Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

daiixi wrote:
    I'm really really really really annoyed that my flatmates boyfriend seems to have moved in with us. He's here 24/7, taking up valuable space (it's a small flat) and taking control of the tv remote!!!! Anyone else have this problem!?

The next bill that arrives - wave it in front of him and ask him for his share. Also, hide the batteries for the remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

cuckoo wrote:
    The next bill that arrives - wave it in front of him and ask him for his share. Also, hide the batteries for the remote control.

Is it rude just to tell him to go home ???

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

daiixi wrote:
    I'm really really really really annoyed that my flatmates boyfriend seems to have moved in with us. He's here 24/7, taking up valuable space (it's a small flat) and taking control of the tv remote!!!! Anyone else have this problem!?

i also have a similar problem. whats worse is he actually lives here. and we dont even have a tv remote. does your interloper also not buy food or clean?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

i also have a similar problem. whats worse is he actually lives here. and we dont even have a tv remote. does your interloper also not buy food or clean?:D
    SHUT UP

ha:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

daiixi wrote:
    Is it rude just to tell him to go home ???
    Yes, it would. And it would likely create an animosity between you and your flatmate.

Talk to your flatmate about it instead and deal with it through her (I'm just assuming it's a her). Maybe she could either get him to not stay so much, or at least to compense somewhat by bringing food along. It'd prob be best if you just kept on friendly polite terms with the bf. You need to have a bit of open communication with your flatmate though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I know Im a UCDhead but we dont have a rant bitch moan thread in Belfield Boards, so thought id come her hope its okay:)

I just wanted to bitch about the fact that we're back on Monday, January the 16th... I mean the 16th of January ffs thats WAY too early and its completely ridiculous and unfair. Oh well, thats that off of my chest.

Any way hello everybody... When are you back?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

daiixi wrote:

Two words: laxatives, coffee.

I know Im a UCDhead but we dont have a rant bitch moan thread in Belfield Boards, so thought id come her hope its okay:)
    Never stopped me showing up on your property
    I just wanted to bitch about the fact that we're back on Monday, January the 16th... I mean the 16th of January ffs thats WAY too early and its completely ridiculous and unfair. Oh well, thats that off of my chest.

You're funny aren't you. Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the morning. Campus is far too quiet at the minute.

Meh.. was goin into college right over the christmas, makes no diff to me cos I dont go to lectures anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, I'm a UCD-head (final year, and yes, STILL bitter about missing out on Trinners by 20pts) and even I have been in college working on essays, projects and just generally faffing about.

So, no: Having an extra week of 'hols' than Trinners-heads is not exactly something worth crooning about.

Bloody hell. UCDers these days.
    *Shakes head mournfully

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm so excited* that i'm in trinity right now!

*this is a complete lie, i woke up at 4 and desided to get the first bus into town, the 7 at 6:25, this included a brisk half hour walk to the bus stop. Go me! this is all part of the agent smith get fit and healthy plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

When I got on the bus in my provincial town this morning, the luggage hold thingy wasn't operational, so I had to bring my case onto the bus. My case was heavy, as it had books in the bottom. As I was disembarking on College Green, the bus stopped suddenly, as I was finely balanced on the step, just in front of the dashboard. I fell over onto the dashboard in front of the bus driver, and my case fell down the stairwell. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at the driver again. So, basically, I'm moaning about luggage holds that don't work.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Right I get an email today, wednesday the 4th of January.. "A gentle reminder from the library". Okay grand.. I'll go on the web and renew it.

I try this and... nope it's due back yesterday!!!
    Library's closed now so I owe them a euro IF I come in tomorrow. You can ram that up your ghey overdue faulty email systems arse!

Where am I supposed to get a euro?

I've been informed that the reminder system was activated a day late (since they turn it off over Christmas) and the nice way to get out of it is that it is just a reminder, nothing else! Still, if a fuss was raised, it might have been possible to get a result out of this. Did you pay in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i mucked my lecture times this morning, i don't have lectures till 1 and i got up at 8am to be in for 10! :(...i wouldn't mind but they said on the radio it was -1o C outside this morning and it was pitch dark when getting up :(...meeh off to the library in a mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

back to college with none of my projects done and it looks like my FYP will have to be changed! i'm sure my supervisor will be happy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm here in the GMB computer room waiting for europerson (who's beside me) to stop browsing farmersjournal.ie. The ban on fox-hunting isn't that interesting a topic!

Come on, man :rolleyes:. Hal Varian's views on microeconomics are waiting!

In other news, both EduMyth and Agent Smith were friendly to me today. I think there's a post-Christmas buzz knocking around, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My grandfather got a writeup in the farmers journal recently actually.

In other news, both EduMyth and Agent Smith were friendly to me today. I think there's a post-Christmas buzz knocking around, yay!

when am i not nice?

bastard

when am i not nice?
    On thursdays at 3pm

• Advertisement

when am i not nice?

when your hungry, tired, cranky, full, awake, drunk, in the SU shop (ha!) when talking about USI and when bitching about SU hacks and.......

well, apart from then.....

Moan - the library is really getting me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

my workload this term is...:(...only one proper term left in college :)!

Dead Ed wrote:
    Still have a thunderin' **** of a hangover after some nice round the clock drinkin' put paid to liver functions. Dang. No demons though.
    You shoulda knocked into me before you left. I woulda givin you food, lucozade, hangover cureness drugs n stuff. Then drivin ya home a little later when the birthgivers came back with the transportation device.

Yeah I drank all yer mans fat frogs and was drinkin right up til 7am. I think it was the whiskey that did you in man, triple measure it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Now I really do have something to complain about thought id come here to relieve myself...

Got the bus down (bus... am i stupid?) from Belfast today. I hate fcuking traffic, and there was this really ugly mother on the bus with a <1year baby who just would not shut up crying, and on top of that I had left my iPod in luggage compartment so I had to listen to a mixture of the baby roaring and the ugly mother *soothing it* and the bastard driver on the crappy bus playing irish music... all of this in crappy traffic ffs

AND THEN as if I didnt feel like checking myself in at the Central Mental Hospital right away, I alight the bus to find that one of my bags containing clothes, books, money and passport was missing:eek: Driver said it must have been taken at one of the stops by some thief. baah. At this stage im really angry. Luckily mobile and laptop along with wallet stayed with me on bus

THEN I go home (I live in UCD) and have to put up with loads of stick from services to get into res without my key (also in missing bag). 4pm I decide i'll go into trinity and pick up a jumper that a mate of mine left for me in that little office just as you enter via college green. The thing is my mate couldnt just ask them to mind it for me so he left it in their capable hands by saying he found it, until i was back down in dublin and could collect it by saying i lost it... still with me?! jesus this is a rant. anyway/ i give the guy there a thorough description of the jumper - a brown hilfiger jumper with red and white on the shoulders, did anyone hand it in? anyway big fat services man looks bothered at being asked to move, goes into office comes back and says "nope, nothing there of that description". bollocks i bet he didnt even look, mate deffo handed it in, unless the fecking donks gave it to the homeless or something. AAnyway, end of rant. I am so pissed off right now.:eek:

As you were.

Big Rant
    Jayzus...

That's the kind of thing that can make you have an anurism

It ranks up there with dec's junkie car story :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's not a way to start a new year

• Advertisement

I am now officially the only one left in the 24 hour reading room and this essay isn't going well. Maybe he just won't notice if I don't do it. Red Bull may be good at keeping you awake, but darn it, it doesn't help you think any better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement