Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

0_o

anyway, i HATE having to work for my uncle,
    he knows i have no college today, and thus rings me at 8am telling me he needs me to work for work for him today,

and now i'm home, and need to go to my other job at 5!

altho he did pay me straight away! god i love money!

:(:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Dead Ed wrote:
    Note to pedestrians: there is a reason for your little man being red, i.e. you don't cross the road (actually I'd read it more like "cross if the way is clear" after lookin at european gimps standing there for ages at a red man with nothing for miles). If there's more than one of you, you don't get "safety in numbers", it just means I'll have the satisfaction of mowing down more than one of you cuntflaps before I debicycle myself and I can guarantee it'll hurt you a lot more than it does me. Don't think of looking with even a shred of contempt when I exercise MY right of way or I'll turn you into a very broken little headless chicken, you bastards.

My most significant debicycling was on Lower Rathmines Road some years ago, when some idiot child stepped in front of me in the cycle lane, outside the Swan Centre. The traffic was backed up to my right, there was a kerb to my left, and a snotty-nosed twit in front of me.

Stupidly, I grabbed the brakes, and while the bicycle ceased to move, I didn't, and landed a few feet in front of both bicycle and kid.

Next time, I swore (I had just had the bike repaired a few days previously), I wouldn't brake; instead, I'd go twice as fast, and run the bastard over.

You have all been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Probably should be in PI as its own thread, but I'm too lazy...

B*stard ex-mate of mine has started spreadin sh*t about me to his mates (who used to be my mates too, not now it would seem) and generally acting pretty immature about it. This is something I didn't even need to try not to do, since I bear no real ill-feeling towards him and had some of the happiest moments of my life wit him as my best mate for 4 years. It's really, really hurtful (I know I'm sounding like a girl, but bear with me) knowing that someone you trusted and valued as a friend could be such an insensitive, senseless individual.

So now I've amassed more enemies. Or frienemies. Whatever the f*ck.

Just after straightening things out with another ex-friend who I hadn't spoken to in over a year as well. Depressing sh*t.

Looks like I'm pressing the Self-Destruct button again... Hang on SebtheBum, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!:( :rolleyes: :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm in lg12 and wearing a tux. i dont think life can get lower than this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

SebtheBum wrote:
    Probably should be in PI as its own thread, but I'm too lazy...

B*stard ex-mate of mine has started spreadin sh*t about me to his mates (who used to be my mates too, not now it would seem) and generally acting pretty immature about it. This is something I didn't even need to try not to do, since I bear no real ill-feeling towards him and had some of the happiest moments of my life wit him as my best mate for 4 years. It's really, really hurtful (I know I'm sounding like a girl, but bear with me) knowing that someone you trusted and valued as a friend could be such an insensitive, senseless individual.

So now I've amassed more enemies. Or frienemies. Whatever the f*ck.

Just after straightening things out with another ex-friend who I hadn't spoken to in over a year as well. Depressing sh*t.

Looks like I'm pressing the Self-Destruct button again... Hang on SebtheBum, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!:( :rolleyes: :o:)

just ignore him and anyone who listens to him. if they're your friends they'll stand by. hang in there :)...also your invited to my 21st:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm in lg12 and wearing a tux. i dont think life can get lower than this :(
    As I said, you're in LG12 BEFORE going for a night out. That's not quite as depressing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Bah, dropped in to t:fm to see who was around and now i got roped into filling in for Gearoid. Sap ran off to commons. Damn this.

Sorry to be off-topic but:
    Was there a Londoner doing the DJing on TFM on Thursday, around about midday or so. Seemed really cool, played The Bravery, Bloc Party, someone else as well... Seemed pretty deadly. Better than BelfieldFM anyway... (yeah, right:p )

Cheers snorlax, when's ur 21st?

im send you a pm when i get a chance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I can't stop rubbing my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You need to. It's bad for you.

ARRGH...
    Damn russian professor IGOR couldn't give a toss about our course! All his past exam questions are piss easy, but at the same time impossible. No literally impossible due to missprints, oversights etc. Seriously: what's the diffraction peak angle for this wavelength on this crystal. Grand, it's the inverse sine of (inputs the figures) 1.2... Hold on a second. What the hell kind of angle is that??? For the non-maths orientated, try put that in your calculator and sufficit to say it'll give out to you. It may even blow up if it's old enough.

EDIT: YARRRRGH. It be a fine day when the number 2 decides "Hey, I'm gonna be a bastard avoid you like the PLAAAGUE. Yes, I'm going to be extremely forgettable so that you cant divide, that's right, 4/2=1 good boy. You don't need me when you have lambda anyway.. Go on, play with your 'exotic' greek friends and your fancy schmancy pretentious reciprocal space von laue-bragg equivalence x-ray diffraction spectroscopy.." The moral of the story is kids that the above is actually the inverse sine of 0.6.

I still want to pout though as there was an ACTUAL missprint in last year's exam. :(

I wish I could multitask. There's a load of things I have to do, along with cramming for a chemistry test tomorrow which I WILL fail. Gaah, so much to do, so little time..

I never did that 2,500 word project, worth 25% of my course, that is due in 2moro.

F**k it.

Lalalala, t minus 70 mins and counting. Failure, here I come!

i got toothpaste on my trousers. i have no idea how it got down there

snorlax wrote:
    i got toothpaste on my trousers. i have no idea how it got down there
    Sure... "toothpaste" ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

would you be implying that it was something else?

oh you dec....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bah programming till 4am, damn u ARPACK libraries n yer poxyness.... n not forgetting Harwell-Boeing formatting for matrices...

I'm working with kids again. 9 saturdays worth of fun.

I need the money.

• Advertisement

I need the money.
    What's this, ctyi? Remind me.

Meh I've nothing to moan about. Anyone going to the sushi-night/sci table quiz tonite? I want to go to both but will prob end up going to neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I need the money.

Cool, me too (as usual!) What are you going to be doing?

stargal wrote:
    What are you going to be doing?
    He's going to be working with them down in the mines.

kids are great fun to work with! i always get kids to draw pictures (which they love, eg cards for their parents or sometimes they copy something i'v drawn), or else go on nature hunts in the garden and collect leaves etc. the trick is to keep them occupied so they don't get bored :). chasing is a great game or cops and robbers.

There's not really much time to play games with them unfortunately, cos they're in class the whole time. Some of the teachers are good and incorporate fun things into lessons, but others focus on the academic side, I guess.

postive reinforcement. they pay attention for an hour and get to do something fun for the last 10/15mins.

or use those "well done stickers" for good behaviour.

snorlax wrote:
    i always get kids to draw pictures (which they love, eg cards for their parents or sometimes they copy something i'v drawn), or else go on nature hunts in the garden and collect leaves etc. the trick is to keep them occupied so they don't get bored :). chasing is a great game or cops and robbers.
    That really will only work with the under 10s. I find that older kids will probably be even more bored by that kind of thing. And they'll dislike you for treating them like babies.

they're definetly older 10? postive reinforcement still works will over 10s :), trick is to find out waht motivates/ interests them. if they're teens that's pretty tough.

8-14 iirc. just working as a TA - have no idea as to what i'm doing yet - i assume eleanor will tell me on saturday morning.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's 8-13, but there's 6-7 year olds as well in a different building.

My little sister (the hot one:D ) will be there as well. And Andrew's teaching again in the afternoons.

What happened last term is that there's less TA's than there are classes, so they're randomly assigned to where we think they're needed. So if you've any preferences (i.e. don't want to end up in the X Block!) then get there a bit early and say it to Eleanor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement