Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I passed out last night and hit my head... twice.

So even if I knocked some sense into myself the first time around, the second whack knocked it right back out again...

Maw.

Oh, and I ruined my fave jacket that I've worn constantly for 2 and a half years.

*tear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thanks for the happy new years text Seb. to cheer you up they've just stuck up a whole lot of photos up on the events thread(november beers ) and i think your in one of them :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I hate when favourite jackets tear/bracelets break/jeans rip/cd's scratch/pets die/deodorant runs out.

I'm far too sentimental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I hate when favourite jackets tear/bracelets break/jeans rip/cd's scratch/pets die/deodorant runs out.

I'm far too sentimental.

You just can't hack this life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

On a funny note...I was talking to your boxer stripping flatmate last night. He was out in Tralee. I knew he was in Trinity but I didnt know he lived up there. I got chatting to him and lets just say he was FREAKED out by all the information I knew.

Oh, I've never been to Dingle. In a kinda 'ya live in kerry all your life and never visit touristy places so close to home' way. One of my new years resolutions is to try mussels so.

Never been to Dingle!? Crazy! It's a great ould town, although completely overrun with tourists. Was boxer stripping flatmate drunk? He's quite a pisshead so my money's on yes.
    You just can't hack this life!

Hahahahahahaha. Nice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

Pet wrote:
    Never been to Dingle!? Crazy! It's a great ould town, although completely overrun with tourists. Was boxer stripping flatmate drunk? He's quite a pisshead so my money's on yes.

Well I have on many occassions tried to get out to Dingle for a Saturday night out but our lift always falls through. Bank Holidays out there are supposed to be deadly.

Was boxer stripping flatmate drunk? Am...not obviously drunk, but probably. He swooped in to light my cigarette. He told me though, he unfortunately has to give up the drink coz of the boxing...

I hope you didn't fall for his cheesy lines. The **** he spews to girls sometimes is unreal, and some of them just lap it up..

Dingle is really good on Bank Holidays and around Christmas, because everyone's home for the holidays and there's a really good atmosphere. Go out this Friday if you're still there and can get a lift (god knows taxis are a rip off).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I say we have a Trinity Boards Mussel-athon.

god i want to cook some mussels right now...cept i think i'll just run round to my parents in the pub and buy myself some pub grub. much too tired to cook like.

http://www.colleenkenny.com/images/GUNS.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

god i want to cook some mussels right now...cept i think i'll just run round to my parents in the pub and buy myself some pub grub. much too tired to cook like.

a boards seaside beers with mussels?! hmmm toasted mussels and guinness :)...im not going near sandymount that beach always reeks and mussels are filter feeders so whatevers in the water will be in them:(...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Right I get an email today, wednesday the 4th of January.. "A gentle reminder from the library". Okay grand.. I'll go on the web and renew it.

I try this and... nope it's due back yesterday!!!
    Library's closed now so I owe them a euro IF I come in tomorrow. You can ram that up your ghey overdue faulty email systems arse!

Where am I supposed to get a euro?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me taunts ApeXaviour with euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

grr lab reports suck!!!
    there was me thinking I had a nice easy experiment to write up, especially since the guy who put all his reports up on the net had done it...but did he go and answer the questions they ask in the lab? NO. so now I havent a fecking clue, even google was not my friend today. damn alpha particles :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

grr lab reports suck!!!
    there was me thinking I had a nice easy experiment to write up, especially since the guy who put all his reports up on the net had done it...but did he go and answer the questions they ask in the lab? NO. so now I havent a fecking clue, even google was not my friend today. damn alpha particles :mad:
    haha.

my arm hurts, i gave blood and now my arm is all brusied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

my arm hurts, i gave blood and now my arm is all brusied

But, you get to be part of that special, life saving club.

narky mode off: i think giving blood is a really important thing to do, and people who donate are great and allbut the ads promoting it on the telly are a bit crap

and i got free keyrings!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Right I get an email today, wednesday the 4th of January.. "A gentle reminder from the library". Okay grand.. I'll go on the web and renew it.

I try this and... nope it's due back yesterday!!!
    Library's closed now so I owe them a euro IF I come in tomorrow. You can ram that up your ghey overdue faulty email systems arse!

Where am I supposed to get a euro?

That happened to me before. The library staff didn't give a toss, apparently it's not their fault if the email doesn't work right, the student should know when the book is due back. Fair point but when the email thing works 99.9% of the time you stop thinking of when it's due and you think "The email knows all, it'll warn me in time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

the guy who put all his reports up on the net

Someone has put their physics lab reports on the internet? Tell me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dammit, Just lost my feckin usb thingy.
    I left it safely in a computer in the 24 reading room yesterday at about 3.30, and now it's gone. Who the hell would want a usb thingy?

What has the world come to that people will steal such a useless object (useless to them, but useful to me, seeing as my files are on it.)

If anyone sees one of these flash_usb_device_160x200_b_.jpeg with UCD Computing Services written on the side please let me know.

• Advertisement

I've become hooked on The Simple Life 3. Damn my friend for sucking me into it. It's trashy and silly and utter fluff, and Paris and Nicole are the biggest ditzes I've ever seen (rivalling even Jessica Simpson)...and yet, I can't stop watching it. It's hilarious. AHHHHHHH!

Do you love it?

UCD Computing Services written on the side please let me know.
    Uh huh, probally in some bin. What you doing with something that has that stamped on the side? been stealing stuff out in ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

been stealing stuff out in ucd?
    YES

That's hot

haha.
    Seconded ;)

Yeah sb I got some up on my maths site too, I dunno if I told ya. No alpha particles unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

haha......Seconded
    well you guys are just mean!!

cheers for that dec, you never know when i might need it!

to top off the lab stuff that still looms over me, i now think im getting a cold grr. but at least im typing this using my new broadband connection, never had it in my flat before, its class :)

well you guys are just mean!!
    Why thank you.
    but at least im typing this using my new broadband connection, never had it in my flat before, its class :)
    Very nice, more nerding on the interweb instead of studying then like the rest of us ?

If I'm anything to go by, it just means faster nerding. Nyaaagh!

If you have problems with meteor's signal, you can usually go into phone settings and choose O2 instead (because of the roaming agreement). Meteor's signal does indeed eat ****burgers outside Dublin, but at least they leech off O2 now.

Also, Collin's Avenue? Jaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Also, Collin's Avenue? Jaaaaaaaaaaaysus.
    What about it? You just a big fianna fáil head and want it to be renamed or somethin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement