Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

walkmen are great til the heads get ****ed up. brought mine travelling (in case i ran out of power on the other) cept didnt check if the heads were ****ed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I've had them all - walkmen since the age I learned to walk (about 5 different ones in succession, most of which were hand-me-downs from my aunt), then discman, then minidisc player and now I'm on an iRiver. I likes my music, I do..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I still use my walkman from time to time.. No discman, no mp3 player, no tv in my room. Just the wireless (as in radio) mostly
    whats that technophobia?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i used to love my walkmans, they were the pure portable audio experience!!! i had minidisc players and discmans but never got into them. the only thing that has replaced by walkman is my ipod...

i was going through some of my records and inside one i found this
    taping_killing.gif

i couldnt help but laugh; those record execs are always blaming something else on the sh1t music they release...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Dammit Hillary, now I want some tea.

theres only one 'l' Ronan

and yes Pet, a BESS student with an non-ipod mp3 player, but you missed the fact that i bought it becuase it was purple

• Advertisement

but you missed the fact that i bought it becuase it was purple
    Was tempted by one of the sony yokes for the same reason..... though stuck to the relyable ole creative(only mp3 player i know that will survive 10foot drops onto concrete and still work ;) ,excluding any solid state/specific outdoorsies ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Was tempted by one of the sony yokes for the same reason..... though stuck to the relyable ole creative(only mp3 player i know that will survive 10foot drops onto concrete and still work ;) ,excluding any solid state/specific outdoorsies ones)
    Don't do it man. I've heard of some funky and intrusive copy-protect issues, and if you like stealing music (I bloody do) There may be some problems.

Dead Ed wrote:
    Don't do it man. I've heard of some funky and intrusive copy-protect issues, and if you like stealing music (I bloody do) There may be some problems.
    yeah i've seen em, me bro's both had sony md players, evil software....though i've had lots of problems with most big brand mp3 players anyway :
    rio300.gif
    Had 4 of these since they kept breaking(32meg ftw)
    ego_winan2.gif
    2 of these before i returned it for a refund...
    juke.jpg
    Still have this at home, its big but a nice piece of kit regardless.
    B00006LHO7.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    (this is the one i dropped from about 8foot onto concrete and worked for the following year or so...it died snowboarding oddly enough...vibration shook all its screws loose, same thing happened to me bro's snowboarding also....) though the remote for this i returned twice and eventually gave up as it was crap...
    ipod-blue-L.jpg
    annoying menu's/**** batt life
    creative-zen-sleek2.jpg
    current creative toy :)

i think i've had 2 or 3 other mp3 players that i can't recall at the moment, the ego's translucent blue was cool, though its size wasnt :/ Oddly enough the smallest mp3 player i've ever had was my first, its also the lightest...(also the first commercial mp3 player that i'm aware of..) , though then again it could only hold 7 songs, and stuff was transferred using a paralell cable so it took aslong to fill that as it does my 20gig zen sleek :)

[/tangent] (i really will do anything to avoid the library)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

hailstones, ffs.

i was on nassau st, waiting for a bus this, this evening. it wasn't raining, or any other form of precipitation, until out of the blue one monster hailstone appears....and hits me on my nose. this hailstone didn't land on my nose, run down my nose like a raindrop would or even just glance off my nose - this hailstone HIT me. :mad: i thought someone had thrown something at me until a couple of seconds later there were lots of hailstones.

so, i had to wait another 10 minutes for the bus; cold, wet and with a sore nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

So that was hail! I was sitting here infront of my heater, looking out the window thinking "I wonder if that's hail or rain outside because it sounds quite heavy for rain."

• Advertisement

Heheh i thought someone was trying to get in the front door - opened the door to check wtf and got blasted by it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

You young 'uns don't know your traditions. it always hails/snows/rains heavily during the SU elections. Sometimes during outdoor hustings it snows. We were spared that this year.

xeduCat wrote:
    You young 'uns don't know your traditions. it always hails/snows/rains heavily during the SU elections. Sometimes during outdoor hustings it snows. We were spared that this year.

Yeah, but the hustings are normally held on a Wednesday which would have completely missed my birthday, which was the intention.

heeheehee - ah sure it did snow last year alright - good times, good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

shay_562 wrote:
    Would I be kicked out if I said that up until a month or so ago I was still using a discman?

Not at all. I REALLY love my music and won't touch an mp3 player. Yes they're handy and all but mp3s sound awful unless you use a really high bitrate (I'm sorry but anything less than 256kb sounds a little worse for wear), at which point you're using up several times the memory for a song than at the bitrate the manufacturers recommend. A discman and a good pair of headphones does my music justice, plus when I buy a CD I can listen to it there and then. Plus I'm far less likely to be mugged for my discman.

(I'm sorry but anything less than 256kb sounds a little worse for wear),

I agree, all mine are 320..but you can't beat having about 150 cd's worth of music in your pocket at all times.

And:

OHMYGOD why are people so stupid? I got the following email from THREE different people:

"PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS,
    > FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
    >
    >
    >
    > You should be alert during the next days:
    >
    >
    >
    > Do not open any message with an attached filed
    > called "Invitation"
    >
    > regardless of who sent it . It is a virus that
    > opens an Olympic
    >
    > Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of
    > your computer. This
    >
    > virus will be received from someone who has your
    > e-mail address in
    >
    > his/her contact list, that is why you should
    > send this e-mail to
    >
    > all your contacts. It is better to receive this
    > message 25 times
    >
    > than to receive the virus and open it. If you
    > receive a mail called
    >
    > "invitation", though sent by a friend, do not
    > open it and shut down
    >
    > your computer immediately. This is the worst
    > virus announced by
    >
    > CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the
    > most destructive
    >
    > virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee
    > yesterday, and
    >
    > there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.
    > This virus simply
    >
    > destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where
    > the vital
    >
    > information is kept.
    >
    >
    >
    > SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW, COPY THIS
    > E-MAIL AND SEND IT
    >
    > TO YOUR FRIENDS AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO
    > THEM, YOU WILL
    >
    > BENEFIT ALL OF US. "

For chrissakes, my friends are such retards. I'm going to slap them next time I see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    For chrissakes, my friends are such retards. I'm going to slap them next time I see them.
    Ever get the ones off your apparently intelligent (but extremely gullible friends) that this baby is gonna die unless you forward the message on? Microsoft are tracking it etc and will pay for their expensive (insert diseased organ here) transplant if it gets to a million people or something. Riiiight....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I REALLY love my music and won't touch an mp3 player. Yes they're handy and all but mp3s sound awful unless you use a really high bitrate

Have to agree - my portable music player (don't think it's technically an MP3 player) takes wmas, though, and they all sound fine - at least as good quality as they did through my discman (but to be fair, I got that back in 6th class, so it was hardly top-of-the-range)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ever get the ones off your apparently intelligent (but extremely gullible friends) that this baby is gonna die unless you forward the message on? Microsoft are tracking it etc and will pay for their expensive (insert diseased organ here) transplant if it gets to a million people or something. Riiiight....
    A simple reply all of "pull the ****ing plug" should ensure you never get such crap again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

rant: the various ents campaign teams. there are so many of them, today walking in the door of the Ham i was beset by 6 or 7 of them thrusting leaflets in my face and screaming at me to vote for 'blah, white noise, highpitched squeal', and they were only representing two of the candidates.

these groups of eager canvassers were EVERYWHERE in college today.

where did all those people come from? do that many people even go to the ents events during the year?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Bloody stupid careers bollox. Apart from our ghey-ass career presentation we gotta submit a 600 word job study report. Now I'm not used to being given assignments with minimum number of words. Rather the opposite, I'm trained in report writing with a constrained number of words...

So when typing up this assignment I'd written a certain amount thinking: "ah yes, I've included everything and it must be at least 600 words by now". Much to my chagrin it was a measly 175. GODDAMN YOU, this is precisely why I chose physics.... ESSAYS SUCK ASS

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Bloody stupid careers bollox. Apart from our ghey-ass career presentation we gotta submit a 600 word job study report. Now I'm not used to being given assignments with minimum number of words. Rather the opposite, I'm trained in report writing with a constrained number of words...

So when typing up this assignment I'd written a certain amount thinking: "ah yes, I've included everything and it must be at least 600 words by now". Much to my chagrin it was a measly 175. GODDAMN YOU, this is precisely why I chose physics.... ESSAYS SUCK ASS
    Quit whingin, and hurry up, the pav be waitin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    "ah yes, I've included everything and it must be at least 600 words by now". Much to my chagrin it was a measly 175. GODDAMN YOU, this is precisely why I chose physics.... ESSAYS SUCK ASS
    :D.

ffs - joe you owe me at least another pint, or cigarettes all evening tomorrow.

bastard signed me up for the svdp slave auction without my knowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

crash_000 wrote:
    signed me up for the svdp slave auction without my knowing.
    Wrong thread tbh - this should be in the WooHoo-AntiMoan thread!:D
    Come on, you know this is what you always dreamed of doing in college...:p

If i hadnt had a few drinks in me at that point i'd have been really pissed - as it was i covorted around a pole stripped to my boxers and had a girl from work bid on me - this is so gonna bite me in the ass come saturday in work...

Was the slave auction (and not Neil getting nekkid) any good?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

agent smith

humilating crash_000 since 2005....

photo's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

photo's?
    No thanks, I just ate.

Ah go on then!:D

• Advertisement

Wow, electrobitch downstairs is actually playing what sounds like a song.

Aww, I'm so proud of you electrobitch, you've come so far! Now shut the **** up.

In other news, Placebo are playing Oxegen. Shame about all the other **** bands though. (this may also belong in the woohoo thread)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement