Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

No, but isn't that DCU land? Dangerous territory.

for any dry, humourless dcu students, that was a joke.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pet wrote:

for any dry, humourless dcu students, that was a joke.

dont you mean DCU is a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

dont you mean DCU is a joke?
    I think you mean UCD (like cork) is a joke...

I quite respect DCUians. Not stuck up, no common complex's and quite acedemically proficient (difficult courses, good graduates)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I think you mean UCD (like cork) is a joke...
    Why cork a joke? UCD is obviously a no-brainer ;)
    I quite respect DCUians. Not stuck up, no common complex's and quite acedemically proficient
    i'm not sure about that whole acedemically proficient part, i'm a bit of a bum ;)

I just checked my phone (landline, voicemail still broken), and I just saw today was Friday. This is down as a rant/bitch/moan because I (somehow) thought it was Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

luas prices have gone up today :(....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

snorlax wrote:
    luas prices have gone up today :(....

Yeah it sucks, they've upped the train fares too. My pockets are going to be swamped with 5c coins this year now that it's a most inconvenient €1.95.

i heard that the county council might be bringing in free bikes to use in the city centre like in Amsterdam. i might actually pick up a second bike over in the ucd bike shop as they're really cheap there. only problem is if i decide to go to the pub after college ill have to walk home.

what's also annoying is trying to get the extra 5cents for the bus fares..

you know with all our technology and what not is a pity people haven't invented hover cars or what not to find a better way of travelling into and out of town. i wouldn't mind one of those mini helicopters James Bond had in his bag. i reckon that the motor industry is so big that they don't want development elsewhere, otherwise the smaller players in the motor industry might have to fold..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

snorlax wrote:
    you know with all our technology and what not is a pity people haven't invented hover cars or what not to find a better way of travelling into and out of town.
    I invented molecular transportation a couple of years back, but was paid off by the government to keep it quiet until 2012. Yeah, I know it's an unbelievable story, but I'll show you all in a few years (unless someone else stumbles on the simplicity of my theory).
    Actually, already I regret this post already. I may delete at some stage.

ah nano technology..actually wouldn't mind studying that...i like the idea of soemthing bigger like flying or handglidding or failing that micro flight ..;)!

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    ah nano technology..actually wouldn't mind studying that...
    Would you really though?

250px-Nanogearandbug.jpg

You know where they're building beside the tracks in college? In the basement is gonna be a nano technology lab apparently. Now, where you have such ridiciculously small (spec of dust, head of pin kinda stuff) and sensitive stuff/experiments going on, you'd hardly think beside a bloody riotous vibrating train tracks would be the best place for it?
    Yeah so they're gonna suspend the lab to dampen the vibrations.. legend or what?

Well I was impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I actually would love to get involved in that after this degree - the nano technology labs have been fully funded by a mysterious benefactor iirc as well :)

the nano technology labs have been fully funded by a mysterious benefactor iirc as well :)
    That's where some of my government pay off went ;)

id say thats where computers are headed in a few years when they can't make micro chips small enough for the processors. it could also revolutionise medicine, little robots could shoot their way through blood clots and everything !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yeah so they're gonna suspend the lab to dampen the vibrations.. legend or what?

That's deadly! Although they're kind of asking for trouble there considering the quality of Irish engineering and building. No offense engineers, you are the future, prove me wrong, etc, etc.

Nanotechnology..but what about the grey goo!?

My moan: I fell asleep on the plane today,without tying up my hair, and now it has formed a giant tangled ball at the back. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

snorlax wrote:
    id say thats where computers are headed in a few years when they can't make micro chips small enough for the processors. it could also revolutionise medicine, little robots could shoot their way through blood clots and everything !
    as far as i understand it most nanotechnology isn't related to decreasing the size of microprocessor chips its more about creating tiny robots. Current techniques under research for photolithography could get the resoultion down to 15nm which is pretty damn small...

though i could be wrong, physics heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    My moan: I fell asleep on the plane today,without tying up my hair, and now it has formed a giant tangled ball at the back. Lovely.

Plane? Where did you go?

I've gotten **** all of my essay done over the last two days. It's really getting me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

as far as i understand it most nanotechnology isn't related to decreasing the size of microprocessor chips its more about creating tiny robots.

in prey by michael crichton there are sworms of nanites(sp?), hundreds/thousands of tiny little robots acting as one, going about the place. pretty sure thats what nanotechnology is all about.

Plane? Where did you go?

I've gotten **** all of my essay done over the last two days. It's really getting me down.

Replace "essay" with "study" and I feel the exact same. Although I DO see the difference between a 4th year essay and 1st year exams...

I was in London, for a daytrip with my friend. it was very, very cold and we were very, very tired, but it was still fun.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote:
    I blame the matrix for a lot of things. I bet whatever pompous git wrote that said the earth would be called "Zion" by then too!

are you referring to michael crichton or me?!?

if you are referring to michael crichton, he is the author of, among others, jurassic park, congo, sphere and timeline. and pretty sure prey was pre-matrix..

edit: apparently not - published november 2002

if its me then thats harsh!

just wondering!?!

Brrrrrr. 'tis cold.

Current techniques under research for photolithography could get the resoultion down to 15nm which is pretty damn small...
    Of the order of about ~100 atoms wide. Yeah you can say that again.
    though i could be wrong, physics heads?
    Meh.. nanolithography is materials science. I know sweet f.a. about semi-conductors.

my rant of the day- woman gossiping and bitching about each other all the day to me...it's such a pile of bollox and i don't want to hear it.

one of my friends invited me to "select party" right in front of one of my other friends (and supposedly hers too), and didn't ask her, the friend who wasn't asked naturally enquired if she could go...and then you get the vindictiveness when she pretty much said no she couldn’t in a nice way ...if she wanted to ask me for fcuk sake do it do discreetly at least and don't deliberately go out to make people feel left out. i refuse to go to the party on principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

snorlax wrote:
    my rant of the day- woman gossiping and bitching about each other all the day to me...it's such a pile of bollox and i don't want to hear it.

one of my friends invited me to "select party" right in front of one of my other friends (and supposedly hers too), and didn't ask her, the friend who wasn't asked naturally enquired if she could go...and then you get the vindictiveness when she pretty much said no she couldn’t in a nice way ...if she wanted to ask me for fcuk sake do it do discreetly at least and don't deliberately go out to make people feel left out. i refuse to go to the party on principal.

Aaaagh, i'm having flash backs to my convent secondary school just reading that! As much as sometimes us women may be of the 'all men are barstewards' school of thought, nothing is as vicious as the way women are capable of treating each other. There's a particular brand of female nastiness - maybe it's estrogen linked?

Rant: i've a mega dose of the Sunday night homework feeling - and i'm sad that the holidays are almost over, just a few more hours to go.

it just annoys me as for the most part i don't understand why people have to do it and why they don't discuss things over with each other instead of turning to petty cat nipping at each other which could degenerate into something worse....myself, i'm normally more up to front with these sorts of things.

do men have to put up with this crap at all?

snorlax wrote:
    do men have to put up with this crap at all?
    Rarely, I find that guys tend to get on regardless, and if they've a major problem with someone they'll say it (or hit them). But people rarely hate me, so I don't get a lot of that thank God.

Rarely, I find that guys tend to get on regardless, and if they've a major problem with someone they'll say it (or hit them).

Yeah, bitchy and gossipy behaviour does happen, but it's looked down upon and isn't tolerated. I hate passive-aggressive behaviour and mindgames, it just wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'm really really really really annoyed that my flatmates boyfriend seems to have moved in with us. He's here 24/7, taking up valuable space (it's a small flat) and taking control of the tv remote!!!! Anyone else have this problem!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement