Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

static electricity? but i wonder why it didn't happen when I put my hand in the other pocket and how it managed to build up in that particular area..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

there is a whole miard of possibilites, anything from the other side was damp, you were rubbing off the 2 sides differently...list is pretty long... i'm sure the physics heads can give u a nice big one

well the other side definetly wasn't damp (water conducts electricity?)..is it true that people actually generate a certain amount of electricity too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Yup, it's how our hearts and brains (well, nerves in general actually) work...

Plunky do I know you from the PSN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Microsoft Frontpage sucks cocks in hell too.

*fists on keyboard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

F**king eircom...

Parents switched phone networks from Eircom to TalkTalk on the basis that it was cheaper (I was completely unaware of this, and thus the "cheaper" claim could be 100% nebulous). TalkTalk contacted Eircom, who went "fair enuff" and cancelled the account, and TalkTalk took over. No problems, no hassle, new network (allegedly cheaper).

So why in the rant/bitch/moan thread?

Well, we now have lost broadband. So now I'm using the basic 56k again. Thankfully, with all sigs, avatars and images off, boards still runs smoothish. (Well, as smooth as it ever did before, which as we all know was about a smooth as trying to sprint thru treacle while Mary Harney attempts to Sumo-wrestle you to the ground).

Now, the 56k is eircom as well, and it's running fine.

Why the fcuk did they deactivate our broadband?

It's times like these that I wish I was more technologically literate, or indeed technologically literate at all...

about a smooth as trying to sprint thru treacle while Mary Harney attempts to Sumo-wrestle you to the ground).

That's hot.

Snorlax, you should do, but I have no idea who you *actually* are..!

snorlax wrote:
    well the other side definetly wasn't damp (water conducts electricity?)..is it true that people actually generate a certain amount of electricity too?
    its not a great conductor of electricity but yeah it can. Our body's do generate electricity but it wouldn't present itself as static electricity and give you a shock.....

• Advertisement

yup well your the person i keep waving at in the Buttery :)! im also in charge of IT in the PSN (you remember the initial meeting with Chuck in the Buttery and us all having our photos taken, i arrived late from fencing?). did the course back in first year so i'm not a veteran and i can't believe i haven't figured out who you we're before now :D!
    great job with the site btw!

i'm curious if sweat or skin is more conductive?

i'm about 90% sure sweat would be, as its water with a high salt content (salt makes water much more conductive).

Ah, now I know who ya are, but I won't say anything, it'll be our secret! :D

Shall I be seeing you Monday?

probably not i have my finals in less then 2 weeks(about 20% my degree) and three projects due in the two weeks after (and a thesis for good measure!).

we should have a poll on our website to choose meeting times that suit, most people seem to be up to their necks in work at the moment...

I know I'm great at missing lectures for 'em, which seems fine now, but can't go on! (rantrantrantstayingontopic)
    Lucky next term is dead for me, gotta love freshman psych!
    Good luck with your exams! and also the projects/thesis/general everything that appears to have smashed its way into your life!

GRRRRBEBO!
    My classmates have a labreport due in at 5 this evening, and one of them was frantically (with 2 hours to deadline) looking for a computer to finish her typing on, and ALL the computers that didn't have someone doing coursework on them had people farting around on bebo.
    I remember when I was in school, the admin had a means of blocking such amazingly wasterish sites as bebo from being accessed from the premesis, and also people who had real work to do on the computers were allowed kick people who were farting about off.
    That's the way it should be!

(and no, I'm not wasting college computer usage doing this - I'm at home now...)

well by enlarge you would be allowed/justified in kicking someone off a computer looking at bebo so you can do work, done it before myself.

The issue of blocking bebo has been discussed, it can easily be done but.....it wouldn't serve any decent purpose...

*cough* *cough* *bleaghhh*
    well there goes another t-shirt in the wash from puke :(

Wow, Nietzschean was so overcome with BEBO-Rage that he physically emptied his stomach.

That's impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

My hands are destroyed from the cold, the latex gloves and the constant washing. Everytime I bend the fingers the skin cracks and bleeds. It's pretty gross.

bitch moan my last day of youth today and i'v got to spend the whole lot of it studying dementia and disability legislation....meh am procrastinating going to the library now...need some chocolate ...meh study sucks

someone left a massive bar of chocolate on the kitchen table at home (it's Lindt chocolate and 85% coco!), trouble it's not opened so i can't feast on it...temptation

Go on, it's your birthday tomorrow!

Go Snorlax, it's ya birthday, we gonna party like it's ya birthday...:D

great my sis just gone down to the shops, i think ill recycle it :D....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm in the hamilton computer rooms. This stupid b!tch just told me to be quiet, two computers away from me, I really wasnt being that loud, not compared to the two people standing right beside her having a full blown conversation. Cuntrag.. she is wearing headphones FFS!! I want to shoot her in the eye with a paint ball gun from point blank range

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm in the hamilton computer rooms. This stupid b!tch just told me to be quiet, two computers away from me, I really wasnt being that loud, not compared to the two people standing right beside her having a full blown conversation. Cuntrag.. she is wearing headphones FFS!! I want to shoot her in the eye with a paint ball gun from point blank range

Tell her to turn down her headphones as they are bothering you, forcing you to speak louder.

Oh and it's freezing in my house because we've ran out of oil for the central heating and the oil company doesn't open at the weekend. I had to evacuate the house yesterday, I only got home a few hours ago. I need to hibernate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

There are few worse feelings than realising somewhere around the time your DART stops at Tara Street that you don't have a 0900 lecture, and that you just cost yourself an extra 45 minutes in bed and a fryup through your forgetfulness. However, I did get to buy a sandwich for my good (platonic) friend John, who is a bum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement