Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

snorlax wrote:
    i thought i saw you Ronny but wasn't 100% sure to go up to you. we're you talking to your man at the microphone at one stage
    Probably was talking to Niall at some stage. Don't remember specifics.
    I was wearing a red t-shirt with NICE 1 written on it.
    do you remember seeing the fella with the brown shirt doing a solo ?! brillant stuff, along with the speed dating couples dancing!
    Yeah, that was Pádraig. He's a bit mad, that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Haha.. go to bed susan! Acid trip electro dude says you need sleep to figure out op-amps

Soo glad we dont have A&M spectroscopy tomorrow at 10, that and mechanics of matter are the only lectures I go to.

i'm guessing op-amps are destined to remain a mystery for a little longer - i woke up today at 3pm. Grumpy, grumpy, grump - i need to add another alarm clock to my arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Dead Ed wrote:
    How come every **** alive in the greater dublin area seems to have developed the "Dort" accent and talks loud enough so as to have their marvellous witty utterances heard by the population at large? Well look here: Shut your fat stupid "i play rugby (you're probably ****) and wear my collar up" face and take your beating like a man (not one of those "new men", the nineties should have taken care of you fairies. Violence IS the answer). You shower of thundering *****.
    Because you associate in places where they associate. If you're looking for peace and quiet away from the D4s, I would advise you to just leave the country. Or at the very least go outside the Pale. Otherwise there is no escaping it (excluding Tallaght, Ballymun, Cabra and the rest of the places where having a D4 accent is sufficient grounds for crucifiction)

I wholeheartedly support Dead Ed in his endeavours to rid the world of D4s, one drunken beating at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

or just don't leave the physics building, i can't imagine its too prevelent there.... certainly don't get it in the maths dept anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dead Ed wrote:
    How come every **** alive in the greater dublin area seems to have developed the "Dort" accent and talks loud enough so as to have their marvellous witty utterances heard by the population at large? Well look here: Shut your fat stupid "i play rugby (you're probably ****) and wear my collar up" face and take your beating like a man (not one of those "new men", the nineties should have taken care of you fairies. Violence IS the answer). You shower of thundering *****.
    What about the metroscanger? Surely much worse a scourge and far more deserving of extermination. Looks like a D4, dresses like a D4, but walks, talks and acts like a scanger. Destroy them, now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    What about the metroscanger? Surely much worse a scourge and far more deserving of extermination. Looks like a D4, dresses like a D4, but walks, talks and acts like a scanger. Destroy them, now.
    Ed.. He came up with this after I described finno to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Because you associate in places where they associate. If you're looking for peace and quiet away from the D4s, I would advise you to just leave the country. Or at the very least go outside the Pale. Otherwise there is no escaping it (excluding Tallaght, Ballymun, Cabra and the rest of the places where having a D4 accent is sufficient grounds for crucifiction)

I wholeheartedly support Dead Ed in his endeavours to rid the world of D4s, one drunken beating at a time.

Aye, I don't mind someone actually FROM d4 speakin' with the accent. It's just that when I hear someone from mayo who's been living on the "sayth" side for a week replacing a's with o's and leaving a fourteen minute tail on the end of each word, the violent urges arrive. Never thought a sound could get under your skin but it must be the "crawling frequency" (cf. Brown noise). Also, why are the pav's acoustics designed to perfectly reflect the high frequency screams of bugry players' girlfriends directly into the brain?
    Pet wrote:
    not too bothered about them. Usually because I keep a good eye on my wallet and carry around a variety of metal tools (almost always a vice grips-mighty for the bike) and duct tape at all times.Wouldn't think of finn as a metroskanger, more of a drunken tracksuit wearing type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i bumped into a a girl i used to be best friends with in school today. it was so weird seeing her again she's gotten so much older looking...haven't talked to her in ages and was kinda weird seeing her again a few years on. brings back loads of memories...kind of wish i d kept in contact with more people from school :(. gosh makes me think that my time in college has passed by so quick. wait till im in 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

snorlax wrote:
    i bumped into a a girl i used to be best friends with in school today. it was so weird seeing her again she's gotten so much older looking...haven't talked to her in ages and was kinda weird seeing her again a few years on. brings back loads of memories...kind of wish i d kept in contact with more people from school :(. gosh makes me think that my time in college has passed by so quick. wait till im in 4th year.
    ...which is why everyone should be preparing for permanent independence. Stocking up on non perishable foods, armaments, fortifying their houses with sandbags..... waiting. Dunno about everyone else but I get the feeling that humanity is about to crash in on itself in an everyone vs everyone battle (I blame reality television) and we must be prepared. Back on earth, I know what you mean though. I only talk to about three people from an original gang of ~30 from longfordland, largely because some of them are ***** and also because of the eventual mutual "couldn't be arsedness" that arises and develops until the point where you don't even nod (second vaguest form of acknowledgement of the existance of fellow humans) at the bastards on the street. It's not really that bad, just happens. ARRRR.

I have an itching for a hotdog. Or some superquinn sausages in a nice roll, smothered with ketchup. Ranting because there isn't a superquinn that's open in town afaik. Bah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Stupid Arsenal.
    Stupid essays.
    Stupid UCDD-ers.
    Stupid Brother-moving-into-my-fcuking-flat.
    Stupid exams.
    Stupid studying.
    Stupid Final Year.
    Stupid Life.

Just...

Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I handed in my notice to work :(. Such a lovely job too. If anyone's looking for a job in Xtra-vision let me know. Stupid Schols.

I got offered another job, in another store, and I can't take it :(. Stupid Schols.

Girlfriend's going away to Australia for three weeks in March. Really really happy for her. But stupid Schols nonetheless.

I hope Carol Newman (http://people.tcd.ie/cnewman) will like my idea of writing an essay on the Minimum Wage for Schols. If she doesn't there'll be another moan on the way. I can't see how I could fit the flat tax proposition into an essay. It would just be too theoretical and not empirical enough. And such a specific thing is not general enough to fit "Choose a caveat of the Irish economy that interests you and that covers at least three sections of the course". However the minimum wage could spread to efficiency, equity, and a. n. other pretty easy I reckon. And it's interesting because it's implementation in Ireland doesn't fit the standard neo-Classical economic logic, so I could actually get to come up with an entirely new economic model for my essay. In fact I already have, but my friend has a far more reasonable suggestion. Stupid PD's. Always think they know better. But mine's good anyway. Certainly an argument.

Anyone know how to get a full-time job in the civil service for the Summer?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Stupid Brother-moving-into-my-fcuking-flat.
    Check.
    Stupid exams.
    Check.
    Stupid studying.
    Check.
    Stupid Final Year.
    Check.
    Stupid Life.
    Check.

Stupid being sick

Stupid puking

Stupid Pills

Stupid 4yp

Stupid lazy, messy flatmates.
    Stupid brokeness.
    Stupid loads of work to do.

Also, tomorrow is definitely my most depressing Monday of the year so far (for many reasons).

we had brillant wine last night and people kept coing up to me in bottles, im not drinking though so i was stuck on the orange juice (which was actually pretty nice).
    yeah i loads of work to do too, too many distractions, wait till week 6 when i get all m essay topics :( and exams in week 10 :(

rant , still ****ing sick looks like i'll end up missing part of this week :/ ffs...this is insane..

is it the flu? are you bedridden if not you should get out for a little walk as it's a nice evening.

if you can't move beyond the house your best bet is a hot bat, some hot orange, and a good book or the Tribune. nothing you can do about being sick but enjoy the lie-ins.

snorlax wrote:
    if you can't move beyond the house your best bet is a hot bat, some hot orange,

Tasty. I hope you remembered to buy some ketchup.

lie in's? i wish, can't get more than 4hrs sleep at once, at which point i wake up in a quite painfull fit of coughing which has resulted more than once in puking from coughing... fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think it's time we called Indy for you. Oh well, it was nice knowing you.

• Advertisement

A good tip: If at all possible, try not to live with a spoiled, rich only child. It's a pain in the ****ing arse.

Pet wrote:
    A good tip: If at all possible, try not to live with a spoiled, rich only child. It's a pain in the ****ing arse.
    Deane?

Don't repeatedly bite into pizza when the sauce is piping hot. The skin on the roof of your mouth will not appreciate it.

Don't accidentally knock your ancient dog over when she's trying to go outside to take a piss. It's not so funny when you gotta clean it up.

Do expect your mother to hoover outside your room early in the morning after a nights drinking.

Do carry prophylactics.

Do study more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Rant rant rant rant rant - just had the biggest BITCH of a lecturer for my last lecture. she's my lecturer for the rest of the term, and i swear to god it was like being back in secondary school.

i miss my old lecturer :(

all my other lecturers up until this point have been lovely really, she's just an absolute skank.

Stupid laser huts.. the big room is a sweatbox, it's so warm I just want to fall asleep in there. The little room on the other hand is a bloomin fridge with a hefty draft comin through it.... I opt for the cold one as at least I'll get some work done by staying awake. But I cant feel the tips of my fingers or the end of my nose even though i've got my jacket on. :mad:

Ah crap it's 9 o clock already :mad:

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Stupid laser huts.. the big room is a sweatbox, it's so warm I just want to fall asleep in there. The little room on the other hand is a bloomin fridge with a hefty draft comin through it.... I opt for the cold one as at least I'll get some work done by staying awake. But I cant feel the tips of my fingers or the end of my nose even though i've got my jacket on. :mad:

Ah crap it's 9 o clock already :mad:
    Yes but the chairs in the 24hr reading room make me feel like a munchkin. I mean, what, were they built for giants or something!?

Oh and hi, I'm over here with my non-trinity friend who I logged in with another username and password. Sssh..

PET IS A LOSER!

And so on.

Are you in here too? I thought I saw someone who looked a BIT like you but I wasn't sure..I can smell a faint stench of hack though, so it might just be you sitting across from dec..

Ah shut up you. Not even calling me a hack could get me down in my nay-to-flat-taxes mode.

you've got to hate measuring tapes. they are evil!

i nearly cut of my finger with a metal one (ill post a photo if i get a chance), when trying to finnaly figure out my actual proper heigth. iv grown another 1/2 inch since i was 18 and am now about 5.8 and a half (about 3/4inch bigger then my sister for the record!:))

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    Oh and hi, I'm over here with my non-trinity friend who I logged in with another username and password. Sssh..
    You do realise you could have just logged her on with your own username and password? Yes you can be logged onto more than one comp at once.

Ah... the temperate climate of the 24hour reading room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement