Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hey christine, this may not be the best time to ask, but can i get transfered to a different course for saturdays? :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i hurt my foot....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

for ****s sake - apparently one of my lecturers actually took out a sheet and took a roll today. how mental is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well there was probally like 3 people there or something....... can be annoying for lecturers when people don't show up then they whine at you for ages before the exam....

O and RANT, stupid thing off me earphones seems to be lost, keeps kinda falling off(or getting stuck in my ear....really far in...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Is it one of those rubbery covers for in-ear headphones? I'm afraid of losing mine because the (expensive!) headphones become useless without them..

Oh, and ****ing electrobitch is at it again. I think I'll stamp on the floor to see if she'll shut up. Or maybe yell out the window at her, it worked yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

What is she doing exactly?

I have no idea. There are lots of loud and random bleeps, and electric drum sounds, with intermittent siren noises (which are loud), and canned cheering. It's either some kind of game, or (my money's on this) she's making really, really **** electronic noise on a keyboard or something. It's not loud enough for me to want to complain to security or anything (and I'm not really as irritated as I sound), but she's just so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sounds bizarre

Pet wrote:
    Is it one of those rubbery covers for in-ear headphones? I'm afraid of losing mine because the (expensive!) headphones become useless without them..
    yep tis, though i found it outside the door of the dept on me way home, sweet or what? :) (ordering new buds for mine would be quite a bit of hassle as don't think they are sold here(shure e3c's), not to mention pricy :s)

so now i'm all happy i still have it n will have to watch for things falling off all the time now :s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pet wrote:
    I have no idea. There are lots of loud and random bleeps, and electric drum sounds, with intermittent siren noises (which are loud), and canned cheering. It's either some kind of game, or (my money's on this) she's making really, really **** electronic noise on a keyboard or something. It's not loud enough for me to want to complain to security or anything (and I'm not really as irritated as I sound), but she's just so bad!
    She sound hot.
    Do her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

wasn't Shakespeare a terrible fecker. he could get stoned and write undreds of pages fo verse. I'm locked and I can't even do my homework

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

indeed, little bastard makes millions of students more and more pissed off while i have to do a linguistics pROJECT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

what a plonker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

crash_000 wrote:
    Hey christine, this may not be the best time to ask, but can i get transfered to a different course for saturdays? :D

Yeah fair enough, after last week :D It could be worse though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Practically 75% of the Beckett 1 PC Room are using Bebo, and there are twelve people in the queue. I suppose they want to use it too. Down with Bebo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Bebo is addictive...like cocaine (not that I've ever tried cocaine ;) )

yes wtf is with this sudden craze over bebo? everywhere i go in college i see people using it.

PEOPLE TCD ISN'T EVEN IN THE ****ING THING.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i got a sore throat sometime on sunday night, completely lost my voice this morning and had to facilitate my learning disablity group today voiceless, also had to miss my 2nd last fencing training before the interversaties :(. on the plus side my group found it highly amusing and made me a cup of tea and a sandwich, sometimes you've gotta love being an OT for being a fufilling job, especially when your own group tells you to go home and look after yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

yes wtf is with this sudden craze over bebo? everywhere i go in college i see people using it.

Possibly failed reality TV people that want to show everyone how cool they are. Bastards. Or prospective reality tV show *****. Either way they're all *****. *****. Another opportunity for double standards methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm mildly shamed to admit I've actually emailed bebo on this very topic and their reply was such:
    Bebo wrote:
    Declan

Thank you for taking the time to give us a suggestion about our site. We really appreciate receiving feedback from our members :D

We are planning to add schools and colleges in Ireland sometime in the near future. Unfortunately I cannot notify you of exactly when this will be.

Once again, thank you.

Kindest regards
    Michael

The worst part is how **** it is. Myspace is way better and doesn't **** up all the time.

all of them seem better than bebo, the site is rubbish, i can't understand how its so popular tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

all of them seem better than bebo, the site is rubbish, i can't understand how its so popular tbh.....
    I'm not gonna presume to argue on it's behalf but reasons I think it may be popular:

1: There was a massive spat of emails for those quizes, to answer the quizes you had to set up an account which was ridiculously simple to do. Also the damn thing had a tendancy to spread itself by asking you for your hotmail/gmail username and password :rolleyes: and hence it spread like a virus.
    2: You can't search for people, so you'll oft only see people on it who are friends or who are friends of friends. Something like that is gonna spread damn fast through an insular college community. It's also slightly less open to abuse in this regard.
    3: It's flashy, simply layed out, uncluttered and not very pretentious. ie it doesnt claim to be something it isnt. It's got handy features like the whiteboard for dossing and photo-uploading.

I agree it always fks up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm not gonna presume to argue on it's behalf but reasons I think it may be popular:

1: There was a massive spat of emails for those quizes, to answer the quizes you had to set up an account which was ridiculously simple to do. Also the damn thing had a tendancy to spread itself by asking you for your hotmail/gmail username and password :rolleyes: and hence it spread like a virus.
    2: You can't search for people, so you'll oft only see people on it who are friends or who are friends of friends. Something like that is gonna spread damn fast through an insular college community. It's also slightly less open to abuse in this regard.
    3: It's flashy, simply layed out, uncluttered and not very pretentious. ie it doesnt claim to be something it isnt. It's got handy features like the whiteboard for dossing and photo-uploading.

I agree it always fks up
    That's why you set up a "spam" email address for this sort of thing. As regards myspace Look here
    Edit: full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm mildly shamed to admit I've actually emailed bebo on this very topic and their reply was such:

I emailed them too and got the same reply...

for spam emaill addresses mailinator is the way to go (www.mailinator.com)

And i dunno those quiz sites are nothing new, but i guess new people have never seen the other ones...(best for quizes is probally okcupid.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

f***king evil mathematica, computational lab reports suck bigtime....grrr :mad:

f***king evil mathematica, computational lab reports suck bigtime....grrr :mad:
    Haha. ;)

On the ranting note, stupid still sick lark. Stupid course thats very half arsed cause of lazy lecturer, stupid other stuff.

[EDIT]
    ****ing hell 84euro for a ****ing inhaler :(
    [/EDIT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

europerson wrote:
    Practically 75% of the Beckett 1 PC Room are using Bebo, and there are twelve people in the queue. I suppose they want to use it too. Down with Bebo!
    Imagine if ISS decided that bebo was costing them too much in bandwidth, and they blocked access from college.....there'd be riots......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement