Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

UCD aren't gonna ban fcuking BEBO...

This is a black day for all people waiting for a PC in college.
    My heart goes out to them.

/me continues posting uselessly on Boards while the queue for a computer begins to get steadily more irritated

Marvellous.

SebtheBum wrote:
    UCD aren't gonna ban fcuking BEBO...

This is a black day for all people waiting for a PC in college.
    My heart goes out to them.

/me continues posting uselessly on Boards while the queue for a computer begins to get steadily more irritated

Marvellous.

Trinity won't either.

Referring to the title, it might be a little melodramatic, but the forum seems a bit...deader these days, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well em, some of us have these things called exams to be working towards?......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

well em, some of us have these things called exams to be working towards?......

Uh huh. There'll prob be a massive resurgence in the 'physics' thread in a week or two as us physics types start offering up our grandmothers for copies of lecture notes. It'll be an interesting barter/desperation market, which the economics and sociology peeps will be observing.

my rant: college were cutting the grass today. i felt the first tickle of hayfever, ffs, it's only the start of april. *sniffle*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Some of us have final years to do ;)

I got an email from Dónal this morning with the subject "Notice of resignation" and I thought "****, that wasn't an April Fool's joke at all, he's actually resigned!" I opened it and no, I've been resigned from being a class rep because I haven't turned up to council or offered up apologies. Hmmmm.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    *Makes mental note*

I forgot to kick Roro in the end. Bugger.

lol its a bit late for him to be resign'n ye innit?

True but brains don't function properly within 20 minutes of waking up. That's a scientific fact*

*That's not a scientific fact

though i'm sure it has been shown that before yer daily caffine doseage..(coffee good) , one would be slower or something

John2 wrote:
    Some of us have final years to do ;)

I got an email from Dónal this morning with the subject "Notice of resignation" and I thought "****, that wasn't an April Fool's joke at all, he's actually resigned!" I opened it and no, I've been resigned from being a class rep because I haven't turned up to council or offered up apologies. Hmmmm.

Sorry, part of the job! I dropped you an e-mail for clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote:

I think I'll take it next year, as part of single honours economics. Am I mad?

I think its required for lots of thing in 4thy year, or the more mathys things certainly, and if you're doing single honours you are probably prepared to do all the mathys stuff anyway. As for mad in general, quite possibly.

Rant: I think i might be ill. I woke up this morning with a headache, a temperature, pains in my joints and with an inability to breath through my nose. This would be not so good on a normal day, but im supposed to be going on the paintball IV this weekend, and ive misplaced my phone and as such havn't been able to text the captain to tell him im ill. im a sub though so its not like im actually going to damage the team by not being there, but i wanted to go,and mroe so i've been sick already this year and i like and generally aim to only get sick once a year. Poo-y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I think its required for lots of thing in 4thy year, or the more mathys things certainly, and if you're doing single honours you are probably prepared to do all the mathys stuff anyway.
    I think I'll do Economic Analysis, Monetary and Welfare Economics, Industrial Economics, Mathematical Economics and Econometrics. There's a heavy Maths bent there, all right.
    As for mad in general, quite possibly.
    Quite definitely, I should think.
    Rant: I think i might be ill. I woke up this morning with a headache, a temperature, pains in my joints and with an inability to breath through my nose. This would be not so good on a normal day, but im supposed to be going on the paintball IV this weekend, and ive misplaced my phone and as such havn't been able to text the captain to tell him im ill. im a sub though so its not like im actually going to damage the team by not being there, but i wanted to go,and mroe so i've been sick already this year and i like and generally aim to only get sick once a year. Poo-y
    Hmmm... hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

****s sake - my uncle rings me and moved a deadline for some work i had done from a week away, to pretty much now. none too happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Stupid migraine that won't go away properly. I've had it since about Tuesday and at this stage it's not so bad that I have to lie down but it's bad enough to make everything I have to do seem way more difficult. *kicks self for running out of medication* Groargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

there's cows right next to where i'm working in Longford and it's really distracting because they keep mooing....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

stargal wrote:
    Stupid migraine that won't go away properly. I've had it since about Tuesday and at this stage it's not so bad that I have to lie down but it's bad enough to make everything I have to do seem way more difficult. *kicks self for running out of medication* Groargh.

If you go to the pharmacy where you got the drugs (or at a pinch, any pharmacy, but pref one where you've got prescriptions before, so you're on file, if you know what i mean) they can give you an emergency supply of the drug. It helps if you bring along the empty box, with the labels and stuff on it.

what's the story with the weather, it keep hailstoning outside and then it's also sunny. Also there's some really annoying girl who keeps laughing really loudly a few computers dwon :(...

well thank god i'm not on the rugby team as they're playing a match in it right now...

Yeah, there was extreme hailstoning a couple of minutes ago followed by really loud thunder and rain. Now it's blue skies and sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

snorlax wrote:
    Also there's some really annoying girl who keeps laughing really loudly a few computers dwon :(...

There's a guy who always does this in the Hamilton also. Little creepy if you don't know he's there.

I've had an absolute killer headache all fcuking day and I can't seem to shift it.

Oh, and there's sh*te on TV.

Oh, and Ireland's weather can't seem to make up its fcuking mind as to whether or not we are currently in the depths of Winter or on the cusp of Summer... Means that no matter what clothes you pick in the morning, at some point in the day you will be freezing your ass off, while later on (probably within minutes, if not seconds) you will be boiling hot and sweating buckets.

Marvellous f**king country, innit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

SebtheBum wrote:
    Means that no matter what clothes you pick in the morning, at some point in the day you will be freezing your ass off, while later on (probably within minutes, if not seconds) you will be boiling hot and sweating buckets.
    The solution is layering - instead of a tshirt and a heavy jacket, wear 2 tshirts, a fleece and a light jacket, or something similar. If you're sitting around outside, put everything on, moving around inside, layer down, etc etc etc

/me can't believe that he has to point out things like this to people

/me can't believe that you felt the need to point out something so obvious.

Layering just doesn't fcuking work. Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh, and Ireland's weather can't seem to make up its fcuking mind as to whether or not we are currently in the depths of Winter or on the cusp of Summer... Means that no matter what clothes you pick in the morning, at some point in the day you will be freezing your ass off, while later on (probably within minutes, if not seconds) you will be boiling hot and sweating buckets.

Marvellous f**king country, innit?

My rant too. Layering not so useful when you walk to college in sunshine, and generally end up trying to do twenty minute walk in ten minutes, cos you're late ... again. Bl**dy weather should sort itself out. 2.gif

ah back to bogford and the cows today :(

snorlax wrote:
    Make sure you talk back to them this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

snorlax wrote:
    Ah, just appreciate the damn fresh air and the slight reduction in the number of annoying d4 sounding pricks. and a lot less junkies.

I hate statistics. Well not really, I hate the stats packages on these computers, we were taught on one program and these computers have a different one with a completely different way of working. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I hate when domestically-retarded country boys go to cook fish and end up splattering fishy oil all over the kitchen, because they had half a bottle of oil boiling in the bottom of the pan, and put wet frozen fish in on top (he was lucky he didn't get severe facial burns), resulting in a stench akin to a landfill site. I'm half expecting seagulls to come in through the open window.

I bought €20 of credit (worth €22) in the SU shop, and I stood outside, dialled 1741 and entered the number. However, I forgot to press 2, when the number was played back to me, and I promptly threw the slip in the bin.

I rang a friend, and my credit ran out during the call. I realised what I had done, and went back to the bin. I couldn't reach into the bin, so I had to disassemble it and retrieve my credit.

People were looking at me worryingly.

I remembered to press 2 the next time.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm. I came in early today to do all my administration pinball type stuff. Everything that should be open is closed. And people that I need to talk to are unavailable. My friends are all busy. So I have nothing to do until four.
    Seeing as I usually have 32 hours a week, I feel strange. 4 hours to me is a vast swathe of time, in which you could plant crops. What to do in these four hours?

How do you arts students kill time? I SHOULD go to the library, but the weather is far, far too nice for that. I'm going to hit the piano for a bit, I think. And then.. who knows?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement