Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Right, I've been tolerating this **** since I realised fools became horrified by idiocy. this is my interpretation of something those fools should actually be offended by... EDit: Send an email to ARRRR, scratch that bit and continue was on the molecule at the time... If their response to a satirical cartoon is the level of violence we have seen, imagine the response to what I have prepared. I have sat through as many of Bush's Spiels about the free world as you have and, even though I'm somewhere right of the centre, I think it's time someone decided to cop the **** on... **** you, extremests. although, for the last few years we've been through numerous criticisms of the christian faith, I think we should balance the issue out and, I think, a "tommy tiernan" should be made of "Allah".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

its the ultimate in hypocracy, ye know in those very countries its a regular thing to mock anything to do with western beliefs at all.......like if we got all so upset someone would end up airstriking the country as our form of a riot.... bloddy lunatics...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I think the entire thing is ridiculous too, what a load of whingy bastards. And it's hard to talk about it without coming across as "racist" or being accused of being "insensitive". They should not get any special treatment; they're welcome to take the piss out of Jesus, and you wouldn't see us burning down mosques or whatever.

HOWEVER, it must be said, the timing is perfect for Bush and all those "Yerra, let's pop into Iran too while we're at it, sure" types. Almost TOO perfect you could say.

well the US has been using it as a platform to drum up anti-iran/syria support saying the 2 governments are encouraging the riots. Still its nice to see denmark holding syria responsible for its embassy burning down and looking for compensation. Its a poor state of affairs if you can't/won't defend an embassy from a predicatble mob............

O and those british politicans , whats spineless mofo's... they should have started to defend denmark as a country and say , quite rightly, that if you don't agree with a paper boycot it, but like boycotting an entire country because of one editor in one paper is just ****ing retarded. All this has done is given the western world the view(wrongly or rightly) that muslims are mostly fundamentalist and are a danger to our socities and should be kicked out or something....... Can't be having em running around having riots n burning buildings everytime they are upset...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Add the Pic in my sig to your sig

Goe! Denmark!

• Advertisement

i would, but its a terrible jpg, couldn't they do a decent one?

http://supportdenmark.com

take your Pick

Knowing Ireland, no newspaper will have the stones to publish the cartoons. They've always cowered in submission to religious fanatics, and I doubt they'll change anytime soon.

Irish papers did publish the cartoons

• Advertisement

which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It does give the impression of them just lookin for an excuse to riot. I think the freedom to cause offence a very important matter though! Bloody glad I don't live in such a ridiculous place. It's nice knowing the only people that'll aeroplane/bomb/fuel tanker/camel us are a small group of ***** led by a bigger festering old ****...

326460.jpg

Haha brilliant.

the star published the cartoons iirc

AHHHHHHHHH why have I not gone to bed yet? Sheer stupidity on my behalf. My brain is currently operating at about 15% normal operation. Words, what are they again?

Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

have a massive headache and feel a bit wrecked, got like 6hours sleep last night. also i hate exams and essays. they suck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Does anyone know the Fair Trade bananas in Dunnes Rathmines? They come packaged in plastic, and look sort of bruised and as if they'd been used as substitute rugby balls by clumsy people. They're sort of a touchstone for how guilty i'm feeling at a given moment as i wander through Dunnes with my basket, enjoying my 1st world life with clean water and the like - with a direct relationship between the level of my guilt and the amount of bruising i'll tolerate.

Anyway, my head feels like one of those bunches that i've bought when attempting to assuage mega guilt. My head hurts. My head has been hurting so much for the past few weeks, on and off, that it's become my default state. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

you should detox that's good for headaches etc, it's probably nicotene withdrawal symptoms..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

cuckoo wrote:
    They're sort of a touchstone for how guilty i'm feeling at a given moment as i wander through Dunnes with my basket, enjoying my 1st world life with clean water and the like
    Jeeze susan, wtf? You're a student, not a yuppie, chill out. :) Nobody thinks you're morally abhorrant, so you shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

There's no such thing as unfair trade.

Legs it. May not be my actual view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yes. And there's no such thing as society, only individuals. Isn't that right Enda you little free market economist, you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well there's certainly no such thing as Fairtrade - it's marketshare is puny!
    0.0001% of the world market!
    Even where it's strong, like the UK, it's got only 3% of the market.

Pffft... Unfair trade wins, that's the bottom line.

Argh, stupid electronica bitch downstairs is at it with the samples again!! SHUT UP! YOU'RE CRAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

stargal wrote:
    Yes. And there's no such thing as society, only individuals. Isn't that right Enda you little free market economist, you?
    There aren't even individuals. There are economists and there's everyone else.

Nah, I'm only messing. I'm far from a free marketeer. If I was, I would have charged you for those Polos on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Argh, stupid electronica bitch downstairs is at it with the samples again!! SHUT UP! YOU'RE CRAP!

Can she join our band? I'll teach her how to sample properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

John2 wrote:
    I'll teach her how to sample properly
    Hehe, nice euphamism.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm 7 days off caffeine... I'm craving coffee so badly! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm in the labs. have to demo in an hour and ten minutes. **** **** ****ity **** **** ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Feckin fecker of a lecturer decided not to show up for my 9am lecture. I'm tempted to send them a bill for the cost to me, IE "1 X Lie in, 1 hour, Monday morning." Fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

GRAORGH! I am so cranky right now and I hate being cranky so that's only making me worse. Been up all night helping put the paper together and I'm exhausted and cranky and just want to sleep. Or failing that to kick someone in the shins.

rhkeghjjrgklargjhlhajarghjkl;agjkl;afgjklgfrtyuumeetbetryhbrthber
    ajfasdfasdfasdfdshdgsjkl;aiouranlgfaklgafdjgertywertynkryukryukry
    klklgajk *Mashes keyboard with fist*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement