Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    I honestly don't get the whole chocolate + orange = good thing.

That's because it's:

Chocolate + Orange = Divinity + K

where K (Kealy's number) is the size of the Terry's Chocolate Orange centre in your forebrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Surely it'd be divinity * K, so as if someone has no TCO centre in their forebrain, they would therefore not enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Surely it'd be divinity * K, so as if someone has no TCO centre in their forebrain, they would therefore not enjoy them.
    That comment was both amazingly nerdish and completely true.

Pet wrote:
    That comment was both amazingly nerdish and completely true.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I think i may have an oversized TCO centre, i *heart* chooclate.

Or, maybe it's an udersized TCO centre and i have cravings to make up for whatever the TCO centre is not doing properly, being fun sized?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its not terrys.....

its mine

cuckoo wrote:
    I think i may have an oversized TCO centre, i *heart* chooclate.

Or, maybe it's an udersized TCO centre and i have cravings to make up for whatever the TCO centre is not doing properly, being fun sized?

I'll have to design an experiment. I'll need access to the fMRI machine, a clipboard and sponsership from Terry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

just spent my last but of savings on the therapy ball this friday...Indy are you going this year?..rumour has it you had a good time last year (at least according to some people in my year) ;)! anyway im officially broke at the mo..meeh 21st coming up so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

ive drank too much and done too much and i hate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

lol! Are you me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Hope you feel not too dehydrated in the morning. Um, there there? Maybe eat some jaffa cakes?

On the hating him/her vibe, how is it that someone can seem kinda nice and stuff, and I begin to think 'hmmm, something good here', and see lots of them and stuff, but then they do one thing and it annoys me, and then everything they do begin to annoys me until their existence (and the annoying way they breath) is grating on me like fingernails on a blackboard, and really, there isn't anything good to be found here.....

I think it happens when you see too much of them. I've a friend like that, great guy, but if I see him too much, exactly what you described happens and I want to strangle him. But in small doses, he's fine..

Pet wrote:
    I think it happens when you see too much of them. I've a friend like that, great guy, but if I see him too much, exactly what you described happens and I want to strangle him. But in small doses, he's fine..

Sorry, I try not to be a pest.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Pet wrote:
    But in small doses, he's fine..

like mind altering drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Note to pedestrians: there is a reason for your little man being red, i.e. you don't cross the road (actually I'd read it more like "cross if the way is clear" after lookin at european gimps standing there for ages at a red man with nothing for miles). If there's more than one of you, you don't get "safety in numbers", it just means I'll have the satisfaction of mowing down more than one of you cuntflaps before I debicycle myself and I can guarantee it'll hurt you a lot more than it does me. Don't think of looking with even a shred of contempt when I exercise MY right of way or I'll turn you into a very broken little headless chicken, you bastards.

Boo-urns to buzzwords and stupid questions when applying for jobs on nixers.ie.

"Are you a self-starter?"
    Yes, I get myself going each morning, and I don't even have to get my flatmates to pull my string. Employ me now.

"What can you bring to this job?"
    My marvellous ability to file IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!

"Where do you see this job taking you?"
    Oh yes, I hope to make a fulfilling career out of getting coffee for everyone and answering phones...OH WAIT, I'M NOT A ****ING ARTS STUDENT.

"Are you prepared to work enthusiastically and confidently with a team?"
    No, I'm actually an angry sociopath and will stab the nearest acronym-spouting dip**** with office-scissors at the mere mention of a "team conference". Would you like sugar with that, bitch?

"Are you flexible at work"
    Wow, were you so turned on you couldn't include a question mark? Yeah I'm flexible alright, I can even touch my toes, but don't expect me to do that on the money you're paying, you scabby minimum-wage bastard.

I just love the inflated sense of importance they give their jobs. Yeah, cos it's my dream to work in a grey, airless little office, surrounded by the tedium of commerce and corporate culture. Sellouts. I think I'd rather drink photocopier toner.

AAAAAAGH I hate having to whore myself out like this. Goddamn financial hardship.

Grr to the TFM studio which is half broken. Honestly, one CD deck? I had to hook up my discman to the mixer and the battery ran out halfway through Into the Void by Black Sabbath. Where's the justice!?!

heh....

heh....

Did you have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

John2 wrote:
    Grr to the TFM studio which is half broken. Honestly, one CD deck? I had to hook up my discman to the mixer and the battery ran out halfway through Into the Void by Black Sabbath. Where's the justice!?!
    Yeah, I was listening when that happened. teehee. Anyway, everybody knows that you should just use the cd rom drive in the computer as your second cd deck. Anyway, it's not like tfm can afford any better equipment.

• Advertisement

I never thought of the computer *smacks forehead*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

What frequency is TFM on?

On-topic: Fcuking slept in today. It's only the 3rd day back, and I'm already lapsing back in to the lackadaisical, procrastinating, lethargic, slovenly routine. Useless c*nt that I am. Honestly...

97.3 fm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Roar!!

I was JUST finishing laying out my page for the TN when the ****ing computers shut down and I lose the copy for my article. DIE!!!

It really pissed me off :mad: . I don't have time for that. Especially when I couldn't get it done this afternoon. Not with schols. I've got no study done now. **** sake.

nasty....

Roar!!

I was JUST finishing laying out my page for the TN when the ****ing computers shut down and I lose the copy for my article. DIE!!!

It really pissed me off :mad: . I don't have time for that. Especially when I couldn't get it done this afternoon. Not with schols. I've got no study done now. **** sake.

Now you'll learn to press CTRL + S every 2-3 minutes!

Pet wrote:
    AAAAAAGH I hate having to whore myself out like this. Goddamn financial hardship.
    Heheh :D

If you hate the grey, airless little office, surrounded by the tedium of commerce and corporate culture so much then why do you apply for a job there? Would Macky-D's be better? I assume you've signed up to the su vacancies email? I'm get one everyday.. I read it just for a laugh at this stage cos I'm staying delibrately unemployed.

Gach I need some proper sleep

Ugh... Stupid 10 o clock lecture that I choose to go to. Unless I leave within the next 5 mins I'm gonna be late. Stupid lucan

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ugh... Stupid 10 o clock lecture that I choose to go to. Unless I leave within the next 5 mins I'm gonna be late. Stupid lucan
    Ew, I woke up feeling all sick today. I hate being sick. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky. My 10 o'clock lecture bus would have left ten minutes ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement