Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Cold. Double lecture in the SNIAM lecture theatre today and ended up so very cold - had to put my coat on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

cuckoo wrote:
    Cold. Double lecture in the SNIAM lecture theatre today and ended up so very cold - had to put my coat on. :(

Because I've still no heating at home I spent the evening watching telly in my coat, scarf and hat. I'm still wearing the hat in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

been in the lecky much all today and three absolute goms won't shut up...ah it's a head killer why come to the library if all you do is keep repeating out aloud bad words to prove to everyone in the library what a man you are (or aren't as the case maybe) ...:( seriously iv exams in less the a week...some people are so ignorant/ inconsiderate or perphaps just plain stupid..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

for ****S sake - trying to get the ogre www.ogre3d.org sdk working with Vis Studio .Net - it REALLY doesnt want to. i need this sorted by tomorrow. every time i fix a problem with the library linking a new one comes up. all cus the wanker who made the SDK has static addressing within the libraries so i keep having to correct it one by one...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well thats GOne over my Head completely....

happy birthday snorlax btw...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

stupid DAMN stats exam tomorrow. It's hardly fair to give us 2 years worth of open book, number crunching exams and then make us do a closed-book ESSAY exam on the stupid subject!
    AND i can't even focus enough to remember the stupid references that we're meant to know for it, let ALONE remembering what I think might be relevant to asking the elusive question that no one knows what it is going to be yet. Mickey G normally gives us more of a heads up on these things - general idea of what's coming up, topics wise, but for this one, NO! It's apparently enough to know it's on qualitative analysis. Enough to know my hole!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It most likely is to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

crash_000 wrote:
    for ****S sake - trying to get the ogre www.ogre3d.org sdk working with Vis Studio .Net - it REALLY doesnt want to. i need this sorted by tomorrow. every time i fix a problem with the library linking a new one comes up. all cus the wanker who made the SDK has static addressing within the libraries so i keep having to correct it one by one...
    Haha. its cause u suck....

It probably is in fairness :)

crash_000 wrote:

That's such a yoda like post, it reads like a chinese proverb and makes a different sense each time i read it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

crash_000 wrote:

No, It's definitely not!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My head is totally wrecked from doing that ****ing webpage. Some people didn't pull their weight, and we had to rush a few sections so it's all incomplete and all over the place. But whatever, it's done now.

How do I survive a natural disaster?

Sacrifice your children to the gods of the soil!

i approve.

I'm sick and tired and grumpy - last night i set my two alarm clocks and phone for 7.45am. At 3pm i stumbled into consciousness and discovered i was lying on top of the two clocks and had the imprint of the phone keypad on my face.

I may have been underestimating the amount of sleep that i needed (big time!), but i'm still a bit surprised that i managed to sleep through the symphony of alarms.

Oh, and i'm all snuffly as well. Blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

cuckoo wrote:
    At 3pm i stumbled into consciousness and discovered i was lying on top of the two clocks and had the imprint of the phone keypad on my face..
    This managed to get a laugh from Grumpy Old Me, I gotta admit... Classic, been there... So annoying, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

cuckoo wrote:
    I'm sick and tired and grumpy - last night i set my two alarm clocks and phone for 7.45am. At 3pm i stumbled into consciousness and discovered i was lying on top of the two clocks and had the imprint of the phone keypad on my face.

I may have been underestimating the amount of sleep that i needed (big time!), but i'm still a bit surprised that i managed to sleep through the symphony of alarms.

Oh, and i'm all snuffly as well. Blah.

mmh i laughed too but im not that grumpy and i laugh at most things. if you're getting that head cold/chest infection/flu/cough thing that going around you need loads of sleep. i spent most of last week comatose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

mmh i laughed too but im not that grumpy and i laugh at most things. if you're getting that head cold/chest infection/flu/cough thing that going around you need loads of sleep. i spent most of last week comatose.
    Yeah what the hell is goin on with that.. It's soo weird! Two days ago I woke up in a jock after a full 8 hours so decided not to set my alarm clock for a few days. Yesterday I woke up after 12 hours sleep, last night I went to bed at midnight and didnt wake up til 15 mins ago.

I usually get by with 7 hours a night, 8 on weekends. This chesty/cold/sleep thing is REALLY cutting into my study....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Woke up in a car in dreary salthill after showing the west coast how to drink yourself into a serious but unstable emergency lit condition. Unfortunately, unlike what I thought previously, I can't command the sea. It just got angry at the drunk guy screaming "HALT!" and decided to hurl a few well timed waves that served to give me a good soaking. Liver pains came back too. Damn.

moan..i am shattered, can't do any more work and iv such much more to do (the whoe of spinal cord intervnetions!), im going to have to get up at the crack of dawn tues and wednesday for my exams (and no more exams for over a year then)...thank god for afternoon exams :)....ill be a fully practising OT in only another 6 weeks of lectures in 4th year trinity term (well hopefully if i get through this lot)..third year lectures/ waffle is officially over anyhows...i also get my own patient/s in 3 weeks...

FFS the hammo coffee machine ran out of the extra concentrate espresso!! Bollox, so I got a black coffee, though it looks nice n dark it just tastes like water at this stage... How the hell am I supposed to cram after 4 hours sleep in these conditions eh eh?

And what the hell was with the exam hall being FREEZING this morning. That bi-atch invigilator wouldnt let me take my coat up to the bloody desk. I was shivering for 3 hours! Hence not being able to write as fast as my hands were numb and hence not finishing the bloody paper...

• Advertisement

The library hurts my head. :(

Dec how the heck can you drink that muck anyhow?! :eek: there's a really nice italian coffee place just ourside the Hamilton, the proper stuff. they also used to give away free chocolates and all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Lemon give away free chocolates too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Caffine is caffine... *awaits arrival of vinalla caffine syurp..*

do you know what's really nice white hot chocolates from cafe mocha! absolutely fantastic, also their vanilla steamers aren't bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

Wrong Thread!

Exams in a few weeks! Need to start hardcore study.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Today has been laundry day. 1 month's worth, 3 loads, about half of the clothes I own, €10 in all, and a lot of haul-ass back and forth. I am tired, and have not slept since Sunday.

Also, I would love to know why the amount of spam I get is increasing almost exponentially by the month (I made a graph in excel). Today, it was 187 emails. A new high.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Pet wrote:
    (I made a graph in excel)

:D

snorlax wrote:
    Dec how the heck can you drink that muck anyhow?! :eek: there's a really nice italian coffee place just ourside the Hamilton, the proper stuff. they also used to give away free chocolates and all
    But how much do they charge? I doubt they can beat a 50c instant hit? I'm on a pretty tight budget like. Also the conc espresso isn't half bad. It sends a tingle down my spine and

Caffine is caffine... *awaits arrival of vinalla caffine syurp..*
    Yeah you mad yoke. (Ah but I agree). You'll be on the amphetamines next.. Didn't you hear? Caffeine is the main gateway drug. 99.5% of heroin addicts drank coffee, tea, coca-cola or hotchoc before moving onto heroin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    99.5% of heroin addicts drank coffee, tea, coca-cola or hotchoc before moving onto heroin.

I know I did! I love heroines like Storm from X-Men or Princess Leia from Star Wars.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement