer on their officer board.

Ruth the Dep Pres, and Charlie the LGBTRO have confirmed their resignations.
    Its a sad day for USI to have lost three excellent officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It's a sad day for USI when none of the colleges in the country can decide how things should be done. At least the fact that they've resigned will bring some attention to USI and maybe people will realise that everything needs to be reassessed from the ground up. I say fair play to them resigning.

i agree. but even still its dangerous waters for USI. i think it took a lot of courage for them to do what they did, hopefully we will see some real change though.

That's what the working review group were set up for (to assess whether any change will come about and if not whether TCD should stay in the union)
    I for one would not like to see us leave.

we... we could Leave it......

• Advertisement

USI are down to five officer on their officer board.

Ruth the Dep Pres, and Charlie the LGBTRO have confirmed their resignations.
    Aren't you only JF? How on earth do ya know/care so much about hackety hackery already?!

Feeling threatened?

Aren't you only JF? How on earth do ya know/care so much about hackety hackery already?!
    Considering yourself last year, he's still got a good bit to go before he reaches your level.

I was expecting comments amounting to as much. I asked him a fair enough question. Rev up...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ah now, enda was CSC hackery. SU hackery is a totally different rating system.

Ah now, enda was CSC hackery. SU hackery is a totally different rating system.

Enda has his fingers in many pies, each more savoury than the last. Apart from the very last one which is as sour as a very sour thing.

John2 wrote:
    Enda has his fingers in many pies, each more savoury than the last. Apart from the very last one which is as sour as a very sour thing.
    You're hardly one to talk: Mr. Class Rep for Four Years-in-a-row and Mr. Chairman of a large society. :v:.

i was a special congress delegate. and i do be talking to the sabbats regularly. class rep and all that.
    i like to keep abreast (hehe) of things. i am also generally concerned with the amount of money spent on USI. God knows 64,000 euro could do a lot around college.

and no i am not a hack. there is no glory in being involved with the SU its all work and headaches and trying to get what you need for your students. I cant imagine people who go into it for glory or for fun. or at least i think so. maybe i am niave.

fixed my computer but lost loads of my files, thankfully i had all my college work backed up, but lost all my pictures/ music/ my website-in-the making. windows is evil, i wish there was better software available.

• Advertisement

/me wispers in snorlax's ear

LINUX!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement