Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

my fieldwork placement in tallaght got cancelled and I am mroe then likely going to be shipped out of Dublin to Longford or Rathdrum, it's terrible becuse iv only a week and a half to sort out accommodation. the college doen't even help us to get it, and they don't give a euro towards the cost of transport/ food/ living expenses...it's just assumed your middle class and can afford it...i wish our trade union gave the students decent repersentation for this, .the physios and nurses are subsidised, we get nothing...i have to figure how im going to get a grand an a half to pay for 9weeks down the country/ food and travelling..i am going to have use all my 21st money for this...i officially hate the fact we get treated like such sh*t and are working for free..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

Pet wrote:
    Old man.

And now, rant/moan time:

My ****ing wisdom teeth are driving me INSANE. Not only are they causing pain, swelling, difficulty while eating and making my head swell uo to twice normal size, they're also pushing my teeth out of place again, which means that yes, oh thank heavens yes, I need to get braces, again. But not JUST braces, that would be expensive and a pain in the ass, but not debilitating. What WILL be debilitating is the jaw surgery I need to have done as well.

Orthognathic surgery - about 2 months in hospital with my jaws wired shut, eating liquids only and on copious amounts of painkillers. Then, no contact sport of any kind for about a year afterwards as my bones fuse and all that ****e.

God it's been a lovely day..

ochies. i'm officially ignoring my wisdom teeth and not going to the dentist. i'm working on the idea i can make them go away. having said that, i could probably use some more teeth.

aparently by brother is to have this type of surgery, which consists of smashing ur jaw then putting it back to gether.

but what contact sport would you be playing roro? combat croquet?

snorlax wrote:
    my fieldwork placement in tallaght got cancelled and I am mroe then likely going to be shipped out of Dublin to Longford or Rathdrum, it's terrible becuse iv only a week and a half to sort out accommodation. the college doen't even help us to get it, and they don't give a euro towards the cost of transport/ food/ living expenses...it's just assumed your middle class and can afford it...i wish our trade union gave the students decent repersentation for this, .the physios and nurses are subsidised, we get nothing...i have to figure how im going to get a grand an a half to pay for 9weeks down the country/ food and travelling..i am going to have use all my 21st money for this...i officially hate the fact we get treated like such sh*t and are working for free..

That's pretty bad. Do the nurses and Physios do an analogous amount of work? I mean, are you basicly working as a OT or are you just observing and helping out?

we have to start treating people starting from your third year placement. it's not quite so bad in first and second year as the placements are much shorter and you are mostly observing, only doing admin work. but in third year you have a caseload, and do actually have to work...:(

I thought that would be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

but what contact sport would you be playing roro? combat croquet?

**** off, that's not the point. What if someone decides to punch me in the face? (Not entirely unlikely, especially if I'm in "obnoxious drunk bastard ronan" mode) Whoop-de-doo, 2 years of pain and €15,000 down the drain.

AAAHHHHHHHH.

Ah. The combat sport of street thugery. Ah well. You have my sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I joined Bebo this morning, and already it's taking over my life.

Although in a good way, I never knew so many people cared about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Pet wrote:
    Old man.

And now, rant/moan time:

My ****ing wisdom teeth are driving me INSANE. Not only are they causing pain, swelling, difficulty while eating and making my head swell uo to twice normal size, they're also pushing my teeth out of place again, which means that yes, oh thank heavens yes, I need to get braces, again. But not JUST braces, that would be expensive and a pain in the ass, but not debilitating. What WILL be debilitating is the jaw surgery I need to have done as well.

Orthognathic surgery - about 2 months in hospital with my jaws wired shut, eating liquids only and on copious amounts of painkillers. Then, no contact sport of any kind for about a year afterwards as my bones fuse and all that ****e.

God it's been a lovely day..

i had something similar done, although it was only about a week i spent in hospital and then the 2 months with my jaw wired shut. The real fun is the wire cutters that they give you, that you have to carry at all times, in case you begin to choke so a random passer by can cut your jaw open for you. Fun times. Ah, i've fond memories of blending soup, passing it through a sieve and then drinking it through a straw.

On the upside i was given some wickedly good painkilling drugs while in hospital, and was in a very happy, floating and giggling place.

am def going to Longford for placment am staying with two OTs from Galway, got room for 50eur a week, but it's in the middle of knowwhere. the most scenic thing in the area is a bog walk :(!

at least i ll have company at the weekends though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The UCD forum now has its own woohoo/anti-moan thread.

I think the TCD forum should file a lawsuit against the UCD one for copyright theft and blatant plagiarism.

Plus I like the one here. I've posted here longer. It's the original and best.

Damn unoriginal UCD boardsies

/me filled with self-loathing by association

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Poor Roro! That sounds terrible!

SebtheBum wrote:
    The UCD forum now has its own woohoo/anti-moan thread.

I think the TCD forum should file a lawsuit against the UCD one for copyright theft and blatant plagiarism.

Plus I like the one here. I've posted here longer. It's the original and best.

Damn unoriginal UCD boardsies

/me filled with self-loathing by association

Ignore it and it will go away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

snorlax wrote:
    am def going to Longford for placment am staying with two OTs from Galway, got room for 50eur a week, but it's in the middle of knowwhere. the most scenic thing in the area is a bog walk :(!

at least i ll have company at the weekends though ;)
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Make sure you don't look at anyone funny and be prepared to be shouted at/tutted at for letting in cold when you walk into a pub! It's not actually that bad. Unless you're actually in the middle o nowhere. You'll need a car or you'll go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
    Just incase it hasn't clicked with anyone... Ed's from longford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Methinks I saw the nutty Longfordian with a lady today.

Edgeworthstown does some lovely ice-cream, while Providers of Longford will provide any home utilities/utensils you might need.

I don't think there's anything else in Longford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Boo, I got banned from feedback for posting some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Methinks I saw the nutty Longfordian with a lady today.
    I'd say hello if I remembered what you looked like! Eyesight's ****ed too.
    Edgeworthstown does some lovely ice-cream, while Providers of Longford will provide any home utilities/utensils you might need.

I don't think there's anything else in Longford.
    Also a swimming pool, canoeing club thing (in ballymahon) and cimema. Kart track in Edgeworthstown (made a good job of one of the twin engined karts when the brakes failed and I hit a clay mound, span 180 through the air and stacked the thing backwards into another clay mound at speed. Bastards gave out to ME, so I murdered them and used their bones to beat their families to death). Errr, that's about it apart from an angry settled population, some angry travellers and a load of slightly discriminated against immigrants who will be gettin a chip on their collective shoulders right about..... now.

On another note, I think I managed to lose an hour today. Thought it was five to eight. cuntwarts.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fucking Nail-polish...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Fucking Nail-polish...

and to think you voted for him. lofl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

FFS... I wandered around town for 2 hours yesterday lookin' for somewhere, anywhere, that was selling the series of Freaks & Geeks. HMV (Henry st and Grafton), Golden Discs, Laser, etc... They are all baxtards.

It's out on DVD, I know it is!

It said so on teh internet...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

and to think you voted for him. lofl.

Bah?

SebtheBum wrote:
    It's out on DVD, I know it is!
    It said so on teh internet...
    Seems it's out in america on dvd. Not here (yet anyway).

Just buy it region 1. Still play on your compooter afaik:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001EQHXO/qid%3D1143228676/202-4485582-9807801

meh Paeds essay due in on Monday and iv still gotta write up the interventions and outcome measures. i wonder how fast it's possible to type up 3,000 words and about 25 references?

snorlax wrote:
    iv still gotta write up the interventions
    Is that like with drug addicts?

Man I must sound stupid at this stage. After 8 pints and finding it difficult to type I can't believe I'm technically in the middle of exams. Wtf like... I should be in bed at this stage with my alarm set for 8. But instead I'm quite inebriated and worrying about tomorrows hangover, which will obviously be quite bad since I drank quite a volume of gingerman red ale. This beverage almost equalling cider for its headache-per-sup ratio!
    Ok so now for prevention, if I have the effort I'm going to preemptively strike this hangover. Listen closely oh young apprentices.
    First I'm gonna lick some lo-salt off my wrist. It refurbishes (I cant think of the word) my potassium levels which helps with muscles and hydration etc. Then I'm gonna drink a lot of water (~2pints, kinda obfvious why). Then I'm gonna bring more water up to my bedrooom, take som vit c and multivits, some fish oils, / ok I just fell asleep there while writing this. I think that's enough while writing this goodnight!

My elbows and hands, oh they are grazed. damn ****ing truck with a top like a cheese grater.

Pet wrote:
    My elbows and hands, oh they are grazed. damn ****ing truck with a top like a cheese grater.

Eh?

Man was pissed, forgot I posted that, think I just went to bed without doing anything on that list.
    John2 wrote:
    Eh?
    Oh sht yeah! Pet and Dead ed decided it would be a good idea to climb onto the back of this articulated lorry on pearse st. But not only that. There was (I think) a part or two of one of those huge cranes sitting on the back of it. Like a huge climbing frame. THose lads were right on top of it ducking under the dart bridge there so they would hit their heads.

Then they got down while I was hiding between the wheel axels. A wrestling match ensued which surprisingly pet won, inspite of ed having a couple inches, stone and testosterone than him...

Ouchies, I'm sore all over today..

See, I told you I'm an asshole when I'm drunk. I nearly got into a fight on my way home cos I slagged some guy's beard (it looked like chin pubes though).

• Advertisement

Hahaha, you kids!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement