Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

****ing experiment didn't work again. That's two weeks out of my ten with no results. I'm starting to get worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

agent smith

humilating crash_000 since 2005....

agent smith.

making a fool of himself since birth....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

ahh exams in just over 2 weeks (only got 2 exams this year but 2 essays, 1 portfolio, 1 thesis and one report to get done).

and why is my birthday just before my exams? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

agent smith.

making a fool of himself since birth....
    ilovemybrick.

Making sweet Whoopee to his pet ceramic item since Masonry began...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 huggy_bear

well you should all try and do a business and a language course. Talk about shooting yourself in the head. Appart from being so bloody boring it's so much to deal with all at the one time. No one gives a **** how much of one subject you have to do. All your language has to be perfect and native and....aarrrggghhh! it's so very hard to deal with. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I'm belatedly mourning the demise of the College knowledge quiz thread.

one of my lecturers gave up ** to me today for not being organised in my fieldwork interview. i swapped with my friend (who wasn't feeling the best) to an earlier time and hadn't had the chance to fully prepare my next goals for fieldwork (which i tried to explain to her)...sorry but i can safetly say in the whole school of OT she's the only lecturer i don't like because she treats us all like kids and doesn't listen to us as a general trend. funny thing was she painstakingly looked back over my assessment form my last placmetn and found the exact opposite to her assumption, and could not find one negative thing..only in the critical reports i did for myself. :(

The snow has gone away.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its still snowing here in killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Groargh. Bad mood city.

1. This is kind of stupid but I was at a postgrad thing this evening and this happened:
    Me: So what kind of dissertation exactly is expected?
    Learned Professor: Well it could be some kind of sociological analysis of journalism...
    Me: That sounds good, I actually study sociology
    Learned Professor: Oh do you? Ho ho. Sociology. I always tell people that the only thing sociology does is tell us that rich people live in nice houses and poor people don't! Hahahahahaha
    Me: What the ****? Are you ****ing joking me? Do you even KNOW what sociology is? What the **** does that even mean? Do you go around dismissing physics and biochemistry too you ignorant ****er? Take that *kick to the shins* and THAT *knee in the groin* and THIS.

Except what I actually said was:
    Me: Hoho yes very astute, I defer to your obvious superior knowledge of sociology.

Or words to that effect.

Cue mashing of keyboard with fists.

2. Well that's really it but I'm really cranky now and don't know why. I'm playing OK Computer as loud as I can and looking crankily at the screen and sending out general cranky vibes. Think I'll go down to the Buttery and shout at Freshers or kick tables or something similarly suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

stargal wrote:

2. Well that's really it but I'm really cranky now and don't know why. I'm playing OK Computer as loud as I can and looking crankily at the screen and sending out general cranky vibes. Think I'll go down to the Buttery and shout at Freshers or kick tables or something similarly suitable.

Save some of your bad mood up until tommorrow and send the first tourist that barges up to you and brays "where's kelly's book?" to the hamilton. Trust me, it'll make you feel a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

cuckoo wrote:
    Save some of your bad mood up until tommorrow and send the first tourist that barges up to you and brays "where's kelly's book?" to the hamilton. Trust me, it'll make you feel a lot better.

...or Kelly: The Irish Constitution (written by our very own Gerard Hogan and Gerry Whyte! :D) ...they'll probably want the 4th edition too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

rant, still up and have a lecture in like 5hrs :/ still ain't finished stuff yet :s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Me too. I've got maths assignments to do, which are absolutely piss easy, but can I remember simple ****ing LC calculus? Not a hope.

Also a load of research to do for Geography and chemistry and biology writeups.

Gay.

Pet wrote:
    Me too. I've got maths assignments to do, which are absolutely piss easy, but can I remember simple ****ing LC calculus? Not a hope.
    If its any consilation nor can i, we've some very odd things where ye've 5+ final year maths students wondering about some simple ass integration ;)
    Also a load of research to do for Geography and chemistry and biology writeups.
    Gay.
    True.

Though on the plus side my program does make purdy pictures :
    histogram-g1.jpg

My desk (covered in notes and crap).

meh037medium1wa.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This geography assignment sucks cocks in hell.

*gnashing of teeth*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Pet, how many essences bottles do you have there? :D

I used to have a bit of a thing for bach's rescue relief, then i realised i was taking so much of it i was getting a little tipsy from the alcohol in it.

rant/

cold. lab write ups. cold. wasted 40 minutes doing the marks and spencers laps of frustration today, couldn't find a single thing that i wanted to eat. cold. think i'm just going to go to bed now, wrapped up in 4 layers.

i want to move home. i want some of my mammy's home cooking. really, i just want to go back in time to age approx 10, still in primary school. finishing school at 2.20pm, a five minute walk home, mammy food, half an hour homework, playing with my friends and going to bed early.

Gah was soo tired in college today, and had a horrible headache...

Don't think i taught my classes anything really....
    took some nurofen,sudafed,dual asmatha inhalher and 2 L of coke to clear up....

plenty of sugar in the system, wonder how long before i get the ole sugar crash n have to goto sleep....

*and never made that lecture tis morning at 10...... good thing too, it was cold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Stupid BEBO!!!! AAAAGRGH

Spent the last hour discovering people I used to know (or already do) on it. DAMN it anyway I shouda been studying... ok NOW computer goes off

managed to somehow electrocute myself with my walkman today, for some bizzare reason electricity somehow conducted itself from my walkman into the lining on coat so when i reached in to change the volume...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I don't give a **** about GAP's communications campaigns Debbie.

Take that!

snorlax wrote:
    managed to somehow electrocute myself with my walkman today, for some bizzare reason electricity somehow conducted itself from my walkman into the lining on coat so when i reached in to change the volume...
    emm doubt it was the walkman, not enough voltage for ye to feel it me thinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

emm doubt it was the walkman, not enough voltage for ye to feel it me thinks...
    It probably built up in the lining of the jacket, in a kinda-sorta static electricity kinda way thingy-majiggy know what I mean like?

Yes, I clearly have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, but the point remains...

Static electricity was probably the culprit.

yeah static could have built up in the lining i guess, but that would be unrelated to the walkman...........

Pet, how many essences bottles do you have there?

You're only seeing about half. And then there's the supplements. I could open my room to the public and charge in, it's quite the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    Damn wanted to get to this one..

Ian, still remember some of the physics then eh? Fair dues ;)

Aggh! I fell asleep after my alarm this morning, meaning that I missed my nine o'clock lecture. But it's all right: apparently Angry Banana wasn't there either. He might have given out to me otherwise.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ian, still remember some of the physics then eh? Fair dues ;)
    Yes alas, alcohol hasn't killed off all them brain cells yet, its sticking to the ones required for impending exams... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement