Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i just ate a whole pile of mussels and they're making my stomach turn :(...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

snorlax wrote:
    i just ate a whole pile of mussels and they're making my stomach turn :(...

Don't say that, I've loads of mussels in the fridge for my dinner tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i ****ing LOVE mussels.

i ****ing LOVE mussels.

Have you been to the Bretagne region in France? Any self respecting lover of mussels (in the gastronomic sense) must visit at least once a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

F**k all men.:mad:

sorry. am angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Some men are scum. Try not to let that taint your dealings with other men

wtf am I doing up this late?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Some men are scum.
    Whereas most women are scum.

Sorry, I'm always angry

we're not all that bad, *hugs Apex...there's always going to go bad egg / a few dodgy ones, both male and female, the challenge is finding someone whom you fancy and you get on with :)....as the relationship probably won't last otherwise..if it was easy finding someone we probably wouldn't appreciate it as much when we do :)

John2; cook them in white wine and garlic and drain off any liquid they're in as it makes them smell and taste a bit dodgy when they're cooked. you could also try tomatoes, garlic and basil, or just pour tomato soup over them to flavour them..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I too love mussels, and haved loved perhaps too many men, a fraction of which were barstewards, and have naturally probably treated some of those men poorly too. Such is life.

Actually, mussels are an analogy for the quest for The One - most mussels are really nice, but all it takes is one dodgy one to make you feel like crap and put you off mussels for a while.

they do both taste good with white wine i'm not sure about the garlic though!;)

• Advertisement

Don't worry ladies, I'm well versed in the ways of seafood preparation. My girlfriend's dad is a proper fishmonger (not a guy at a fishcounter in Superquinn, I'm talking going to live in Geneva for a year to learn the art) so my mussels are very fresh, very nice and I've plenty of recipes here. If there's one thing I respect it's my tummy. Which is why it's well insulated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

John goddamnit, now i want mussels. and you need the white wine/garlic concoction for dipping after.

also, the award for most in any way innuendous comment snorlax has ever made has to go to that last post :p

John2 wrote:
    My girlfriend's dad is a proper fishmonger (not a guy at a fishcounter in Superquinn, I'm talking going to live in Geneva for a year to learn the art)
    Isn't switzerland land-locked?

Only time I went there was to visit it's lovely big hadron collider, which was closed at the time :mad:
    John2 wrote:
    so my mussels are very fresh,
    Why I got an image of you kissing your biceps just there I'm not entirely sure..

Some men are scum. Try not to let that taint your dealings with other men

Prehaps I should just say all the men I've met are scum, therefore giving me not the most optimistic view on men in general. Well definately at 4 in the morning my outlook on men was not so rosey. They are so mean! :( I'm waiting for just one to show me a morsel of respect. Thats my rant...if i go on about it anymore it'll just turn into another PI!

I've never tried mussels...any good restaurants in Dublin to get them?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Isn't switzerland land-locked?

It is but there's Lake Geneva which is pretty big. You have me wondering now why he went to Geneva though, and if it is a bad town for fish, how is he so good?

There's this beep beep thing going on in the lazer huts, it's doing my head in...

claireoby wrote:
    Prehaps I should just say all the men I've met are scum, therefore giving me not the most optimistic view on men in general. Well definately at 4 in the morning my outlook on men was not so rosey. They are so mean! :( I'm waiting for just one to show me a morsel of respect. Thats my rant...if i go on about it anymore it'll just turn into another PI!

try Salamander the tapas restaurant beside the tourist centre (they do them spainish style with tomatoes and you get a whole basket for only about 8eur :). if you work at it you can turn them inside out with just the power of the tongue muscles ;).

trust me nice men do exist, they may be hard to come by but i know they do exist :), maybe nightclubs / pubs aren't the places to look as they tend mainly be meat markets for hungry predators and half priced boob tubes;).

i suggest you watch planet of the apes tomorrow night and all will be explained :)..

EduMyth wrote:
    There's this beep beep thing going on in the lazer huts, it's doing my head in...
    Try studying in here all day. Or what about that chap on the phone with the really annoying voice?

Yeah that's right.. I only talk through computers.

snorlax wrote:
    i suggest you watch planet of the apes tomorrow night and all will be explained :)..

You lie! It's Sunday night.

http://entertainment.ie/TV/display.asp?cat=TV

And Dec, I think I worked with that guy with the annoying voice before. Trying to avoid eye contact. Oh crap, what if he reads boards?

[beep] [beep] [beep]...

migraines :(

bitch, moan, etc

• Advertisement

Oh cuckoo I've a picture I took on my phone that might cheer you up. I'll put it as my sig..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Eric_The_Great

John2 wrote:
    Don't worry ladies, I'm well versed in the ways of seafood preparation. My girlfriend's dad is a proper fishmonger (not a guy at a fishcounter in Superquinn, I'm talking going to live in Geneva for a year to learn the art) so my mussels are very fresh, very nice and I've plenty of recipes here. If there's one thing I respect it's my tummy. Which is why it's well insulated :D

oh that's what the smell of fish was coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Eric_The_Great

claireoby wrote:

May I direct you to a boards user named Crash_000 aka thegrinch_000? lovely guy, charming, intelligent, not totally ugly, give him a pm there's no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

i deliberatley picked the most inappropriate thread to say "HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL". this thread choice was also aided by my stinking drunkenness. Yay!*

*I do not condone excessive drinking.
    Unless you're in a drink driving ad.... that "hot" chick who looks disgustingly at his pint/keys is 30 stone!!! never drink and .....!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Oh cuckoo I've a picture I took on my phone that might cheer you up. I'll put it as my sig..

hee hee :D

thanks for that Ape, now all i need is for someone (someman?) to take a photo of the weird berkeley urinal and all my curiosity relating to men's toilets will be satisfied.

cuckoo wrote:
    and all my curiosity relating to men's toilets will be satisfied.

For now. There's bound to be some new horror/wonder that will rear its ugly/wonderful head at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dude, you're from KERRY. The best seafood in Ireland is to be had in Dingle, I recommend The Global Village, The Half Door, Doyles or Maire de Barra's. They do great mussels, with garlic sauce. So good.
    thanks for that Ape, now all i need is for someone (someman?) to take a photo of the weird berkeley urinal and all my curiosity relating to men's toilets will be satisfied.

Cuckoo, would you believe I've had a picture of that on my phone for weeks now? I never got the chance to upload it, so here you go:
    picture06751vd.jpg

And here's a picture of someone using it (some sneaky camerawork by me), just to allay any confusion:
    picture06769yc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Moan: money troubles. :(

I'm broke, I'm broke, I'm broke, in an "I don't know how I'm going to eat for the next month" kind of way. Fun.

And bitch to being overcharged/stealth charged by online retailers. I am going to make some phonecalls tomorrow and kick some serious (verbal) ass. Bitches should know better than to rip off a poor student!

Pet, thanks for posting those pictures! Weird looking indeed, with that grill thing the first thought that came into my mind was 'barbeque'.

To add to the moaning, i hab a colb. This is not my week at all...roll on the rest of 2006.

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Moan: money troubles. :(

I'm broke, I'm broke, I'm broke, in an "I don't know how I'm going to eat for the next month" kind of way. Fun.

Know exactly how you feel...:(

On a funny note...I was talking to your boxer stripping flatmate last night. He was out in Tralee. I knew he was in Trinity but I didnt know he lived up there. I got chatting to him and lets just say he was FREAKED out by all the information I knew.

Oh, I've never been to Dingle. In a kinda 'ya live in kerry all your life and never visit touristy places so close to home' way. One of my new years resolutions is to try mussels so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement