Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

was it not andrew who put it on the web?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

8PM - the Buttery - €2 per person

COME TO THE TABLE QUIZZ!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i thought the quiz was on STIs?!

no drinking tonight i have my learning disablility group tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

8PM - the Buttery - €2 per person

COME TO THE TABLE QUIZZ!!
    Was gonna go but there's a party in halls that I'm going to instead..have fun though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

If a picture of me on my graduation is deemed news worthy for the Record I think the Record's in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

good work with tn btw, best issue so far this year. btw myspace may be better but have you ever read the end user licence agreement(EULA) it basically says that myspace has the right to sell on information about you to 3rd parties, no thanks to that. bebo all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

was it not andrew who put it on the web?

Yeah fair enough, it's just not a great picture and I don't really like it. Meh.

I'm getting addicted to Facebook btw, don't even want to contemplate bebo at this stage...

I liked my letter, and the editors comments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Now arn't we all civil again ;)

hrmm back to ranting, stupid cough, keeping me up all night like every night for the past while, got to bed at 5 yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I woke up today at 4.30am - that's what going to bed at the reasonable time of 10pm does to me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Morning Has Broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The grammar on my page is awful in the TN this week. Really shi*ty.. But I can explain.

As noted, a few pages back, all the computers bloody restarted on me while doing my article. Woe was I, and what not. Then, when I loaded the computer up, the essay was there! Wallah! Not the case. What transpired was that the computer had AutoSaved a copy of the article before I ran through and edited it. When I write long pieces I just write and write and edit after (try it, you save loads of time). But I didn't check whether the piece I was submitting to be published about 7,000 times was the one I had edited or not :(. And it wasn't :(. And it could have been such a great article. :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm hungry. I need lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Call_me_al wrote:
    good work with tn btw, best issue so far this year.

Sorry about that with the grammar Enda, hope you didn't mind me putting the tint on your box with the lists, thought it just might look better that way.

The grammar on my page is awful in the TN this week. Really shi*ty.. But I can explain.

Hah! Speak for your own article! Although to be fair mine was written in 20 minutes and isn't exactly the greatest thing I've ever done. But the grammar is okay.

little green men?

Bride of chewbaca?

pffft give me the Record any day

I'm tempted to become a crank "letter to the editor" writer for TN :)

Yeah. And what about the picture of Napoleon Dynamite that was used to represent members of Sci-Fi? I thought thought that was especially good.
    Je ne regrette rien

well its unfortunate about that but it was just a dig at a particular person who is no longer in the college but is up in the room a lot... also anyone see we got the second least money per member(being the fifth largest/4th if you only count paying members) - what a rip....

Call_me_al wrote:
    well its unfortunate about that but it was just a dig at a particular person who is no longer in the college but is up in the room a lot...

No it wasn't a dig at anyone. I just thought it was a funny photo. It wasn't serious though and I know it's not representative of all the activities that Sci-Fi do.

• Advertisement

some people could see it as Serrious...

/me is not a happy camper

pretty sure it is a dig at someone - if it was written by the chloe i think it was... preety sure it was a dig in jest though

edit: not the photo but the article

tbh i'm not surprised at articles like this in tnt, seems to haev gone down hill in the Past year IMHO

who is Sorcha Lyons? and Why does she need to tell us about her current Vibrator and if 3somes are a good Idea?

Oh sorry, I was talking about the photo. Yeah it's tall blonde English Chloe who looks like a model. Pretty standard-looking around the Trinity News office (:p)

And Joe, come on. Sci-Fi are one of the biggest and most active societies on college at this stage. Most people know that you're not nerds. The problem is that your name doesn't really do justice to exactly what your society does.

tbh i'm not surprised at articles like this in tnt, seems to haev gone down hill in the Past year IMHO

who is Sorcha Lyons? and Why does she need to tell us about her current Vibrator and if 3somes are a good Idea?

Grow up Joe

maybe so, but surely an article Like this Cant be "good for Business"....

stargal wrote:
    Grow up Joe

Surely i'm intitled to an Opinion?

and of course, You know (most) of what i say is in Jest....

as have to agree with stargal!!! i think thise articles are actually entertaining while misinformed(whoever shes trying to convince to have a threesome is a bottler of the highest rank!!) and i think TNT is actually quite decent.

students do have sex:eek: so why not talk about it?

maybe so, but surely an article Like this Cant be "good for Business"....

What do you mean, 'good for business'?

• Advertisement

Sci-Fi isnt Just About Science Fiction, But if people read that and Think "oh they Just Sit around and speak Klingon" and not Join or Go on our nights out....

if you want to discuss this in person, i'll be at the Bottom of House 6 in 3 mins, Smoking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement